Anyone here from Glasgow?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkBlonde

Reaction score
I'm going shopping in Glasgow tomorrow, its my boyfriend's birthday and we were going to go to Newcastle, but he found out there's a big fishing shop in Glasgow, so there's been a change of plan!

Anyways, I was wondering what's Glasgow like for shopping? Where would you recommend? and what shops are there?

xxXxx

Hi
I'm not from Glasgow but when ever shopping was on the agenda it was always Glasgow I would head for! I just love Glasgow for shopping, although I have not been for ages and from what I remember the shops are a bit spaced out, over a 4 or 5 main streets. There are quite a few Glasgow geeks on here so maybe one will come on and point you in the right direction or give you a good starting point. Have a good day and don't spend tooooooooooo much. xx

Glasgows great for shops! Theres Buchanan Galeries the bottom of Sauchiehall street and theres Buchanan Street and at the bottom of there you have St Enoch!

Make sure you have comfy shoes as you will be walking for miles:).

It is a fabulous place to shop, hope your boyfriend is patient or likes shopping.

BTW, if you like curry, Glasgow has some of the best in the country.... honestly.

Buchanan Street most definitely and Argyle Street. Ingram Street if your budget stretches to it. If you look on a map they are close together but you will still feel like you've walked for miles. Enjoy!

Oh, one of my most favourite places to eat is SoHo. Really tasty food and they've got a great lunch menu.

Thanks geeks! I was thinking of wearing my RI trainer boots, they're not too high and quite comfy, and putting some flats in mt bag just in case :)

I think he will enjoy shopping tomorrow seeing as I'll be buying his bday prezzies (hope he doesn't clean me out lol) so we will probs spend hours in this fishing shop he was on about - yey! :irked:

SoHo sounds like a good option for lunch :)

Is there a Lipsy shop anywhere?

xXx

Thanks geeks! I was thinking of wearing my RI trainer boots, they're not too high and quite comfy, and putting some flats in mt bag just in case :)

I think he will enjoy shopping tomorrow seeing as I'll be buying his bday prezzies (hope he doesn't clean me out lol) so we will probs spend hours in this fishing shop he was on about - yey! :irked:

SoHo sounds like a good option for lunch :)

Is there a Lipsy shop anywhere?

xXx

You should get Lipsy in Frasers on the corner of Buchanan Street and Argyle Street.

Braehead shopping centre is really good but a fair bit out of glasgow I think lol If your travelling by car I'd give that a bash :) xx

You should get Lipsy in Frasers on the corner of Buchanan Street and Argyle Street.

Yey! I'll have to go there. We don't have a Lipsy in Carlisle:cry:

Braehead shopping centre is really good but a fair bit out of glasgow I think lol If your travelling by car I'd give that a bash :) xx

Yer we're going in the car so will try n get there. omg I can't believe how many shopping centres there is! I think I might need longer than a day!!

I really should be going to bed lol, I gotta get up at 6 :irked:

Oh just remembered I got a voucher in my Lipsy magazine. Woop woop! :green:

:) good for you! have fun! btw if you like lipsy dresses you might like elise ryan I have quite a few now usually get them off ebay (brand new! but cheaper) think its usually pinksquid78 and pacha boutique I get them xx

Oh just remembered I got a voucher in my Lipsy magazine. Woop woop! :green:

Thanks sarah, I will definately take a look!

Well I is off to bed now, don't wanna be confronted by an angry bf when I sleep in lol :irked:

We are quite lucky with all the different areas for shopping around Glasgow. Braehead, Silverburn and that are good. That's where I go for late night shopping but you can't beat the choice you have in town.

We are quite lucky with all the different areas for shopping around Glasgow. Braehead, Silverburn and that are good. That's where I go for late night shopping but you can't beat the choice you have in town.

Totally agree, I go to Braehead a lot as it is nearest to me and I love Silverburn too...but you just can't beat going "up the big town" for shopping. :)

I know I know I am late with my input, but I always park at Buchanan Galleries, and start at John Lewis, then work my way down Buchanan Street, which has great shops and the best Zara (the others never seem to have as much range!) if I can keep my hubby out of Hugo Boss I then carry on to the St Enochs Centre which has transformed lately with lots of great new shops.
Then Debenhams and if my legs will take me walk back up via Glassford St to Jigsaw and along Ingram St (usually just window shopping there as I will be skint by then!!)
La Vita at George Square for some food (I refuse to queue at Jamie Olivers place!) then back up to Buchanan Galleries for my car!

I hope the weather stays dry for you and you have a great day!!!

Thanks!

We ended up going to Braehead, was really good! Bought us both some goodies :lol::lol::lol:

He didn't spend as much as I thought in the fishing shop - just some rod holders for his boat lol.

We got Dominos pizza for lunch (Mmmmmmm...) then went to this other little shopping centre can't remember what it was called, but got some gorgeous River Island hotpants there :)

xxXxx

Latest posts

Back