Anyone's fella in the army?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to add a positive note- (so you know it ain't all bad!!) We were posted to Cyprus for 2.5 years and it was absolutely brilliant. It is a beautiful place and I made so many great mates there. The kids totally loved it. So there are def. good points about having a fella in the army too!

my husband was in the royal marines from 1989 till 1998 when he came outside as i had my third child.
i left the navy in 95 so after that lived in a married quarter till we bought a house in portsmouth.
where ever he was based i stayed in portsmouth because of my friends i had no family so my mates where a life line.
he went to northern ireland for 6 moths during the last 6 months of pregnancy then out to norway 5 weeks after joe was born then 2 weeks after my second was born out to bruni....it was hard
my brother who is alos in the royal marines joined up and wendy his girlfriend said she would stick by him but not move from her family in southport they got married and had holly he then went to aphganistan then iraq and wendy stayed in southport with her family who helped no end with holly and she said she wasnt so lonely.
you can stay in your home town and when they are not away if you can handle only seeing them at weekends thats ok the same if you went into married quarters but you wont have family arround if they go away but you will have wives who are in the same situ as yourself.
if you continue supporting and being there for him you have to learn to be independant, strong and resiliant yes it is very hard being a forces wife but it is such a proud feeling.
with reguards to business, married patches have loads of wives so word of mouth and a few freebie sets and you will have the clients rolling in....
trust me the day you move into one one of the wives will aproach you any way you cant be shy on a married patch.

Hiya, thanks to all of you, this has been very informative and it's so nice to have people to talk to that know the situation well.

We have had a BIG talk now and I've found out he's hoping to join the light infantry (means bugger all to me - he tried to explain it as front line soldier without the tanks!! Lol! He knows how thick I am when it comes to this!) He also explained to me about the Royal Marine's (which he told me wasn't the army, and I got it wrong, it's Naval based) which he was thinking about but he's decided against it for the moment and said he could always change direction afterwards.

Anyway, he said he's got a big physical test coming up in a few weeks when he's got to be able to run at least so many miles in 10 mins (I forget) alongside other things, but he goes to the gym anyway and said he's gonna buckle down even harder than usual in the run-up to this. Then if he passes it he will have 12 weeks initial training to do.

I'm slowly coming round to it in my head now, but I know I'm gonna really find it hard when he goes away for those 12 weeks, but I owe it to him to try and be strong I suppose, we have been through alot together already and this is just the next test!

Samoyed said:
Hiya, thanks to all of you, this has been very informative and it's so nice to have people to talk to that know the situation well.

We have had a BIG talk now and I've found out he's hoping to join the light infantry (means bugger all to me - he tried to explain it as front line soldier without the tanks!! Lol! He knows how thick I am when it comes to this!) He also explained to me about the Royal Marine's (which he told me wasn't the army, and I got it wrong, it's Naval based) which he was thinking about but he's decided against it for the moment and said he could always change direction afterwards.

Anyway, he said he's got a big physical test coming up in a few weeks when he's got to be able to run at least so many miles in 10 mins (I forget) alongside other things, but he goes to the gym anyway and said he's gonna buckle down even harder than usual in the run-up to this. Then if he passes it he will have 12 weeks initial training to do.

I'm slowly coming round to it in my head now, but I know I'm gonna really find it hard when he goes away for those 12 weeks, but I owe it to him to try and be strong I suppose, we have been through alot together already and this is just the next test!
The LI (LIGHT INFANTRY) are Based in Catterick, Paderborn (Germany) and Cyprus,
Hope he does well in his Career - i bet he is sooooo excited & nervous!!! xxxxxx

jess124 said:
Just to add a positive note- (so you know it ain't all bad!!) We were posted to Cyprus for 2.5 years and it was absolutely brilliant. It is a beautiful place and I made so many great mates there. The kids totally loved it. So there are def. good points about having a fella in the army too!

Now it's sounding good! Lol! My bikini is being packed as we speak xxx

Latest posts

Back