Anyone do Brisa custom Blending (Bolds specifically)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachFace

Reaction score
I would love to go on the custom colour blending course and plan to as soon as I can (I have had to return to my 'day job' after maternity leave and have a 1 year old and 2 and a half year old to look after with no family so difficult scheduling these things sometimes), but ive bought some opaque pink colours as the clear pink just doesnt seem to flatter my skintone at all (tho it looks lovely on my friends) and ive also bought the Bolds pack as i really want to do coloured NNOs especially for the winter and it seems to be what the girls i am practicing on for the moment would ideally like too. Ive seen the articles on colour theory and custom blending it up (tho this is more specifically for l&p) and search upon search through lots of historical Brisa posts but nothing that tells you how to apply so i have questions, sorry if they sound obvious.............

For a French using opaque nail bed colours would I need to do reverse scuplting so that i dont dull the white with the pink? Ive never done reverse so not sure if i need to do this or if its possible to do a set without pulling the pink over the white IYSWIM

For custom mixed colours using Bolds, would i sculpt using pink/clear to build apex etc, buff with 180grit and then layer colour on top? I tried this last night but didnt get a very good finish as it turned out a bit bumpy but wondered if i should have used a thinner layer of colour painted on more like polish? Or should i forget about building an apex and just do a thin NNO?

Also should i have a separate brush for bolds? I noticed it didnt clean off my brush easily like the white?

Are there any useful bits of information you wish youd been told wrt mixing of colours? I mixed some red into the white and added a bit of orange and have a colour now only on my thumb not dissimilar to Shellac tropix (but not as shiny lol). I just wondered if there wer some useful rules of thumb to avoid wastage when starting out?

Thx :green:

x

I would love to go on the custom colour blending course and plan to as soon as I can (I have had to return to my 'day job' after maternity leave and have a 1 year old and 2 and a half year old to look after with no family so difficult scheduling these things sometimes), but ive bought some opaque pink colours as the clear pink just doesnt seem to flatter my skintone at all (tho it looks lovely on my friends) and ive also bought the Bolds pack as i really want to do coloured NNOs especially for the winter and it seems to be what the girls i am practicing on for the moment would ideally like too. Ive seen the articles on colour theory and custom blending it up (tho this is more specifically for l&p) and search upon search through lots of historical Brisa posts but nothing that tells you how to apply so i have questions, sorry if they sound obvious.............

For a French using opaque nail bed colours would I need to do reverse scuplting so that i dont dull the white with the pink? Ive never done reverse so not sure if i need to do this or if its possible to do a set without pulling the pink over the white IYSWIM
I do it the traditional way and if you pull any over the white you only have to swipe it away quite easily with your brush. It all melds together when finshing. But you can do the reverse method if you wish. When doing the reverse method you oftenhave to fill in the small 'ditch' between the two colours with clear .. I fell it is an extra step you do not have to tkae if youuse the traditional method.

For custom mixed colours using Bolds, would i sculpt using pink/clear to build apex etc, buff with 180grit and then layer colour on top? I tried this last night but didnt get a very good finish as it turned out a bit bumpy but wondered if i should have used a thinner layer of colour painted on more like polish? Or should i forget about building an apex and just do a thin NNO?
Normally you would do the nails as normal, and then finish until smooth and even with a 180 grit file and then paint on your mixed colour as if youwere using polish. This way the colour goes on lovely land smooth and you only need to add your finishing gloss to finish.

Also should i have a separate brush for bolds? I noticed it didnt clean off my brush easily like the white? Yes it is better to have an individual brush for your colours.

Are there any useful bits of information you wish youd been told wrt mixing of colours? I mixed some red into the white and added a bit of orange and have a colour now only on my thumb not dissimilar to Shellac tropix (but not as shiny lol). I just wondered if there wer some useful rules of thumb to avoid wastage when starting out? It of course helps enormously to know a bit about colour theory then you know what to add to waht to get the end colour you want. Once you acheive it you write the recipe down so you can duplicate it. You could also use Shellac or frankly any coloured gel for the desired effect. bUT IS IT FUN TO MIX YOUR OWN COLOURS and you need to realize is does not take allot of product to cover all 10 nails.

Thx :green:

x

Hope this helps .. your class will explain. Wee Fee in Scotland is briliant at it but it does take time to build up a repertoir of colours like anything.

Just click on 'settings' at the top of the page and it will list all the posts you have replied to or posted yourself ... first thing I do every day!! lol

Latest posts

Back