Any Avon Geeks out there?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see why Avon is not seen as a professional product, especially when a lot of products sold by other companies were originally patented by Avon. As for integrity, Avon has been going for 120 years and was one of the first companies to allow women to make their own money as well as working closely with Breast Cancer Charities. These were some of the reasons I chose to work for Avon and integrity is high on that list.

Unfortunately the old Avon image is still upheld and, in my experience, usually by those who haven't seen a brochure for a long time. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the products, especially the jewellery and lingerie. Everyone I've shown have loved the products, even the hardened sceptics.

So, my advice would be don't knock it til you've tried it lately.

I wouldn't think of Avon as professional salon brand !! I certainly wouldn't use it in my facials :eek: JMO

I don't see why Avon is not seen as a professional product, especially when a lot of products sold by other companies were originally patented by Avon. As for integrity, Avon has been going for 120 years and was one of the first companies to allow women to make their own money as well as working closely with Breast Cancer Charities. These were some of the reasons I chose to work for Avon and integrity is high on that list.

Unfortunately the old Avon image is still upheld and, in my experience, usually by those who haven't seen a brochure for a long time. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the products, especially the jewellery and lingerie. Everyone I've shown have loved the products, even the hardened sceptics.

So, my advice would be don't knock it til you've tried it lately.
That doesn't make them a 'professional product' company (in my personal opinion)...
A professional product is one that isn't readily available on the high street, whether it be from a brochure delivered through the door or from a high street pharmacy chain.

Even if something is not 'professional', it doesn't make it bad product.

I love their Skin So Soft line. Makes everything all nice and soft and smells lovely AND the oil keeps the nasty mosquitoes away better than a nasty stinking toxic can of OFF does. And we have skeeters near as big as bats out here:eek:
They have a corn/callus remover that is to die for. So easy. No daily fussing, everything gone within 14days, with minimal effort.
I could list numerous items that are just perfectly lovely AND cost reasonable prices.
Their hair conditioner, when on sale is 2.95$ You've all seen the mega thick and long quantity of hair that I have. What you haven't seen is it in it's natural tangled curly and fuzzy mess. Well, I've paid high end prices for high end names and professional products to detangle it. Guess what. They didn't work. BUT Advance Techniques Avon conditioner DID AND DOES.
I have Rosacea which is dry red irritated itchy skin that is prone to break-outs. I've tried the pricey pro products. They don't help and either irritate it or cause more acne flare-ups. Avon has a gentle and affordable face cleanser etc that doesn't irritate it and doesn't cause acne flareups.
I just spent 40$ on a cream intended for Rosacea 2mths ago, from a high end and 'professional' line. Called Rosacure. Guess what it did? Caused acne in huge doses and did nothing of what it claimed.

I could go on, the list is endless. And there's stuff I haven't tried that others have.
Avon is NOT what it was 20yrs ago. It's better. It's bigger.

YES they have some products that are well... in my opinion, lacking. (like the silly cellulite cream)
BUT so do many other companies, including the ones that are 'professional' (like silly cellulite cream, again).

What myself and a few others took exception to was our integrity being questioned.

Definition of integrity - Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
Main Entry: in·teg·ri·ty
Pronunciation: in-'te-gr&-tE
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English integrite, from Middle French & Latin; Middle French integrité, from Latin integritat-, integritas, from integr-, integer entire
1 : firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : [SIZE=-1]INCORRUPTIBILITY[/SIZE]
2 : an unimpaired condition : [SIZE=-1]SOUNDNESS[/SIZE]
3 : the quality or state of being complete or undivided : [SIZE=-1]COMPLETENESS[/SIZE]
synonym see [SIZE=-1]HONESTY[/SIZE]

There is nothing dishonest or immoral about selling perfume, children's toys, shoes with matching purses or lipstick with matching nail polish.

OK. I am beginning to wish i hadnt started this thread now. I did not ask for my integrity or professiionalism to be questioned. I work hard at being a full time mum and wife, part-time clerical officer, part-time nail tech and beauty therapist, I carry out these roles to the best of my ability and with what i consider to be great integrity and professionalism, My clients say i am a perfectionist and im quite proud of that too

I am so far enjoying my work with avon and hopefullly helping the breast cancer charity alng the way too, and who knows, maybe one day i will learn how to dance with snakes for money!

maybe one day i will learn how to dance with snakes for money!

mmmmmm, sarcasm becomes you, maybe when you are ready to start dancing I can give you some pointers,
but not until you can do nails properly first
(and I don't mean stick-ons on your sister-in-law):)
Your thread 12/06/06 :eek:

No probNail zoo. I KNOW I can do nails properly and certainly don't need to explain myself to you so in the instance of the stick on nails I wont. In the instance of my thread I only asked to hear from any Avon geeks and I aint got anything else to post on this matter. :eek:

To all who replied to my question on the thread and via e-mails to me thank you so much for your advice

Latest posts

Back