Anyone from South Wales?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another one from Cardiff here, though originally from Carmarthen way! Any fellow Welsh-speakers also? :D

Hi everyone,I'm new here today and just spotted all you welshies:green: I'm from Swansea,it's great to see a few others from my area:)

Hi Craig, In Splott :eek: (don't laugh) how about you?
Sarah
I used to drink in Splott, lived in newport road, just off partridge road.

oh and lived in 2 flats in claude road. Used to go to the kebab shop there, and pub around the corner from it.

@hippy-chick... you did all that and survived? He he! Splott's not so bad really! Where did you go for a drink? Lots of the pubs here have closed in recent years. Bad times :(

@craigkeane... :O you're asking a lady her age? He he! I haven't always lived in Cardiff, I grew up in Ammanford which is in Carmarthenshire. Been here for nearly 4 years now though! I know Tremorfa! We probably shop at the same Tesco! ;)

Oh and I'm mid twenties! :)

I'm from Newport :)

@hippy-chick... you did all that and survived? He he! Splott's not so bad really! Where did you go for a drink? Lots of the pubs here have closed in recent years. Bad times :(
I have no idea what the pub was called in Splott.

I did like the Claude, and there was a pub that had bands on in City Road that had memorobilia over the walls.

I worked some nights in the Borough in the City Centre and also a nightclub opposite the theatre but apparently it burnt down. My memory is starting to fade of those fun times.

Oh and I loved the Kiwi bar and Philharmonic and Taurus steak house when it was next to the Philly).

Ah yeah the Claude is a great pub. I know which pub you're on about on City road too, though the name evades me now. Cardiff's SWN festival use it as a venue for some bands.

Hang on... Taurus used to be next to the Philly?? Ha, whatever next! :)

Ah yeah the Claude is a great pub. I know which pub you're on about on City road too, though the name evades me now. Cardiff's SWN festival use it as a venue for some bands.

Hang on... Taurus used to be next to the Philly?? Ha, whatever next! :)
ask your parents! lol! used to be a real spit and sawdust place.
and I've just googled for the name of the pub in City Road, PC's or Poets Corner.

look at this: Cardiff Pubs : Search for pubs

ask your parents! lol! used to be a real spit and sawdust place.
and I've just googled for the name of the pub in City Road, PC's or Poets Corner.

look at this: Cardiff Pubs : Search for pubs

Ah I didn't grow up in Cardiff and neither did my parents so they'd be none the wiser!

Ah Poet's Corner! Different pub I was thinking of. That's a good one though! One of the last bastions of free houses among a city if Brains!

Ooh I'm even more excited for me little holiday now! I'm from Nottingham but heading to Tenby next week.

I used to go every year as a kid, as well as the surrounding places lie saundersfoot & amroth, I'm sure there's one called step-a-something?

Anyway Tenby beach is beautiful!

Anyone know where to get a good massage n manicure there?? x

Hi to everyone, I am from Swansea.

Ooh I'm even more excited for me little holiday now! I'm from Nottingham but heading to Tenby next week.

I used to go every year as a kid, as well as the surrounding places lie saundersfoot & amroth, I'm sure there's one called step-a-something?

Anyway Tenby beach is beautiful!

Anyone know where to get a good massage n manicure there?? x

Only just seen this! Im in Saundersfoot...Mobile at the mo but looking to open a salon in the village so keep your eyes open!!!

Stepaside is the place your thinking of! Hope u have a fab time in Tenby!!!!xx

im in swansea :)

I am posting this in here on the off chance that a geek from Swansea maybe interested.

Clydach, Swansea, Room To Rent
I just aquired a hair salon in the Clydach area of Swansea with excellent parking facilities, I now have to renovate it to a really high standard which will take around 6 - 8 weeks, so there is an opportunity for someone to rent a room off myself and if you reply before we start the renovation in the next 7 - 14 days, you will have your say on how you would like it to be designed, eg the number of required chrome electric sockets and where you want them to be situated, where you would like a sink and so on.

The room will be £ 25 a week as I beleive in helping people out, this will be reviewed in 6 months and if rent can be incresed to £ 50 a week it will but if you genuinely can't afford anymore then it will stay at £ 25 and reviewed in another 6 months time and you have my word on that. We will have to come to a price for water and electric that we both think is a fair one.

The size of the room is roughly 12 feet x 10.

I will be doing a massive leaflet drop of between 5,000 and 10,000 leaflets in the huge surrounding areas with the help of family and close friends 2 - 4 weeks before the salon opens and I would expect you to get involved in that and I am prepared to mention you on the flyer at a very small charge eg £ 50.

My website will be going live in a couple of weeks time and I am prepared to give you you own page for a small charge of £ 5.00 a month, that's if you want to.

Just for the record I want you to feel part of my team and not by yourself.

I have worked in a number of salons where the atmosphere is not a nice place to work in and I can guarentee you this, if any member of the team cannot say something in a nice way with a smile on their face, they better not say anything at all, as I won't put up with any backstabbing or bitchyness in my salon, it will always be a nice friendly relaxed atmoshphere for staff and clients and to me this is vitally important.

If you are interested or you know of someone that maybe interested please get in touch via PM. Thank You

PS I do have a brand new massage table you could have, it's never been used.

Hiya,

I grew up in St.Mellons in Cardiff, moved to Chester when i was 14 though :sad:

xxx

Latest posts

Back