Any anxiety sufferers on here?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely believe in inherited anxiety, my Dad has had it all his life and I'm exactly the same now. He tries so hard to cover it up but I just think as kids we pick things up anyway. I'm having a really hard time at the moment because I constantly worry about what my clients are thinking. I just did a set of Brisa Lite sculpting gel on a client and they turned out lovely she really likes them, but whenever I do extensions I absolutely stress myself about how long they are taking. It took me an hour and half and then another half an hour for art because she had some studs applied and some black tips. And since I've been home all I can think about over and over is "are the studs going to fall off to soon?!" or worry about the extensions lasting! I'm driving myself insane! I wish I could just do a client and then forget about it but I never can lol!

Hun I have you on FB and those nails are AMAZING!! I too sometimes suffer from anxiety but it's funny how self conscious we get about our work yet they really are beautiful to everyone else :)xx

I was really chuffed with myself yesterday as I had an awkward client that didn't like what I did to her hair.. But I dealt with it, a few months ago I would have had a panic attack and got really upset about it. I just went abit red in the face but never mind lol x

Aw well done you!
Every day makes you stronger!!

I've got mine under control with my tablets and I'm going through some stuff with my little boy, I don't want too work, I want to sit and sulk all day after my boy goes to school, but I get the courage to carry in and work. It turns out working stops the worrying anyway. However I think my 6 year old now has anxiety /( it's an awful thought and hope its not true, got to take steps with doctor now with him. I bet it's hereditary, I imagined it would come too him in later life not at 6!!!

Aw well done you!
Every day makes you stronger!!

I've got mine under control with my tablets and I'm going through some stuff with my little boy, I don't want too work, I want to sit and sulk all day after my boy goes to school, but I get the courage to carry in and work. It turns out working stops the worrying anyway. However I think my 6 year old now has anxiety /( it's an awful thought and hope its not true, got to take steps with doctor now with him. I bet it's hereditary, I imagined it would come too him in later life not at 6!!!

Aww bless him, hopefully the doc can help him to get it under control before it gets any worse. Hopefully it's just a stage he's going through and it will go away soon. Keep positive lol x

I put this link on a post the other day but i want everyone to read it. Is Gluten Making You Depressed? | Psychology Today
There is loads of new research about depression and anxiety and its very interesting. Im just finishing a book called Cracked by James davies which explains about how research has been done over the last 40yrs, its quite an eye opener.

I have been on propranolol for nearly a year and a half,

Otherwise known as inderal half la 80mg. It's a beta blocker.

It works but recently my anxiety is coming back worse :( heart races, hot and cold, sickly feeling, light headed, etc then it just passes.

I hate it :(

Surrey Girl through and through x

I used to suffer with anxiety and depression for 5 years (USED TO been the key words!!!)
I was on citalopram for just over a year. (I didnt get help for all those years)
And know I've been off it for just over a year :)
I still get the odd depression spell now and then but I've learnt how to drag myself back up :)

I also had counselling for a while I found it Worked well at first but then after a while I felt i didn't need it anymore.
It was a long hard bumpy road but everyone has it in them to be how they want to be.
I kept telling myself its all in my head (although I'm not sayin this doesn't make it real)
But because its all in my head then it's up to me to get better. If you think you can't then you won't. But if I can YOU can :D

The hardest part now is my hubby is on 30mg citalopram a day and suffers with panic attacks, anxiety, depression and has anger management issues. I know I have to stay strong to keep him strong as he is also getting better. Or at least not getting any worse.

I know it's hard but keep your chin up and a smile is ways a good place to start xxx

Laura💋

I had my first panic attack at 28 just after my divorce and for a quick fix the doctor put me on anti depressants which I wasn't pleased about. I then did some research and went to a holistic therapist who not only got me off my depressants (gradually) but also helped me to control my panic attacks. I still get the odd symptom like sweaty hands, feeling a bit faint, OCD and breathlessness but I have learnt how to handle it. I do over worry myself especially where my children are concerned but again that is something I have to live with. I now have a full body massage once a month with a lovely lady who is also holistic and aromatherapy trained and she calms me right down. I do also get a bit anxious and worried over new clients but I am slowly learning to take control of the situation and be in charge! I have now accepted this is something I will have to live with and maybe that's the key, accepting it for what it is. This is a great thread and its amazing how many people suffer from it!

Hi geeks, I just wondered if anyone on here suffers with anxiety & if so how do you deal with it?
I've suffered for years but its got worse as I've got older due to worrying about everyday things that I don't have I.e I'm 28 & still live at home with my parents.I've got no partner & no children & I worry about not having these things which then sets my anxiety off :-(
Does anyone else suffer with anxiety too?

I have suffered with anxiety for years most significantly since around 2000. Sometimes it is worse than others, I have several techniques that I use to try and change the pattern or prevent it worsening. When I was pregnant with my son and for around 2 years or so after it became really bad, but I understand this can be quite common. Getting a massage really will help as someone else has suggested, also I use a tapping technique and meditation to control mine. Victoria x

Well after suffering with it for nearly 6 years and medicated (beta blocker) for nearly two I am having my first counselling session on Wednesday :)

Time to change :)

Surrey Girl through and through x

i have been diagnosed with that post traumatic disorder ocd and anxiaty iv lived on my nerves since being a teenager panicattacks too im 45 now and waiting on professional help lol

I have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety................
I have good and bad days, my good days I take 1 loopy pill, my bad ones I take 2. Get very sweaty with the anxiety and moody with the depression but buying new sparkles for nails usually helps LOL xx

I have had depression for 20 yrs & anxiety & panic attacks for the last 8 yrs. I have just finished CBT therapy which has helped me loads & have only had 1 panic attack in the last 3 months rather than having them nearly everyday. Go to your docs & see if you can get referred to CBT.

I have had depression for 20 yrs & anxiety & panic attacks for the last 8 yrs. I have just finished CBT therapy which has helped me loads & have only had 1 panic attack in the last 3 months rather than having them nearly everyday. Go to your docs & see if you can get referred to CBT.
just I case you are not sure what CBT is it's cognitive behavioural therapy.
After coming off cyprilex I am now on sertraline tablets. I'm not ready to come off them yet but I don't reach for the Diazapam or propanalol anymore since having CBT.

I've been diagnosed with depression and have been suffering with anxiety for a couple of years. My confidence is low and I wish it wouldn't stop me doing things I need to do or love it's a pain. Xx

My anxiety gets so bad that I worry to no end..about outer space! I actually was up all night one night worrying what would happen if the earth just fell, i regularly worry about this no matter how stupid it is!
Thats just one of my worries, flying is also a massive fear of mine & i regularly have nightmares about it.

Dont worry hunny, gravity will always be there :) and in space there is no air so you don't actually fall anywhere xx

Sounds like fears you got there. Fears related to air.

I got over my fears of spiders by picking them up :) now I'm the man if the house catching spiders. My theory is to get over irrational fears, force yourself to do them.

My pms gave my anxiety a helping hand the other day. It was awful. Family visiting too so then I worried more what I'm acting like ANC then got really depressed "nobody likes me I need to move out" kind if feeling. I had a headache from the stress of worrying for a day. :( feel better now though but now my family will think I'm a right looser!!!! Nobody understands mental health issues until they suffer from one!

My anxiety has started to come back a little bit atm, I get really nervous doing things for the first time (really nervous!) my brother has got a new born baby and he's been showing me how to feed and burp him etc, I get so nervous and shaky about it and can feel my face and chest go bright red! I'm gonna be crap with my own baby :-( x

I have had depression for 15 years and anxiety for 7. I had a panic attach for the first time last week as I was made redundant which came as a complete shock! I have had CBT and have been in citalopram on and off. I have good and bad days.

I feel the same. Will be ok for weeks and all of a sudden I will just snap. Two weeks ago I went to work quite weepy and had a tear between clients but I think I was trying to hold it in cus when I finished I burst into tears walking home and couldn't stop crying to the point wher I couldn't catch my breath. The next morning I thought I was ok and all of a sudden I started again. I decided there and then that I would go to the walk in clinic where this lovely doctor saw me and gave me a leaflet to see a counsellor. I'm going on the 25th. I have had a difficult year with family but I was depressed before.

Latest posts

Back