Any Ideas On What to Do With A Small Room In A Hair Salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldylocks77

Reaction score
The salon that i'm in the process of buying has a small room with a sundome inside.
I'm not a big fan of sunbeds and i'm considering asking the current owners to remove it before the sale is complete.
I don't really want to waste the space but what else could i use it for?
There is a nail bar just a few doors down so that is a no no.
Any ideas would be great.

Spray tan room? Even if you just had a pop-up tent with extractor ... fairly low investment and potential excellent return.

Mat

set up for pedicures?

you could have a piercing room. i have just bought a salon and it has a few extra rooms so i am doing piercing in one room and i have a spray tan booth in another. i also bought a hydrotherapy massage bed and have a couple of beauty rooms. i still have a spare room but not sure myself what to use that for!! you could also set it up especially for children. nice bright colours and a kids only hair station with a few toys to amuse them-bet the moms would love that!:)

My salon (or room), is at the back of a hair salon and I can fit a couch and quite a lot of other stuff, if you utilise the sapce well enough.

I have a nail bar, couch, shelves, 2 trolley and as long as you keep it tidy, it looks great! Looking on the gallery will help as it gives inspiration for what you can actually achieve.

Hope that helps, and send us some piccies once you have done it out!

Carly x:lol:

The salon that i'm in the process of buying has a small room with a sundome inside.
I'm not a big fan of sunbeds and i'm considering asking the current owners to remove it before the sale is complete.

How big is the room - do you know the measurements?

It might be worth considering advertising it out to rent the whole room. A nail tech or beauty therapist might jump at the chance to hire a room in a hair salon. It also means less headache for you whilst you get your hair salon up and running and you dont have to employ someone with a different skill set.
xx

I don't have the measurments for the room but it is just a little bit bigger than the sundome that is in there at the moment.
Thanks for all your feedback, i had thought about the spray tan but don't you have to be a therapist to offer that service?

I would rent the room out, myself.

You could maybe go down the botox line,

Get a reflexologist in there, or hair removal- laser?

Maybe a couple of those big pedicure chairs - or just the one if roon is tight.

You could also offer aqua detox, you only need a small space for that and you can work that yourself, no need for a beauty therapist!

xx

Can you tell me what an Aqua Detox is please.

Thanks

aqua detox is said to draw toxins from the soles of the feet. clients feet are soaked for 30 minutes in salt water that is subjected to a low voltage current transmitted through an electrode.the system draws toxins out through the soles of the feet and the water changes color due to the release of toxic substances through the pores of the soles of the feet. it is said that the water turns brown because the toxins are released but even if you didn't put your feet in the water it would turn brown because the metal electrodes are rusting in a salt water bath!! i personally think it is another way to try and get people to part with their money and i think it is a big scam. just my opinion but i would never have it done!!:|

ST tropez Spray booth.Thats the thing.
I have got a spare

HI There:)
Congratulations on your salon purchase, you must be very excited:)
I think that going with the idea of renting it out to a beauty therapist is a good option. If a couch can be fitted in there then waxing, massage, body treatments, facials can be done without causing a problem with the nail bar down the road. Anyway nothing wrong with a bit of healthy compitition anyway:lol:
the very best of luck for your future venture hun, keep us posted:hug:

Nope you don't have to be a therepist to do spray tans, just do a training course, should be part of the package when you buy the products and equipment, tell your insurance company to add it in as a service and away you go

If it's big enough for a couch, you could have massage. Otherwise, a chair and Indian head massage.

Am just thinking out loud here ... how about using it as a waiting area (if there's enough room that is)? A few chairs dressed with nice cushions, a small table with promotional leaflets/magazines, a water cooler too maybe.

I think the room is too small to be a waiting room. I like the idea of spray tanning not sure what is best a booth or manual. I'll have to look back on some posts and see who is the best provider etc.
Thanks for all your feedback

:hug:

I think the room is too small to be a waiting room. I like the idea of spray tanning not sure what is best a booth or manual. I'll have to look back on some posts and see who is the best provider etc.
Thanks for all your feedback

:hug:
Manual is best for spray tanning hun,
i am giving you honest experience now, i bought my salon about 10 months ago and this had a huge walk in sun bed in there,
i said the same, i don't want a sun bed i don't use them and didn't think they were safe, the lady who sold to me told me to keep it for 6 months and see what i thought then,
it has taken the largest amount of money out of all the treatments i offer, and i do offer lots,
it has payed the electric bills 10 times over and more,
i have done quite a bit of research into them and when used as they should be they are not that bad,
give it 6 months and watch the money roll in, then decide if you want to get rid of it, if you do you would be able to sell it for a good price hth :hug:

Latest posts

Back