Application technique? I'm getting some bubbles when I apply Shellac.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lise

Reaction score
hi everyone,iv had a little play with shellac and noticed on one nail there was a few tiny bubbles,does anyone have any ideas what causes this

Never seen a bubble in Shellac in over two months of using it. Not once.

Maybe the question is what are you doing to cause the bubbles you are seeing?

Perhaps you need to brush up on your polishing skills or are using too much Shellac instead of working thin. Perhaps you are using loads of strokes instead of polishing efficiently as per the application instructions here ... http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finis...-colour-coat-system-application-tutorial.html

There are no bubbles in Shellac unless someone is causing them to be there in some way.

Last edited:
I did notice a few small bubbles when i first played around with it but it was because i hadnt removed all the cuticle from the nail plate and it caused small lumps/bubbles. I have re-done them again and they are perfect. You need to make sure that the nail plate is really PEP'd :)

I did notice a few small bubbles when i first played around with it but it was because i hadnt removed all the cuticle from the nail plate and it caused small lumps/bubbles. I have re-done them again and they are perfect. You need to make sure that the nail plate is really PEP'd :)
Same thing happened to me. It wasn't bubbles in the Shellac but my not PEP'ing properly.

Re-application sorted it.

The only time I had noticed a tiny bubble was while applying top coat I must have gotten a speck of dust stuck in it as after it cured it formed a tiny bubble then a tiny hole in the product only as deep as half the top coat.

thank you for the replys i will try it again and spend more time on prep and thinner coats

The only time I had noticed a tiny bubble was while applying top coat I must have gotten a speck of dust stuck in it as after it cured it formed a tiny bubble then a tiny hole in the product only as deep as half the top coat.

Same here, one tiny bubble on my ring finger, after top coat, must've been a little speck of something x x

So to sum up .............

We have:

1 --- cause cuticle on the nail plate
2 --- not PEP-ing correctly and surface not clean
3 --- Dust on the top coat
4 --- speck of something on the top coat

Do you think we can now conclude that it is technician error??

I think this thread has had it's day really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back