Anyone Tried Own Label Nail Polish??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkpink

Reaction score
Ive just been looking through a copy of professional nails and they are advertising nail polish that you can have your own label or name on:) has anyone tried these?? Wondered if the polish was any good??
the link is http://www.enail.co.uk/home.php

Years ago I private labeled with my salon name on the labels.
Cheap nasty polish it turned out to be and my clients wanted to spend their money on BRAND names they had heard of not my silly name .... they could buy as cheap and get as cheap on the local market stalls.

I went professional (thank god i did, but it taught me an expensive lesson) and have been selling enamels out the door for years, where as I couldn't move this other stuff.

I think it was an EGO thing ... I wanted to see my name on the label ... sadly no one else did. :irked:

geeg said:
Years ago I private labeled with my salon name on the labels.
Cheap nasty polish it turned out to be and my clients wanted to spend their money on BRAND names they had heard of not my silly name .... they could buy as cheap and get as cheap on the local market stalls.

I went professional (thank god i did, but it taught me an expensive lesson) and have been selling enamels out the door for years, where as I couldn't move this other stuff.

I think it was an EGO thing ... I wanted to see my name on the label ... sadly no one else did. :irked:

Thanks for that, I think your right...I must admit I was tempted by it:o but again I think its a case of I want to see my name on the label (how sad is that!) I will def steer claer of it now...thanks:)

I guess we are a couple of saddos ...
I'm sadder but wiser now!!
AND allot older!!:irked:

geeg said:
I guess we are a couple of saddos ...
I'm sadder but wiser now!!
AND allot older!!:irked:
OMG:eek: Ive just looked at your profile and the nails you have done are amazing!!! Ive only just started out so still have my L plates on, what do you speicalise in Gigi, or which nails do you prefer to do/get the best results from... gel, acrylic or silk/fibreglass? Ive trained in all of them and love doing the gel but they dont seem to be lasting very long so everyone is wanting acrylic, I have one client (who happened to be my model for my exam) who I did gel on and I am doing infills for her tomorrow but apart from her I have had to replace all my gel nails with acrylic:irked: I have only tried one system though....salon systems...the one I trained with so maybe if I try something else I might get better results:confused: Im thinking of trying brisa...sorry Ive just babbled on but I just cant believe how good your work is:)

pinkpink said:
OMG:eek: Ive just looked at your profile and the nails you have done are amazing!!! Ive only just started out so still have my L plates on, what do you speicalise in Gigi, or which nails do you prefer to do/get the best results from... gel, acrylic or silk/fibreglass? Ive trained in all of them and love doing the gel but they dont seem to be lasting very long so everyone is wanting acrylic, I have one client (who happened to be my model for my exam) who I did gel on and I am doing infills for her tomorrow but apart from her I have had to replace all my gel nails with acrylic:irked: I have only tried one system though....salon systems...the one I trained with so maybe if I try something else I might get better results:confused: Im thinking of trying brisa...sorry Ive just babbled on but I just cant believe how good your work is:)

Thank you ... I think we will pm each other so as not to change the thread OK? x

I got the feeling that these polishes looked a bit cheap...I think if you want your name on something then perhaps the nail files would be ok (but you would need to see a sample first) Bio used to do the nailfile keyrings (they had their own name on btw) and thought they were a really good idea but no one else seemed fussed on them!!

I fell for this! I used e-nail to have my own name polishes and still have them! I agree with Gigi, clients want a brand name and a good quality polish.:lol:

If I were in a hairdressers or a beauty salon and they had their own names on products I would never buy them cos I would think they were inferior products

many quite reputeable suppliers in Aus buy polishes and base ingredients in from the US (where many come from) in huge drums, they bottle in their own bottles (what a boring procedure) put 2 ball bearings in the bottle, fill the bottle, stick the brush in, then screw the lid on .........ALL HAND DONE (BOTTLE IS LABELLED FIRST) maybe you can find a polish supplier and polish you like, then design a label and away you go, it looks kinda neat in the shop..... but a) is it worth it b) will it sell
When i worked as a sales rep i went to a salon that claimed my manufactures polish wasnt selling, i suggested they "raise the price by $5 " all of a sudden the polish started to sell, obviously the clients thought it was too cheap, that salon still sell my polishes to this day (wholesale $3.65, they sell em now for $22.00) and they walk out the door....... go figure
If you design yoiur own labels , you will usually have to do your own polish names, thats 2 sets of labels, one for the top (or body of the bottle)and one for the bottom (the bottom one for every color) work out the cost, it can look very damn cool and VERY professional, (but expensive to start) rather than them buying a product they see in every second salon, just make sure the polish is good, but more importantly, the brush has to be fantatstic

Latest posts

Back