Anyone having problems with The Edge System

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shezybabes

Reaction score
I have emailed the Edge and I have been told I am the only complaint she has received, can anyone who uses the system and has lifting problems and the product is breaking down within 1 week email [email protected] to let her know we are all having the same issues. We need to make them aware of this. Thanks

Which system are you using from The Edge?

We're having a disaster with the Edge products but to be fair my BT doesn't do many nails so we are not sure if it is to do with that or if its the products. but we've had nails pinging off and everything not sure whats casuing it. x

I have emailed the Edge and I have been told I am the only complaint she has received, can anyone who uses the system and has lifting problems and the product is breaking down within 1 week email [email protected] to let her know we are all having the same issues. We need to make them aware of this. Thanks

I have personally never had a problem with any of the edge's systems x
Posted via Mobile Device

That's funny - they told me the exact same "nobody else has ever had any problems". Every set of L&P I did ended up with lifting or pinging off and I made sure I did extra thorough prep, super carefull application and did everything to the book. I kept persevering, thinking it was maybe something I was doing. After I opened a new batch of products, every client that week appeared back and they looked awful. I was so embarrassed and contacted The Edge immediately, only to be told nobody else ever has a problem. They asked for a batch no from the products, but when I looked there wasn't one. Enough was enough and that afternoon I arranged to start with a different system an hbe never looked back - no lifting/yellowing/pinging off/cracking etc.

That was meant to say HAVE never looked back!! Apologies - it's early morning and I'm not quite awake yet! X

Funny that they told me exactly the same thing (no-one has ever had a compaint/problem) and that I had to give them a batch code. I have changed to CND and will see how I get on. The acrylic is terrible, I use the new Edge soak off gel and have had no problems with that and have had shocking pink on my nails for 1 week so far with no problems, but the other uv gel is also lifting etc. I feel it gets you down and have thought about giving up doing nails but I am glad to see it is not just me.

My tutor told me when we went to the Beauty Show in Birmingham to stay away from "The Edge" as she really didn't rate their products. I don't know why, as she never went into great detail and I've never used them so can't comment. I know she's a big NSI fan, but i'm definitely going to be using CND products when I qualify in a few weeks. I'm booking myself along with a friend from college onto a CND conversion course :D which I can't wait to do.

I have the file off gel from the edge and I get better nails from them (with no lifting) than I do with IBD soak off. I guess paying more money doesnt mean a longer lasting product after all.

I use the edge products for gel nails and I don't have any problems. I was using a white gel by salon system I think and now I use the edge white its really good. I have been using clear gel from the edge for years. I do think its wrong of them to say they not getting complaints though when they clearly are.

Well I think each to their own. My tutor uses NSI and I tried one of their files and for the life of me, I can't get on with it. It feels so bulky, heavy and uncomfortable and just can't get to grips with it (literally).

I think what suits one person, won't necessarily suit another. You must go with what suits you best. xx

My friend is using the Edge system and I am really impressed with her results to be honest - only problem she is having is the lifting around the edges.

Well I think each to their own. My tutor uses NSI and I tried one of their files and for the life of me, I can't get on with it. It feels so bulky, heavy and uncomfortable and just can't get to grips with it (literally).

I think what suits one person, won't necessarily suit another. You must go with what suits you best. xx

Now thats strange because although I use the edge gel I love NSI files. Like you say its just what suits the individual. I dare say I will try other systems in the future.

My friend is using the Edge system and I am really impressed with her results to be honest - only problem she is having is the lifting around the edges.

Do tell me please how lifting around the edges impresses you? I'd really love to know.

That's funny - they told me the exact same "nobody else has ever had any problems". Every set of L&P I did ended up with lifting or pinging off and I made sure I did extra thorough prep, super carefull application and did everything to the book. I kept persevering, thinking it was maybe something I was doing. After I opened a new batch of products, every client that week appeared back and they looked awful. I was so embarrassed and contacted The Edge immediately, only to be told nobody else ever has a problem. They asked for a batch no from the products, but when I looked there wasn't one. Enough was enough and that afternoon I arranged to start with a different system an hbe never looked back - no lifting/yellowing/pinging off/cracking etc.

By European law, every cosmetic product (which includes nail products) must have a batch number. This can also be called a Lot or SKU number. Basically it allows the manufacturer to trace a product to when it was made and if there was a fault in the process to identify and rectify this.

I don't know if The Edge products have this or not - but I can tell you that there are products in the market that not only doesn't have a batch number, they also doesn't have :

• the ingredients
  • weight
  • country of manufacture
  • warning notices or symbols
  • manufacturers name, address and contact information
Also, under EC law the information must be in the language of the country where sold - again some manufacturers totally flout this and only have English. The MSDS must also be in the same language.

I strongly encourage everyone to check their products and see if they comply legally. If they don't it tells volumes about the manufacturer, the quality of their products and their professionalism.

Do tell me please how lifting around the edges impresses you? I'd really love to know.
I am sorry to be mean,but I nearly fell off my chair laughing at this.

I'm assuming she means that the initial results are good but then the lifting occurs! :idea:

If she really IS impressed with the lifting, then she would have been mega impressed with the set of nails I did on my friend two weeks ago, she had SEVERE lifting in ALL of her nails within 24 hours. I was sooooooo disappointed in myself as obviously, i'd really messed up big time for that to happen. It had never happened to me before so I was gutted. My tutor said that she didn't think the tips I was using (Star Nails ~ French Perfection) didn't help, but not sure if she was just trying to make me feel better, as she really does hate the French Tips, lol.

I'm assuming she means that the initial results are good but then the lifting occurs! :idea:

If that is the case then the initial results weren't good and the final results were a disaster! That performance does not impress anyone.

Just tried The Edge soak off on natural nails after having major problems with another brand and found it fab

The only system I use from The Edge is the tip and dip system. I got it mainly to try out as a couple of people liked the strength of l&p but hated the smell. So far I noticed that if you use the nail fresh from the Edge in your prep then there is some lifting but I switched to CND scrubfresh and so far so good. Not really impressed with the rest of the stuff from the edge..their files which are supposed to be prof standard are knackered after 3 people and their prep stuff needs a lot to be desired.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back