Anybody know what these gels are like

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traceykate

Reaction score
has anybody ever tried gels going by the name of Nail perfection, star nails, Fraulein3 8, Kiss-Beauties, Nailcosmetic Zimmermann, Beautify, Eco soak off by BEAUTY-SALE, BLVD, Rio, Salon System, uv gels. I see them online quite a bit when i am doing a little research as i am learning i need to know the fakey gels from the good gels as i really do not want to put any low standard gels on anybody nails. Any help would be greatful.
Thank you chicks xx:confused:

has anybody ever tried gels going by the name of Nail perfection, star nails, Fraulein3 8, Kiss-Beauties, Nailcosmetic Zimmermann, Beautify, Eco soak off by BEAUTY-SALE, BLVD, Rio, Salon System, uv gels. I see them online quite a bit when i am doing a little research as i am learning i need to know the fakey gels from the good gels as i really do not want to put any low standard gels on anybody nails. Any help would be greatful.
Thank you chicks xx:confused:
If you want branded lines, then the Internet is not the place to find them is it? Contact the legitimate distributors of the products you are interested in; and they are all discussed here if you search around for the professional brands.

Hi Tracey Kate, if you put a search in at the top of the page, you will find lots of info on Branded reputable distributors. Although I don't do L&P or hard gels (yet!) I think all of them will require you to do a conversion course to purchase their products. This will give you indepth training regarding their complete system you have chosen and very importantly full support & troubleshooting should you require it. Best of luck :)

Hi Thank you very much for your help. As i am new to all this then all the different brands i know nothing about which are the best and which are not. Cheers xx:biggrin:

Hi Thank you very much for your help. As i am new to all this then all the different brands i know nothing about which are the best and which are not. Cheers xx:biggrin:

You will soon find out if you spend any time reading on this site! :biggrin:

I will sweets, keep looking. I just want to learn about it all so i can be the best nail tech that i can be, i m just so worried that i will have the knowledge but cannot produce the goods. I am having so much trouble with getting airpockets on the nail trainer hand :sad: but when i do my friends real nails i get no air pockets what so ever, i also want to know about the best gel to use too as i would like to be able to do a gel nail where i do not have to do too much filing down lumps and bumps and just be able to get the gel level so i dont have to file it so much. I am finding it hard to get the apex and the rest of the gel to a perfect level :grr: so any advice would be greatly appreciated. :biggrin:
Many thanks to you all. And i must say this site must have helped so many who work in the beauty industry, so hats off to the creator of this site. xxx :biggrin:

I will sweets, keep looking. I just want to learn about it all so i can be the best nail tech that i can be, i m just so worried that i will have the knowledge but cannot produce the goods. I am having so much trouble with getting airpockets on the nail trainer hand :sad: but when i do my friends real nails i get no air pockets what so ever, i also want to know about the best gel to use too as i would like to be able to do a gel nail where i do not have to do too much filing down lumps and bumps and just be able to get the gel level so i dont have to file it so much. I am finding it hard to get the apex and the rest of the gel to a perfect level :grr: so any advice would be greatly appreciated. :biggrin:
Many thanks to you all. And i must say this site must have helped so many who work in the beauty industry, so hats off to the creator of this site. xxx :biggrin:

Hats off to Samuel Sweet in that case. He created the nail geek years ago when he was fairly new to the industry himself. :hug:

When you look for your perfect hard gel product the LAST thing you want is a gel that self levels!! Nothing but trouble. What you want is a gel that stays where you put it and has a surface that smooths when cured for easier filing ....... Look at Brisa by CND. No painful heat spike .. Very quick prep routine .. Hypoallergenic .. Crystal clear (and stays that way month after month) light yet very resilient and strong. Utterly beautiful product.

I've tried many gels, some that i really liked but i have to say i have finally settled with brisa, i agree with geeg on this, no seperate gel for base layer, suitable for nno and sculpts. (some gels have different consistancys and strenghts, so builder for sculpts natural for nno). I used to have pots everywhere but since switching to Brisa one pot does the lot and i use shellac on the tips or full colour. Easy building apex without the heat spike as you would get when using a self leveling gel. (you cannot keep the height in something that smooths out before you need it to) You can work all five nails at one time without flash curing. I found brisa didn't shrink back much if any and rarely get any free edge seperation as i had in the passed so really does stay month after month. Files really really easy, so if your worried about removing them don't. Get the koala buffers and its a sinch once you removed the bulk with a 100 grt file. used to be my worry but not anymore.xx Many others will agree.xx:)

Ladies thank you for the info, as i said i love to learnthe right way and on here sure is that way and i have ordered the book nail structure and product chemistry by douglas schoon which i am told is a bible, so looking forward to getting that, when it decides to get here. As GiGi also advised just keep looking on here also.
The cnd brisa you have told me about, the one where its the same pot for all the layers is that correct ?? if so why do i see different ones saying builder layer, scultping layer, top layer, which one would it be that i need to buy when i am qualified ?.
Many thanks sweets x:biggrin:

You still need the brisa bond primer, and a top coat, Brisa is a consistancy that suit all, nno, sculpt or tip. (one Product) Some brands recommend variations of consistancys and if using one too thin for what you want it to do (like build) with a thin leveling consistancy, the client can get heat spike as well as still needing a primer and top coat. When you see with brisa say base layer, its still from the same pot of gel, Some companies would have a seperate bonder gel to use after the primer. hthsxx

Hi Traceykate

I'm new here too but you mentioned books !!! If you want a good book then can I suggest you look at "nail class" by gigi .... I got it cause I was having probs with blending tips and it's helped me no end .... It's brilliant !!!

Steph x

Hi Steph I will go look for that now thanks for the heads up.
Lots of good advice . Wish you the best in your nails.

Tracey x

I too use Brisa gels, but I can't say I don't have a heat spike because with some clients I do. I have the Brisa uv light and the New CND lamp. Some clients have experienced burning who have normal natural nails, and some who have thin nails also. I wish I could find a gel product that does not have a heat spike. I've heard the Young Nails Synergy gels don't, but I still love my Brisa. I'll endure a little pain for beauty!

I too use Brisa gels, but I can't say I don't have a heat spike because with some clients I do. I have the Brisa uv light and the New CND lamp. Some clients have experienced burning who have normal natural nails, and some who have thin nails also. I wish I could find a gel product that does not have a heat spike. I've heard the Young Nails Synergy gels don't, but I still love my Brisa. I'll endure a little pain for beauty!

If you are getting a heat spike with Brisa, then you must be making the nails way thicker than perhaps you need to be doing. Using Brisa I have not had a client complain of a painful heat spike in YEARS!! Some clients can feel a little warmth (not the least bit uncomfortable) but painful-take-your hand-out-of-the-lamp type of burning? .... Never.

The fact is that every product gives off some heat when curing; it is called an exothermic reaction and to a greater or lesser degree they all have it.

I have had clients come to me for the first time for Brisa nails who approached the UV lamp as though they were putting their hand into the mouth of a tiger!! They have had so much pain from gels. They act like they can't believe it when they don't feel real pain!

Last edited:
i use synergy gel by YN and sometimes get a heat spike so it can happen with all gels. as geeg says maybe a bit too much gel used.
you could get a sample pack from a couple of top brand companies like CND, YN NSI and see which one you prefare.

i use synergy gel by YN and sometimes get a heat spike so it can happen with all gels. as geeg says maybe a bit too much gel used.
you could get a sample pack from a couple of top brand companies like CND, YN NSI and see which one you prefare.
I currently use YN Synergy and it is a good quality gel but one of my nails always spikes when using it and it kills!
I rang up asking YN another question and she was like, 'As you know, our gel doesn't create heat spikes' but it does on one of my nails for some reason.

YN is brilliant but I'm hoping to retrain with CND and do the CND Enhance course as I feel I need to perfect my skills (& learn L&P).

P.s. My clients I have done so far have never experienced spikes with YN, it is just me.

Hi Traceykate

I'm new here too but you mentioned books !!! If you want a good book then can I suggest you look at "nail class" by gigi .... I got it cause I was having probs with blending tips and it's helped me no end .... It's brilliant !!!

Steph x
I'm getting this book plus Doug Schoons for my birthday in June! Yey.

I tried to get a sample set from CND as Geeg advised but when I approached them the refused to send me any I wasn't looking for freebies at all, all I wanted to do was to see if I liked the gel and poss buy that one but I had no luck, the person I spoke to didn't really seem to be bothered in helping me, I explained I was new to all this and I want to be great at it I want to learn all there is to know how it works why and the where's etc but no joy.
I have just received the Douglas Schooner book which I will start reading, I am interested in it all not just doing the nails with no idea about the products.
I like to think I am an intelligent person and have done well in my previous fields of work and want the same for this one, so I will be asking questions prob lots lol, but hope I can get the help from you guys.
Many thanks for help up to now greatly appreciated.
:D

I tried to get a sample set from CND geeg advised but when I approached them the refused to send me any I wasn't looking for freebies at all I do not expect that but they would not sell me any samples, all I wanted to do was to see if I liked the gel and poss buy that one but I had no luck, the person I spoke to didn't really seem to be bothered in helping me, I explained I was new to all this and I want to be great at it I want to learn all there is to know how it works why and the where's etc but no joy.
I have just received the Douglas Schooner book which I will start reading, I am interested in it all not just doing the nails with no idea about the products.
I like to think I am an intelligent person and have done well in my previous fields of work and want the same for this one, so I will be asking questions prob lots lol, but hope I can get the help from you guys.

Today, 12:05 AM
I tried to get a sample set from CND geeg advised but when I approached them the refused to send me any I wasn't looking for freebies at all I do not expect that but they would not sell me any samples, all I wanted to do was to see if I liked the gel and poss buy that one but I had no luck, the person I spoke to didn't really seem to be bothered in helping me, I explained I was new to all this and I want to be great at it I want to learn all there is to know how it works why and the where's etc but no joy.
:D

Latest posts

Back