Any tips on how to speed up will be GREATLY appreciated!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If's its a new to you client I would always use cuticle away the first time then if she comes back religiously every 2 weeks then do a dry pep.
As long as you neutralise the cuticle away it will be fine.
With your client who has excessive growth then use cuticle away too.
HTH
Jen xxx
I've never used cuticle away can you use alcohol or scrub fresh to remove it before doing Shellac instead of soapy water. I also take over an hour to do Shellac.:eek:

I've never used cuticle away can you use alcohol or scrub fresh to remove it before doing Shellac instead of soapy water. I also take over an hour to do Shellac.:eek:
No hun you have to neutralise the active ingredients in cuticle away with either water on its own or 1 part scentsations hand wash mixed with 100 part water.
Cuticle away will leave a film on the natural nail if not removed in this way, which will impeed adherance of the shellac or enhancements that you apply
jen xxx

Slightly changing the subject and probably dense question alert but, do you pre warn your clients what payment methods you accept? Just thinking in case she comes assuming she can pay by card perhaps and I can't do that, should I call/text to inform her I'm cash only before she comes or just wait and see when she gets here??

Slightly changing the subject and probably dense question alert but, do you pre warn your clients what payment methods you accept? Just thinking in case she comes assuming she can pay by card perhaps and I can't do that, should I call/text to inform her I'm cash only before she comes or just wait and see when she gets here??

I work from Home now and have done for the past two years and not one client has ever tried to pay with a card.

Some don't have cash, so I tell them I can accept a cheque.

I would actually give her a quick ring and ask her if she'd like her toes done, I'm sure she'd be delighted and then while you're at it, you can mention that you don't have the facility to accept credit cards. :)

I would actually give her a quick ring and ask her if she'd like her toes done, I'm sure she'd be delighted and then while you're at it, you can mention that you don't have the facility to accept credit cards. :)

That what I was thinking to do, asking if she wants her toes done almost feels less rude that just phoning to say bring your cash! Lol!! I have it on my website that I'm cash only but not sure if she read that or not. Must remember to tell people from now on :rolleyes:

That what I was thinking to do, asking if she wants her toes done almost feels less rude that just phoning to say bring your cash! Lol!! I have it on my website that I'm cash only but not sure if she read that or not. Must remember to tell people from now on :rolleyes:
If you are insured through the guild you get a fab rate from chip and pin for card machines, I have just sent my forms back, most competative rate I found and thats even better than my business bank account holders were offering me.
Jen xx

If you are insured through the guild you get a fab rate from chip and pin for card machines, I have just sent my forms back, most competative rate I found and thats even better than my business bank account holders were offering me.
Jen xx

Can you PM me details please? xx

No hun you have to neutralise the active ingredients in cuticle away with either water on its own or 1 part scentsations hand wash mixed with 100 part water.
Cuticle away will leave a film on the natural nail if not removed in this way, which will impeed adherance of the shellac or enhancements that you apply
jen xxx
Thanks, I'll do that when I try the cuticle away . Coluld use some help with my sensitive clients whos cuticles are thin and hard to push back. so :biggrin:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back