Any reason for colour Calgel to discolour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirstyl88

Reaction score
Did a set of gels in no:14 calgel on thurs and have just been told they have discoloured. From what I can see there are some black marks around the cuticle sides. So what things could cause colour calgel to discolour so soon?

Its more than likely to be something she has had her hands in.The gel is a porous gel so will pick up colour from other things.I remember someone having discoloured nails from putting their hands in and out of the pockets of a pair of new jeans.
Did you top coat as it maybe it will come off with removal of top coat and a little buff.
Also if you haven't removed the dispersion layer properly from all around the edges that can discolour but it usually goes brown.

I put on the high gloss top coat and removed the layer with calguard. Perhaps like you say, I didn't remove from the edges well enough. I'll try put a picture up, it's more purple and she is saying it seems to be lifting.

I use calgel.. On the pink tinted colours or French I always use the Calcrystal top coat instead of the high gloss..x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I always find no 14 fades even when clients follow aftercare. I always try steer clients away from the pinks if going in the sun. Not the answer I know but something about the pinks that always discolour in the sun

I use Calgel and I had no.14 on when I went on holiday. I've never had any problem with it discolouring but I had the iz gel touch and go over it. I don't know if that would make a difference with the colouring if it would protect it somehow? Xx

I always find no 14 fades even when clients follow aftercare. I always try steer clients away from the pinks if going in the sun. Not the answer I know but something about the pinks that always discolour in the sun

Regardless of system (Calgel, CND, Bio Sculpture, Pink polishes...) All pinks are an unstable cover & will fade in intense heat.... Just saying so you know for future but its something that happens across the board regardless..

Latest posts

Back