Another one! soft nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb379

Reaction score
Me again!

If nails are not supposed to be porous then why do the get horribly soft after acrylics?

Deb379

Natural nails are porous, so when they have had a coating on them which is non porous or not hydrophilic, then moisture can build up in the plate.

When you remove the enhancement, the plate feels softer (never felt a plate that was 'horribly soft')due to the build up of moisture.

24 hours and a buff with SolarOil, and provided the technician has not damaged the plate, it will feel just like normal. If it does not, then the technician has damaged the plate.

As Geeg said they are porous, which is why when you do a soak off you have to make sure you really dehydrate the nail afterwards otherwise there could be some of the acetone left behind which will cause lift on the new set.

Its like when you wash up, if you have naturally long nails they go transparent for a while till they havedried out.

Don't get me wrong I know they are porous, it's just that I read an article somewhere where someone stated they weren't.

It's actually the ends of the nails, free edge. Last time it was well over a week before they felt any better, not a few days.

Deb379

my nails usually go soft and bendy after acrylics and look a little bit of a funny colour nothing serious just look old!, but i have one client who's nails i have been doing since feb...when i soak off her enhancements her nails underneath are rock hard! not thin or damaged not bendy and soft!!!!! WOW how does she do this? MAGIC nails lol :)

this is good though as her nails are great to work on!
Kat xxx

I guess everyone is different, when I removed my sister's nails they were pretty solid too.

I read somewhere, you either have good hair or good nails and not both!

Deb379

Latest posts

Back