Any Kiwi nail techs out there who can advise me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heidi Herkez

Reaction score
Hi there!

My partner and i are emmigrating to Auckland, New Zealand ina few years. I am a make-up artist looking to do a course in nails-what is the best recognised brand out there? Ez flow or Creative? Is acrylic more popular than gel? My partner and i are moving towards opening a spa one day together so would i be better of doing bio sculpture?

Thank you and hope to hear from someone soon

A very confused but optimistic
Heidi

Heidi,

Not been on the site for a while so only just spotted your question.

Although I am in Australia I fear you may find the same thing I have - Creative products are VERY expensive out here, not cheap in the UK (hey, you get what you pay for) but with the additional shipping costs for Aus and exchange rate allowances it's still costs much more here than it did in the UK - and the cost of nail services in AUS dollars is the same as you would pay in pounds - so when you consider current exchange rate is $1 to about £2.50, and the product is more expensive then the profit margins are seriously reduced........

Anyway, not sure about NZ but Creative stuff IS shipped here. Not seen EZ Flow at all, ANYWHERE. I know of salons using Young Nails so that is obviously available here but I don't know at what cost, I've also seen Bio Sculpture window stickers but probably only 2 in the 8 months I've been here. In the distibutors I use there are other brands for nail enhancement products but I couldn't tell you the name, similar type thing to Salon System though from the packing. Brands of Acetone etc. I have gotten here are Nail Beauty and Nail Mischief, but haven't looked to see if they do L&P or Gel as I stick to my Creative stuff despite the cost.

If you know anyone in NZ I'd suggest you ask them to have a look or check out salons on the web and email to ask what they use, or look at the different nail distributors/trainers and see/ask who has distributors in NZ; Samantha (Mrs Geek) sent me the name of the main creative distributors in Aus before I came out here so I knew it was available.

If NZ is anything like here then nails are HUGE, I have never seen so many people with nail enhancements - and they are really into the funky stuff - glitter tips and nail art. There is definetely a market for it here, much more than I ever saw in the UK.

HTH,

Bryony

Hi there!

My partner and i are emmigrating to Auckland, New Zealand ina few years. I am a make-up artist looking to do a course in nails-what is the best recognised brand out there? Ez flow or Creative? Is acrylic more popular than gel? My partner and i are moving towards opening a spa one day together so would i be better of doing bio sculpture?

Thank you and hope to hear from someone soon

A very confused but optimistic
Heidi
Ok so I'm a little slow in seeing things :lol:
Both EzFlow and CND are used down here.
Acrylic is the more popular but if you have trained in both then you have a wider range of options available for the client.
If you work safely and follow your training then exposure and smell shouldnt be a problem, you could always have a seperate room set up away from the main part of the spa for nails so that the smell doesnt affect the other patrons. HTH

Latest posts

Back