Another I don't know what to call my shop thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephanieM

Reaction score
Good evening guys and gals, I have the age old problem of what to call my salon - I have many ideas running through my head just none about names apart from these - please give me your honest opinions, the salon has a clean bright feel slightly edging onto shabby chic and it's also hair and beauty. many thanks in advance

Bella
Bella Capelli Salon(meaning beautiful Hair in Italian)
The secret spa
Stephanie Meredith Hair and beauty
The Sanctuary

Any more will be greatly appreciated xxx

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Anyone??????

I like Bella Capelli on its own without the 'salon' part. Sounds Classy and different. Xx

Thanks for your reply - I just worried that people will not know what it is without the 'salon ' bit on the end? For leaflets / business cards etc? So confusing xxxx

Thanks for your reply - I just worried that people will not know what it is without the 'salon ' bit on the end? For leaflets / business cards etc? So confusing xxxx

I did think that as soon as I wrote it. Lol
But i suppose when it comes to advertising you'll have something on your leaflets/business cards that says what you do, anyone that walks past your salon will see its a salon & on price lists etc.
I don't have my own salon but I'm sure some more geeks will be along soon to give you some advice.
:) xx

Bella capelli is my favourite I love it - but some people pulled a face when I told them and made me doubt myself and question it :( I should just stick to my guns shouldn't I?? like you said I may have to just word marketing materials in a way that makes it clear ;)

thank you xxx

It's your salon at the end of the day not theirs so if you love it go ahead and name your salon that 😊. I think it sounds lovely and it's different too so the name will stand out
I had the same problem with my first and most recent business. The first was a partnership so whatever I liked she didn't so in the end we settled and I absolutely hated the name sounded far too harsh for a hair salon. I recently left and doing my own thing now and I came up with "La Belle Vie - personal stylist" and I love it!!! When I received my appointment cards with the name and logo I knew I made the right choice. So go with your heart

Bella capelli is my favourite I love it - but some people pulled a face when I told them and made me doubt myself and question it :( I should just stick to my guns shouldn't I?? like you said I may have to just word marketing materials in a way that makes it clear ;)

thank you xxx

Being part Italian myself I am voting Bella Capelli

I always think a name sounds so classy so i'm voting 'Stephanie Meredith' x

I always think a name sounds so classy so i'm voting 'Stephanie Meredith' x

I like a name too.
With regards to Bella Capelli :-/ it should be Bei Capelli for the correct Italian or you could use Belli Capelli if you choose that one xx

I love Bella but only because my business is called that after my daughter.

I think bella capelli xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

[QUOTE=Nails

Bella alone has sense! but Bella Capelli...Just hope you don't get any Italian customers lol!! But then lots of businesses use foreign words stuck together and they don't actually make sense :-(

Haha I don't have any Italian clients so they'll never know hee hee i researched the correct format and I also found Beli Capelli but although it's wrong I like Bella haha sorry to any Italians :)

Thank you all for your honest opinions xxx
I will let you all know what ive chosen very soon :)

Haha I don't have any Italian clients so they'll never know hee hee i researched the correct format and I also found Beli Capelli but although it's wrong I like Bella haha sorry to any Italians :)

Thank you all for your honest opinions xxx
I will let you all know what ive chosen very soon :)

Ok!...I will forgive you LOL! Loads of companies use our words and put them together randomly, Bella Pasta makes no sense either!! You call it what you like ;-)

Still think I like the one with your name best.
X

Just jumping in a sec (Sorry OP) Where would you stand legally on being The Sanctuary? Given that there's already a rather well known one? Could you be " The Sanctuary town name" I live in a town beginning with the letter "S" so The Sanctuary S****" would work well or just "Sanctuary" but I don't want to be infringing on anyones name/rights?

I thought about that too with 'the sanctuary' I would have just added the town name or incorporated the address somehow :) it's no where near the top of the pile anyway so I don't need to this of this anymore haha

Thanks all xxx

I personally love bella, but the bella you chose for some reason makes me think it's food?

I love bella, what about bella Stephanie or Stephanie bella/ or change how u spell your name like bella stefani

X

I thought about that too with 'the sanctuary' I would have just added the town name or incorporated the address somehow :) it's no where near the top of the pile anyway so I don't need to this of this anymore haha

Thanks all xxx

Hope someone can come along and confirm it for me though!

I think you have a great name so use it. Don't use spa unless its a spa with steam rooms etc. if its just beauty, then say that. Salon doesn't whether it's hair or beauty and you need to get your message across.

I like your own name :)

Latest posts

Back