Another question about Websites - sorry!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florriedee

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I know this has been covered b4 probably many many time but I can't seem to get to grips with the search button on here! Lol!

I want to have a lovely website (surprise surprise) but I cannot understand all the jargon. The websites advertise free websites and then when you have spent hours deciding what it looks like etc... it turns out not to be free at all and you ending up paying for something that doesn't actually bear any resemblance to what you want, doesn't have the name you want and I doesn't do what it says on the tin!:eek:

Has anyone ever found a way of actually doing this successfully or am I going to have to ask someone real and proper? I am quite willing to do this to be honest but I thought 'it can't be that hard surely! People do it all the time!' Oh how wrongI was!
:eek:
Has anyone made it work? Please I am losing the will to live!!!!! Lx:cry:

I've just done mine with microsoft small business free for first two years and the 10 per two years after that , bit limited in styles but i'm quite pleased x

IMO there is no such thing as af ree lunch....or a decent one anyway! Yes you can always find a way to get something for free (lunch from the bins behind the restaurant - ugh!) but if you want it working well, then do it properly.

If youi are going to build your own website, then invest in your own domain name with someone like One and One and then get a good website builder package. I have used Microsoft Frontpage for mine, and its fairly basic, but gives good results. It does take some time to learn but I did and I'm no techno-geek.:lol:

Otherwise invest your money in someone that will do it properly for you. A good few geeks have had their sites now built by our own website guru geek Seanny of The Nail Directory with a very reasonable cost and fab result!

Edited to add: Sorry Ruth, in the time it took me to type, you'd posted. Of course, you do great websites too!

Edited to add: Sorry Ruth, in the time it took me to type, you'd posted. Of course, you do great websites too!

That's OK :)

And I certainly don't want to be stealing business off Seanny either! I guess at the end of the day it's a question of go with the person who does the sort of designs you like...

I created mine with Freewebs. It's genuinely free, although you can upgrade to premium packages if you want, but there's no pressure to do so.
It didn't take long at all to do, and it's had a pretty good reception so far.
Take a look at my site and see what you think!
Ruth is a wealth of information too; she's been a great help to me (and many others)!

i work on a website so if you need any help feel free to contact and if i can help then i will, don't worry i'm offering advice not selling a website!!

Latest posts

Back