Any advice on gaining clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
offer a free hand massage or similer as an incentive rather than a reduction, clients love something free

I shall try and find the ones that cater for hens in blackpool, maybe hens would like spray tan parties ?:)

good idea it does get a bit mind boggling when you think you have tried everything but the point is you pro active and not just expecting people to land on your doorstep it will pick up just bounce as many ideas as you can and something will click into place

Hi Emerald,
I'm sorta in the same situation as you I too started home and mobile in october 07 and to be honest am not getting as many clients as I hoped for but I do realise it takes time to build,anyway I am thinking of training for spray tanning as I think the two combined go well,but maybe you could offer a free tan with any manicure booked before mothers day or even just legs as I have read that once people get the tan done that they are hooked but it would also get you business for your nails.its worth a thought but I know how you feel I had a special offer for valentines and only got a few clients so I think we just need to keep plugging away and let people know we are here but it is hard
one day we will get there:lol:

This time of year is generally pretty quiet

I would definately go for doing pamper parties and i think the postcard idea is good too

what about a special on a manicure and pedicure booked together?

well i thought that i could do a combined price of £30 for man & ped as i charge £15 man & £20 ped luxury ones using the ezflow spa elements products. It isnt a huge saving i know but i dont want to discount heavily as i know in the long run it wont help me, :rolleyes:

hello emerald
i was at my wits end trying to find new clients but my boyfriend told me that the girls in his office were all looking on line at a site called all about beauty i tried this and registered for a year it only cost me £20 and i have had results from it. it might be worth you having a look at. i am not saying this is the result for you but it worked for me and after all it is only £20. good luck

Any ideas on wording for my holiday package postcard? I need a phrase for the front, the back will include packages for holidays:)thanks

Try Contacting local slimming group leaders to see if you can strike up a deal!

I have done this & arranged for the leader to hand everyone (200 members) my treatment list in return for a small discount to her premier members if they come to me.

Too soon to say if this has been any good as only just organised but I think it could be a great way to get some word of mouth out to ladies in your local area who are keen on looking after themselves!

http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/vp/ns/my_account/doc_edit.aspx?doc_id=518063610&pf_id=084&xnav=RCH_DIP
livepreview.aspx
livepreview.aspx
what do you all think to the postcard? i will be putting them into travel agents as a way of attracting customers for pre-holiday treatments:)

what postcard?

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could give advice, i started my mobile business in nov 07 doing nails, manicures, makeup. At christmas i was busy as people where getting their nails done for xmas (and i had an introductory price) BUT i am quiet beyond belief i havent had a client for 2 weeks now. I have 2 regulars for nails but thats it. I have recently completed my sienna x training so now ive done my practises im ready for clients with that. I also do pedicures.

Heres what ive done to advertise since i started business: 3000 leaflets, postcards in shops on noticeboards/in windows, advert in towns free magazine, free ad on yell.com/thomson local/ every free advert site i can find, wedding fayre, sent letters to existing clients with an offer, got a website, and im out of ideas now, i plan to drop cards at bridal shops/hairdressers but i dont know what else 2 do, ive read the sassys advertising and done most of that anyway.

Im starting to worry now:rolleyes:

Maybe your nails were not that good is another reason, i am also a mobile nailtech and lost one or two ppl cos my time was too long or my nails were not the same as they has previously. But to be honest it takes time and people are not as loyal as they could be which is very upsetting.
Do not put your price down, as the amount time you spend travelling you could be doing another client in a salon, so i charge more then salon's.
And yes i am quiet this time too had only one week end booking i nearly shat myself i have never been so quiet.

But keep on with the advertising it can only help even if ppl dont have money to do nails they can still get your name to remember so when they do get their nails done you are the name they remember.

oh it hasnt worked, i dont know how to show pictures on here:irked:

Maybe your nails were not that good is another reason, i am also a mobile nailtech and lost one or two ppl cos my time was too long or my nails were not the same as they has previously. But to be honest it takes time and people are not as loyal as they could be which is very upsetting.
Do not put your price down, as the amount time you spend travelling you could be doing another client in a salon, so i charge more then salon's.
And yes i am quiet this time too had only one week end booking i nearly shat myself i have never been so quiet.

But keep on with the advertising it can only help even if ppl dont have money to do nails they can still get your name to remember so when they do get their nails done you are the name they remember.

I did a lot of practising before i started on clients BUT i live near an nss and they knock nails out in 45mins so people would rather go there than sit a bit longer with me i think, as i have been told by clients that they have been good nails that i have done and that they have lasted better than other local salons they had been to.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back