Any Avon Geeks out there?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyliekit88

Reaction score
Hi

I have just decided to do Avon and the lady came to see me today. She explained that if I sell £75 I make 25% commission. I shuld have asked her but forgot - do I still make commisions on sales under £75?

Thanks

Hannah1984 is an Avon rep/sales consultant ... you could send her a PM to see if she is able to answer your question.

The way I understand it is that you get nothing if your sales are below £75. £75 to £132 (ish) you get 20% and above £132 you get 25%.

I was doing Avon for a short time - I did about 10 campaigns but it was hard work especially over the winter - going out at night to get people in to get paid etc. was difficult sometimes.

I still do it for my clients who come to me and also for myself as I do like some of their products.

I do avon.

How it works here in Canada is you get a basic percentage no matter how little. then if you sell over a certain amount, that percentage goes up. If goes up another level to another amount, then the percentage goes up again.
To a max of 40%, with added benefits in the presidents club, etc.

Ask your 'rep' to email you all the details and breakdowns.

Keep in mind (at least this is what we have to do here in Canada) that you pay your own brochures, bags, samples etc.

And, if you hit a certain amount for the year, then the next year, you automatically get a certain percentage no matter how much you make on a campaign.

Hth's

oooh i might start it when i move to canada , lol , sounds better than what you get here , lmao

It sounds about right what natural nails has said. I have been doing Avon for about two years but only sell to family and friends this is just to keep my little obsession with a certain product they do going(The product is what they claim to be botox in a bottle). I find the thing about Avon is many people still have an old fashioned view of their products which makes it harder to sell anything.

this is just to keep my little obsession with a certain product they do going(The product is what they claim to be botox in a bottle). I find the thing about Avon is many people still have an old fashioned view of their products which makes it harder to sell anything.

The Anew line is doing rather well here too. Once people try it, they LOVE it.

What you say about the old view is soooooo true! it has changed so much. I remember a time when I wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole. It's NOT what it was 10, 15, 20yrs ago. it's WAAAAAAAAY better and much different.

I use a tonne of their stuff now.
:green:

Thanks for your help everyone. I have been getting orders for a daughter of a client of mine and to be honest since having my baby and going part-time I thought for the amount of orders I get from work colleagues, families and friends I may as well be doing it myself. Might have to try out the botox-like product you mention. Might end up looking a few years younger in teh process lol:lol:

The product is ANEW deep crease concentrate and everyone I have recommended it to can't live without it now. I so notice the difference with my skin when I run out.

Thanks for the tip - shame my catalogue was collected yesterday! I will try to remember what it's called for next campaign! (Presumably you use it on those nose to lip lines and what do they call them?? marionette lines?! (mouth to chin - make you look grumpy?)

i've been selling since 1988.
i don't outsell anyone, but i still have fun!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

So if you decide (or some of you have already) to become an Avon Lady (or some other domestic cosmeticline), is it according to the commission you make on sales whether you upsell a professional product or Avon (the domestic product)? Do you actually deliberately choose to sell out your professional integrity?

Do you have any idea how this makes you look? Yeah, this reply will probably p*** a few of you off, (and so it should) you have just plummeted in the eyes of many. Bring on the neg reps (i've had a few for being honest before).

lol i have never thought about it that way before :lol: i suppose you do have a point ,
but i think people do it to earn extra money , ( i know i have done them all , ):green: and failed usually coz i cannot sell for the life in me , pmsl

So if you decide (or some of you have already) to become an Avon Lady (or some other domestic cosmeticline), is it according to the commission you make on sales whether you upsell a professional product or Avon (the domestic product)? Do you actually deliberately choose to sell out your professional integrity?

Do you have any idea how this makes you look? Yeah, this reply will probably p*** a few of you off, (and so it should) you have just plummeted in the eyes of many. Bring on the neg reps (i've had a few for being honest before).

I decided to do Avon because the rep who was doing it gave up - I took on her "round" - none of whom came to me as a professional - I saw it as a way of slipping my business card in to their orders LOL.

I also gave the books to my nail clients but banned them from buying any nail stuff.

I gave up because it was not for me.

Is professional integrity about giving what we feel is the best to our clients irrespective of what they are called.

Is professional integrity about giving what we feel is the best to our clients irrespective of what they are called.
I think you know what I mean, i'm not after an argument, I'm sure if you think Avon is the best product for your clients then ........ that's your choice, your integrity and your credibility.

Ive never had a hardsell from an Avon lady they usually put the book through the door and just come and collect it again with your order.I like a lot of Avon bits and they do so much now,i always buy their sun creams and lip glosses.

When a client wanted to order the cellulite cream, I told her not to.
When another wanted to order a specific mascara for 9.99$, I told her to wait till it was on sale, and to grab 3 or more of them like I do (Why pay 12$ at the pharmacy, when you get the same on sale for 2.95$ at Avon???).

Where is my integrity in danger? I leave them a book. If they want to buy a pefume or eyeliner, or a children's book or knick-knack that celebrates a holiday, what harm is in that? Or if they want to buy a matching pair of shoes with purse THAT is actually cheaper AND NICER than the local department store, how does that hurt my integrity?

I don't shove it at people. I don't say "you gotta have this". HOWEVER if I notice them choosing something that I don't think they'd be satisfied with OR if I think another colour is better for them or whatever..... then I stear them another direction.

I fail to see how my integrity is at risk.

I certainly don't push it in people's faces either. I work part-time in a hospital where I have today had some books on my desk and the number of working colleagues who have asked to take a book has amazed me. I was still writing the dates I need to have any orders back in on the order forms. I have personally used Avon Arabian Glow for years and couldn't live without it as a lot of people who order from me have used the Anew products for a while. I am also a nail technician and beauty therapist now working mobile after closing my shop two weeks ago. I am amazed by how many people do use Avon. I have seen it in their bathrooms and they haven't bought it from me.

I don't see why Avon is not seen as a professional product, especially when a lot of products sold by other companies were originally patented by Avon. As for integrity, Avon has been going for 120 years and was one of the first companies to allow women to make their own money as well as working closely with Breast Cancer Charities. These were some of the reasons I chose to work for Avon and integrity is high on that list.

Unfortunately the old Avon image is still upheld and, in my experience, usually by those who haven't seen a brochure for a long time. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the products, especially the jewellery and lingerie. Everyone I've shown have loved the products, even the hardened sceptics.

So, my advice would be don't knock it til you've tried it lately.

I know he will correct me if i am wrong :lol:,but i think Carl was referring to the fact that they sell skincare and nail care products hth's

Latest posts

Back