Anyone had an epidural?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time I chose not to have an epidural and 2nd time around it all happened so fast their wasnt time.

So I cant give advice on what's involved, the only thing I can say is go with what your body tells you when your contractions are in full swing.

Good luck for tomorrow hun and try and get some rest tonight.

Geekie hugs Ria

My Mum had one when she has my sister. She had to go to the loo but no-one would help her (nhs!) she didn't want to wet herself so decided to go on her own, she took two steps and fell on her face!

My Mum had one when she has my sister. She had to go to the loo but no-one would help her (nhs!) she didn't want to wet herself so decided to go on her own, she took two steps and fell on her face!

They should have given her a catheter (sp), they usually do.......by the way Caz, you don't feel that bit.

i had epidural for both of my children - both natural birth.....

i cant decide if its a good or bad thing to have cos although it did ease the pain dramactically.. its also delayed the actual labour big time..!! from the first contraction to when my babies came out of me... i was in labour for about 30 hours for each child....

Just wanted to say good luck for tmoz hun!! Will be thinking of ya and cant wait to see some pics of your 2 new bundles of joy!! :Love: :Love: xxxx

Good luck for tomorrow hun!!!! xxxx

good luck for 2mrw - take it your having twins - double the fun!xxx:Love:

I had one for my son but it didn't make a diff until they decided to give me and emergency c-section. I was in labor for 72 hrs 24 of which were with an epidural and it all hurt the same.

Good luck. :Love:

I had one with my 1st baby after swearing i wouldnt have one-i even wrote it in my birth plan(not that anyone reads them) but when the time came i really didn't care,couldn't have peth because jake had done a poo and wasn't moving, i only had the epidural about an hr before giving birth if that so it didn't take effect immediately-but it really really helped!!!And i even stopped swearing at the anaesthetist when it started working,poor man!
So i would say definitely don't b scared and if u feel u need it then take it with both hands!!!!None of us should have to go through more pain than necessary when there are ways of helping!
Hope it goes well with u tomorrow and can't wait to see those ikkle fingers and toes!:hug:xxxx

wishing you all the best for tomorrow hun, and do whats right for you..if you want every drug going do it...its your labour :hug:

wishing you all the best for tomorrow hun, and do whats right for you..if you want every drug going do it...its your labour :hug:

Awww thanks Jo... I'm not feeling too good tonight, scared and nervous.. and getting irritated with people talking about baby clothes etc etc... I don't want to hear it all... reminds me I've got to give birth tomorrow.

Hubby kissed me on the head though and said 'big day for wife tomorrow' - he's marginally redeemed himself from taking the piss last night!!

Good Luck ... remember your breathing, it helps.

I had epidurals with both of my children and I wouldn't do it any other way! I say it took the pain from a 9 to a 3!!! I think the worst part of it was trying to get the needle in the right spot between contactions.

Thinking of you!!!:hug:

good luck tomorrow caroline!!
i had an epidural with my third child, as baby was in distres so they decided to do a c section, had epidural fitted legs went numb, ( i wondered what my legs were in the bed with me !!!lol), twenty minutes later i delivered a daughter naturally as midwife came in to get me off to theatre!!!! phew!!! no c section in the end!!!, but i did have probs afterwards with the spinal fluid leaking in and out, caused me a lot of pain, then, cant remember how much cos its a long time ago!!!
what ever you choose have a good birthing day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck for tomorrow:hug:

Good luck for tomorrow.....and breathe xxx

We await further news.

GOOD LUCK CAROLINE FOR TOMORROW, WE WILL ALL BE THINKING OF YOU, HUBBY, CADENCE AND YOUR NEW ICKLE BOYS.

LOTS OF LOVE HUNNY
:hug::hug:

Wishing you the very best of luck :hug: :hug:

Good luck for today!! Hope all goes well! x

Good luck , hope all goes well, i just had gas & air with my daughter and was only in labour for 5 hours, my SIL had an epidural with both of hers and she was in labour for over 72 hours.

Latest posts

Back