Anyone feel like I do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babychops

Reaction score
I just want to see if there is anybody that feels the way I do? It's been getting me down lately :-( I love being a mobile hairdresser and going into people's houses but I can't work in a salon. I done a trial day in a salon yesterday and was filled with dred. I couldn't do it! I'm just quite happy to be a mobile hairdresser forever lol Iv worked in salons for years before and never had a problem x

If that's what you like to do and that's what you enjoy doing, why not! I'm a mobile beauty therapist and I love it :)

I've not worked in a salon environment but, if I'm honest, I don't think I'd really want to, I like the variation that comes with being mobile :) xx

Iv worked in salons all different sizes employed and self employed im home salon now and love it so much less drama and stress :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

I love working in a salon now.. when i was mobile it was ok not bad but always have 2 carry everything and sometime i used 2 forget things :( which is annoying and now in the salon its much better much and much easier...

xxx

I know how u feel hun I've gotta go back in a salon for the first time in 5 years by sept as in doin my nvq3 and need a placement, I'm the same as u I love bein mobile hairdresser just feel like I'll be majorly judged when I'm around stylists again :( xx

What was the salon like and how come you've decided to trial it?
I've worked in salons all my career and have worked in 6 different ones. I've always felt unsure every time I've started at a new one. At 2 of the 6 I felt totally out of place and didn't like the people I worked with. But I think it makes a huge difference if you work with a good, friendly team. And it's very daunting getting to know new and different clients. But I love working in a salon, although I've never done mobile so can't compare!!
If you're happy staying mobile then stick with it. But if you decide to work in a salon, give it some time and I'm sure you'll soon find your feet!

I personally don't like doing mobile , it's interesting to see how others like to work :) I love the buzz And the atmosphere of a working salon, i do do some mobile but wouldn't change full time . Stick wi what you love :) x

The salon I done a day trial in was fine. The boss was really lovely. But it just wasn't for me. I felt trapped stuck in the same building all day. Didn't like it xx

The salon I done a day trial in was fine. The boss was really lovely. But it just wasn't for me. I felt trapped stuck in the same building all day. Didn't like it xx

Stay mobile sweetie! Xx

I was really happy before I went to the salon, now I feel really depressed and have let everyone down! Why can't things just be easy! Lol x

Hi ya why do you feel like you let people down . you tried it in the salon and didnt like it.
Nothing wrong with that x:lol:
Stay happy being mobilex

I was really happy before I went to the salon, now I feel really depressed and have let everyone down! Why can't things just be easy! Lol x
Why do you feel you have let everyone down ?, Were trying out a salon for other people.

Did u tell your old clients that you were going to start working in a salon or just went for a trial really?

I guess working mobile is good cos you don't have a boss to annoy lol but I'm loving working in a salon now hehe. Xxx

At different moments in our lives we go through different things and right now working in a salon is not for you. Life is too short. Do what makes you happy.

Did u tell your old clients that you were going to start working in a salon or just went for a trial really?

I guess working mobile is good cos you don't have a boss to annoy lol but I'm loving working in a salon now hehe. Xxx

I only went for a trial. I didn't tell my clients as I was only gonna be working for 1 day a week there. I was just upset with myself as I thought my anxiety and panic attacks were gone but when I went to the salon it all came back x

I've been hairdressing for 10 yrs out of salon for 2 yrs and do clients @ home for cashies! I love it !! I miss the salon hustle but love the fact that that there is no bitchiness and judging, my clients come to me for me not for the salon reputation. No one books me out I can do what I like when I like. I use what products I like and charge what I want. My old salon got to the point where you charged extra if you knew the person was financially well off to make more money which I knew was wrong. I am happy. I am also a stand In at the salon I get my hair done if someone is sick or I'm hols but they rarely call. This way I get the best of both worlds!

I just want to see if there is anybody that feels the way I do? It's been getting me down lately :-( I love being a mobile hairdresser and going into people's houses but I can't work in a salon. I done a trial day in a salon yesterday and was filled with dred. I couldn't do it! I'm just quite happy to be a mobile hairdresser forever lol Iv worked in salons for years before and never had a problem x

I don't quite understand hun. :confused:
If you love being a mobile hairdresser, why have you just done a days trial in a salon which you hate.
Just stick to being mobile, then you'll be and stay happy. xx

:wink2:

I like that its much more relaxed being a mobile hairdresser. In the salon you've got time slots and got alot of pressure. You barley get a lunch break and by the end of it you haven't earned alot of money. I hate being told what to do and how to do it! Lol x

Im the opposite I LOVE working in a salon I know some salons are better than others but I dred the idea of being mobile lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Sounds like u should stick to mobile Hun x was this the uni salon?

Latest posts

Back