anyone using ibd...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASHLE

Reaction score
Hello all!

I am using IBD gel and for some reason I find the gel stays better without the use of the bonder, does anyone else feel the same way?? Also, whats your thoughts on pink and white sculptures? Do you think they are as hardwearing as nail extensions? I have not done much with pink and white but have the stuff and would like to start :)

I have used IBD in the past, I was taught to use very little bonder and that it shouldnt appear wet after application. I used to gently blot with a lint free wipe if i applied too much. Do you have any problems? Could it be you are applying too much bonder?

Thanks for the reply!

I have been doing the same as you (blotting after application) they do sometimes lift very slightly. I am doind a refresher course week after next as its a long time since I have done them professionally. Can you suggest another make? I am looking to purchase a new range :)

Theres heaps of threads on here hun about different systems filled with lots of info. Maybe have a quick search around. A refresher course sounds like a step in the right direction it will definately help overcome any possible problems.
You could ring a few companys and get 'try me' kits to see what suits you best. :hug:

When i used IBD i had terrible trouble with lifting on NNO's. I spoke to Graftons and they recommended not using the bonder at all.

I did this and had no problems again - well the odd client, but hey who doesn't eh!

I sometimes use Ibd but most of my clients are loyal to Calgel now. When I do sculpting with IBD always find it strong and hard wearing, and the pink and whites always stay fresh looking.

I really used to have problems with IBD nno, I rang Graftons and they advised using the builder gel as opposed to the clear gel for nnos only. I have never applied without using the bonder. I always apply very sparingly then blot then cure.

Hiya Ashley,

I exclusively use IBD Gels, I gave up using the bonder ages ago!! You have to cap the free edge really well when doing NNO i find otherwise they lift and chip, i think the soak off's may be more flexible, I havent tried yet but will do, I wouldnt use them for regular enhancements but def for toes and NNO!! PM me if you want more info!! x

Thanks everyone!:)

Latest posts

Back