Any ideas spring to mind with a hair up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natsel

Reaction score
hi all,
Wonder if you could give me a few ideas, I have a customer that comes in to me and she is going to a wedding on the 28th of june (its her boyfriends brothers wedding) shes a lovely lady and is so laid back she doesnt really mind what I do to her hair:green:, anyhow she wants her hair put up for the wedding and she said shes leaving it to me what I do for her, her hair is quite long roughly if you can imagine a few inches past her bra strap, I,ve just coloured it for her with bright red and dark streaks running through the top.But its very straight (its quite stubborn to curl unless you have a tin of lacquer)
she wants it all put up , with only a few bits left at the sides so she can have them curled, she hasnt got a frindge just a few long layers and shaped around her face shes told me her dress is black but will be nothing fancy,
look wise i was thinking something quite neat not too high but with a twist lol but not bridal obviously I,m willing to give anything a shot as I love to do hair up's but I thought if you could throw some ideas at me then it could give me some inspiration:) shes got an oval shaped face if that helps :lol:
or if anyone could let me know any websites with hair ups I would be grateful have googled in the past without much luck

thanks very much :D

thank you jeni your a diamond:hug:

Last year I had 7 weddings to attend so I know a lot about getting ready for weddings.

My favourite style was a french roll at the back, with a bit of a beehive at the front and a side parting with some hair loose at the front. My beehive was just big enough to give a bit of height and volume but you can obviously make it bigger if she wants to make more of an impact.

You could also set her hair on heated rollers and then pin up the curls at the back, leaving a few curls down around the face or at the back.

If you go into google images and search for "wedding hair" or "bridal hair" and you can get some great pictures.

I also loving having a single flower at the back or side. It's not too bridal but is really pretty and isn't usally done.

Let us know how you get on / what you decide?

what about an audrey hepbern smooth bun? long hair is best for this and the backcombing and hair just gets tucked under

Latest posts

Back