anyone know any good cds for home treatment room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VICKYBROOKES

Reaction score
hiya geeks , i want to invest in some good therapy cds that will eventually be used in my home treatment room when i qualify and was just being nosey to as what cds u geeks use for your clients when they come for treatments .

what would you recommend ????? i quite like the pan pipe type ones xxxx

I usually just ask the client what they fancy listening to:)

I usually just ask the client what they fancy listening to:)

yeah , i will do hun , its just i havnt actually got any clients yet lol! as im still training but wanted to start up a sort of therapy cd collection so i can give clients the choice when im set up . xxxxxxxxxxx

It's not to everyones' taste, but a lot of New Age music is quite suitable as relaxing background music. :)

lisa lynne is fabulous for a salon. have a look on amazon. she plays the harp. my personal fav of hers is "season's of the soul"

Large garden centers usually have a range of relaxing music eg. running water, rain, summer breezes etc..... You also have the option of listening to a few tracks on the cds before making your purchase.

I noticed woolworth were selling relaxation cds and like the garden centres you can listen to them.

I noticed woolworth were selling relaxation cds and like the garden centres you can listen to them.

I looked at the ones in Woolies but they don't last 60 minutes so unless you have a repeat button on your hifi they;'re no good for alot of treatments.

Try this website New World Music Limited > Home Page They do some really nice stuff. You have to be a bit selective as it's not all totally suitable for treatments, but they do have a section for salon/spa cd's.

My top recommendation would be to buy a Squeezebox to play your music from; Transporter & Squeezebox Wireless Network Music Players - Every room deserves a soundtrack - then you can put all your tunes on your computer and have them play wirelessly in your salon - you could even build up a playlist to a particular length for a particular treatment then, or choose music according to your client's taste or whatever, and you wouldn't need to faff about changing CDs over either...

As for tunes themselves, here are some of my favourites...

Amy Lauren - Close Your Eyes (from CD Baby: let's find you some great new music...) - this is really chilled out piano music which would be nice for some of the more relaxing treatments.

Bliss - Bliss, Blissful Music, Blissful Records - Lucinda Drayton, Andrew Blissett - Lucinda Drayton (vocals) and Andy Blissett (keyboards) - I have 4 of their albums here: a hundred thousand Angels, Bliss, Through These Eyes and You - Lucinda has a gorgeous voice and a lot of their music is very relaxing and chilled out - a lot of their albums have quite a Celtic vibe too. Of the 4 albums I have got, "You" is quite a bit more upbeat and jazzy, so better perhaps for something like waxing as opposed to a massage or facial.

Era - a collaboration between the French guitarist Eric Levi and the English Chamber Choir - they have a sound similar to Enigma.

Laura Sullivan - Feast of Joy and Love (from CD Baby: let's find you some great new music...) - this is a classically-inspired album, again very chilled out and relaxing.

Tim Wheater and David Lord - In Unity - we picked this CD up from a hippie shop in Glastonbury a few years ago - it's a gorgeous mix of Tim's flute and David's keyboards - very restful and chilled out and some lovely flutey melodies.

If Sonia (PuggyLover) is reading this and wants a blast, all these tunes are on the Transporter lol...

Damn, I forgot to mention Ludovico Einaudi too! Another top choice if you like chilled out piano music; his album "Le Onde" is particularly gorgeous. "I Giorni" is another of my favourite albums by him...

Also check out this blog post of mine, http://www.salongeek.com/blog.php?b=5952 where I posted a link to an MP3 of one of the tunes I composed for flute which is really chilled out and you might like. Feel free to download it and play it in your salon if you like it :)

thanks geeks ! thats a great help! some lovely choices there ! also thanks alot ruth ! will have a listen to ur links now! cheers!

wow ruth thats well chilled out music its lovely what talents u have got !!!!!!!!!!!

very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back