Any suggestions for promotional material to put in a Goody Bag?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebee

Reaction score
I am lucky enough to have been asked to participate in a promotional evening for the launch of a new beauty magazine. I am going to be doing free threading for the guests.

I have to provide promotional material to put in the goody bags. I've obviously thought about leaflets etc but am not sure how effective they are.

Does anyone have any ideas for something that won't just be glanced at then binned? I thought about putting in some eve taylor samples or something but it doesn't really tie in with what I do. (Lash Extensions, Threading and [from tomorrow - woop woop] semi permanent mascara.

I thought about putting in a bit of thread and a few loose lashes with the offer to "Do it Yourself" or, alternatively, book with me etc etc.... But think it a bit amateurish.

Any suggestions....... It's such a great opportunity and I want to make the most of it.
x

I thought about putting in a bit of thread and a few loose lashes with the offer to "Do it Yourself" or, alternatively, book with me etc etc.... But think it a bit amateurish.

I think that's quite funny actually and would certainly make me smile.

However, my list would include the following - enough to make an impression but not so much it really costs you:

Price list
Business card
Some sort of referral scheme such as sixth treatment free or other
Nail file (fairly cheap)
Small item of makeup - cheapish quality, just a token really, such as lip gloss or nail varnish.

Thanks for that.

I should also have added I need to have enough stuff for 400 bags so it has to be cheap (I'm already paying for design and printing) I realise I need to pay out to maximise the opportunity but realisitically my budget is tiny (or non existent):eek:

I want designer impact on Primark prices! LOL

400?! wowee! that's a whole lotta stuff to provide with not alot of money! giving away product samples will sure add up if it's to provide that many bags :\

all i can think of that hasn't been mentioned already (eg. leaflets, business cards) are
mini chocolate

set of eye patches (the kind you have under eyes, the collagen kind kwim?) i've given these to clients before if they've mentioned they have been stressed out and just bogged down with home life etc during their treatment for when i've gone and they've always said they were great (though that could just be because they were lay down for 10minutes or so relaxing... but if it gives a client a boost then whatever it is is worth it :) it's never a bad thing that i'm associated with that pick me up boost either :D) - def get in touch with your supplier because if you are ordering 400 i'd guess they could give you some kind of bulk buy discount.

ooh what about an intro offer for the semi perm mascara? as i'm guessing like most treatments you'll be wanting to get some practise in and get your timing up etc before you start charging full price? as it's not that popular right now you might be lucky and get alot of recommendations coming your way when those who have the treatment done let all their friends know about this amazing new treatment that means you don't have to wear mascara before lots and lots of salons start offering it kwim?)

i wouldn't put in anything that i didn't offer... why should i pay to promote somebody elses treatments? eg. facials, i'm assuming the samples aren't free so why put them in your bag so that the person getting the goodie bag can use the sample, like it then look for a therapist who offers facials (and probally everything else too!) all at your expense?

i honestly can't think of anything else. don't forget to put on some bring it back kind of clause on your leaflets etc. if they have offers on so that you can see if the promo event was worthwhile for you so you'll know for future reference :)

i wish you lots and lots of luck and my fingers are crossed for you that you come back with 400 new clients ready to book in with you! :D have lots of fun and don't forget even if you are about dead on your feet keep on smiling! :D you'll do fab i'm sure!x

Last edited:
How about magnetic business cards? I always stick any that I receive on the fridge door. Vista print have them for around 10p each in large quantities.

Latest posts

Back