Anyone heard of beauty lab??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THERAPY

Reaction score
Hi there geeks, just had a rep on the phone from Beauty lab, she compared themselves to Dermalogica and is sending out some samples, just wondered if anyone has used their products or heard of them xx

Afraid not

Can't wait to hear what you think of the samples

I will let you know what they're like hun, she assured me I'd like them xx

Hi there I've received my samples today and they are really nice, Beauty Lab appeared on 10 years younger and apparently they're going to be 2008's best seller. The opening order is £395, just thought I'd let you all know. xxx BeautyLab - welcome!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info hun! I will get some samples, Im still looking for a product & haven't heard of them, thanks x

:hug:
Thanks for the info hun! I will get some samples, Im still looking for a product & haven't heard of them, thanks x
Picked up some samples at the trade show in Birmingham - really liked them. Had a spray tan too it has peptides in - absolutely fantastic definitly worth buying
should be good for summer business
lodilo x

Hiya Geeks,

I have just placed my first order of peptides tanning £40 for a litre WOW, i offer IPl hair removal and skin rejuvenation. client are not allowed to use tanning products while they are IPL course of treatments..these products are compatible with IPL:) This will be great for me and clients.

I will keep you posted
If any of you have had a tan or used these products..please share your thoughts and experiences.

Jenny x

Hi geeks,

Just wanted to share my experiences with my new tan solution that arrived this morning.

I ordered the new peptide tanning, beauty Lab..I self applied spray tan at home at 8pm this eve. so far so good.

I am trialing this at home before i sell to clients

It went on with no probs:hug:

The other good thing about it is..it has a colour liquid that shows on the skin, you look like you have had a few sessions around the pool.(what i think is nice.. after a couple of hrs of feeling sticky(normal feeling).. after a couple of hrs you feel ready for a night out. All tanned up and no place to go.

I have no idea what it will look like in the morning..

I will keep you posted

Jen x

Hi Geeks,

It's a few days now since i did my beauty lab tan, I have to say it's fantasic. My skin feels softer than normal, the colour is great and is still as strong in colour as the first day. It's a very natural tan. What i liked about is that it has a colour when you first apply it, so working on hands and feet seem to be better, you can see what you are doing.

I've just come back from Vegas, clients think that it's my natural suntan.

Jenny x

I had the BeautyLab rep out to my home last week and absolutely loved the products so even though I can find very little info about these guys or recommendations about them on the web, I have decided to take a gamble and place my opening order. The head office seem so friendly, the products have a lovely smell and great consistency and I love the ethos behind the company - they have no parabens in, use peptide technology and seem very forward thinking. Am looking forward to my products arriving and working with a newly launched product range...

Will keep you posted.

Forgive my dragging up this old thread but I've just heard about this "Peptide tanning" product.

BeautyLab's web page about it:

Peptide tanning

has wording in it that under MHRA guidelines would classify this as a drug. Any product that, "works just like the sun on the melanocortin receptors to induce eumelanin (brown melanin) formation." is a drug. If this product is not labeled as a drug then Beauty Lab's sales of it are illegal.
I would advise caution with this product. If it does what their marketing for it says it does (which to be honest is highly doubtful itself) it could have side effects much like the melanotan peptides have. As well I would strongly advise that until this type of claim is clarified (legally established) salons / beauticians not offer this product or any other product claiming to do what this product is claiming to do.

-Scott
Melanotan.org Admin

After praising them up back in June, i'm sad to say they have not done much to impress me.

A fe people in the industry are compalining about the products
tan congealing
tan leaking form the salon pump

not sure if they have changed management, but alot of clinics are not getting what they need

dont know much about what was mentioned in previous message, i would consider a no no until proven legal

there are great products, su-do are great for tans, also many geeks could recommend fab products tried and tested

jenx

hi geeks, my experience with beautylab is very different - my clients love the products especially the anti-ageing and the eye cream is just fab. just put another order in and got loads of freebies, my rep is brill - really knows her stuff, did find the lady up north wasnt too helpful but the good news she is no longer distributing the products it is now beautylab themselves who are handling everything so you are dealing with the experts:) i did ask about the peptide that is used in their tanning product, the peptide that they use has been approved in the US and europe for use in topical tanning products it is the injections and pills that all the bad news is about, beautylab peptide tan has got to be one of the best tans around (believe me I've tried them all) you can see why the press have gone mad recommending it .... so geeks - get tanning:lol:

hi geeks, my experience with beautylab is very different - my clients love the products especially the anti-ageing and the eye cream is just fab. just put another order in and got loads of freebies, my rep is brill - really knows her stuff, did find the lady up north wasnt too helpful but the good news she is no longer distributing the products it is now beautylab themselves who are handling everything so you are dealing with the experts:) i did ask about the peptide that is used in their tanning product, the peptide that they use has been approved in the US and europe for use in topical tanning products it is the injections and pills that all the bad news is about, beautylab peptide tan has got to be one of the best tans around (believe me I've tried them all) you can see why the press have gone mad recommending it .... so geeks - get tanning:lol:

Please contact them again and ask for the specific name of this peptide. As the operator of melanotan.org I would most certainly have heard of any other peptide used for tanning and I'll be honest with you this is drawing an absolute blank. I am highly skeptical of this. I wrote to BeautyLab myself about this and they never responded.

-Scott
Melanotan.org Admin

Latest posts

Back