Any alternative to Kolinsky brushes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fificharlie said:
I just do not agree with cruelty to animals. I eat meat - not alot of the time, but I do - because animals that are killed for food at slaughter houses are mostly killed in a humane way. If an animal is killed instantly, and does not suffer - then at least they have felt no pain. Things like slitting animal's throats and hanging them upside down to die is just horrific. Disgusting.

I dont agree with animal testing for cosmetics etc - they way they are kept and are treated etc - but if it is completely neccesary for the survival of people with life threatening illnesses then yes - that is something that HAS to be done, and can benefit a hell of alot of people.

All I am worried about is if these animals are killed by being, say, 'clubbed over the head' for example - like baby seals - their tails cut off whilst they are still alive, etc etc -
That I do not agree with. If an animal has to suffer - I personally think it is wrong. I'm no big 'protestor' or any thing - but if I could get a brush that is not made by harming an animal - I would prefer it. :)

I agree with both nailzoo and yourself.
At some point, we do need to draw a line.
HOWEVER if there is an alternative that works equally well without animals suffering (because in my opinion, sitting stuffed in a cage for a lifetime while hair is plucked off your arse is NOT a life and NOT humane by any stretch of the imagination)

I guess it's all about personal choices.
And let's face it, enhancements are about vanity. Just like fur coats are. IF there is a better way (like faux fur) that's just as nice or readily available as the case may be, I'd much prefer that avenue.
I admit to eating meat and perhaps some of what I eat was not killed in the most humane manner and it bothers me, but not enough to make me a vegan.
BUT I will NOT eat the meat from the deer my neighbor killed as he only hunts for the thrill and the trophy head on his walls. He gives away probably 50% of the meat. So, they can't like it that much or need it to fill their bellies.

But I think it's important that we are truly aware of what we are using and where it's from, and I thank the originator of this thread for the educating/enlightening information posted here.
We should make informed choices.

thanks V:green:
i think the same way

well I'm sure if there had be an environmentally brush invented we'd all know about it. :idea:

If it really upsets you that much then use gel, all brushes are synthetic. Pretty easy solution really. :)

this is true
but i really like acrylic better
maybe they should try to make brushes with thin human hair
i should try with mine :wink2:

River said:
Already did !!

When they respond, I'll post the reply here.

River

Hi,

I've had a response back from Rosemary, however, she can only speak for the materials that she uses for her brushes.

The answer is a bit vague, but given the one statement she makes, I'm inclined to believe that perhaps the animals are killed..... I could be wrong.

I did reply back to her asking if she could clarify, so as soon as I hear back, I'll let you know.

Here is her response to my email:

Hello,

Thank you for your enquiry.

I would suggest you contact the mfc of the brushes you are currently using
as we all source from different hair suppliers and therefore I cannot
comment regarding their sable only my own.

I have visited my hair supplier for some 25 years now and can assure you the
sable is collected under a strict humane guideline.

Yours Sincerely,

Rosemary

River

Well she could be implying they are killed but you can treat animals inhumanely and not kill them, if that makes sense. Hopefully all she means is they were treated kindly while they got their botty haircut.

min11 said:
Well she could be implying they are killed but you can treat animals inhumanely and not kill them, if that makes sense. Hopefully all she means is they were treated kindly while they got their botty haircut.[/quote]

This is what I'm hoping for, hence asking her to clarify exactly what she means. Fingers crossed !

River

Latest posts

Back