Applying fake eye lashes-advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahy

Reaction score
when i put the glue on it where to stick it on the bottom of eye lid or the lashes?
and which first mascara or stick the lashes first then apply mascara?

Are you asking about strip lashes? If so, I would do mascara - but not too much, just enough to darken the lashes, then apply the strip and attach to the eyelid, not the lashes. Also, make sure you're using the right glue. Hope that answers your question,

Vicki x

Are you asking about strip lashes? If so, I would do mascara - but not too much, just enough to darken the lashes, then apply the strip and attach to the eyelid, not the lashes. Also, make sure you're using the right glue. Hope that answers your question,

Vicki x
yes it helped thank you

Hello Mahy,
I would apply the lashes first. Put a thin line of glue (not the permanent glue, the soft one that peels off later in the day), on the spine of the lashes, wait a few seconds for the glue to become less 'watery', then carefully put the spine with glue right on top of the roots of lashes, so the glue is touching the roots AND a little bit the very thin line of eyelid skin on the upper eyelid. Manoever the lashes very quickly to the right place, before the glue starts to set! Then LEAVE them ALONE, to dry, for at least 5 minutes, THEN, if you feel they need mascara to define more, or to help ''join'' the false lashes together with your own lashes, very gently sweep a little mascara upwards into your own lashes to help blend them with the falsies. If you need more make up advice, feel free to contact me. My website is: lillyblack.wix.com/makeup, for contact details

Hello Mahy,
I would apply the lashes first. Put a thin line of glue (not the permanent glue, the soft one that peels off later in the day), on the spine of the lashes, wait a few seconds for the glue to become less 'watery', then carefully put the spine with glue right on top of the roots of lashes, so the glue is touching the roots AND a little bit the very thin line of eyelid skin on the upper eyelid. Manoever the lashes very quickly to the right place, before the glue starts to set! Then LEAVE them ALONE, to dry, for at least 5 minutes, THEN, if you feel they need mascara to define more, or to help ''join'' the false lashes together with your own lashes, very gently sweep a little mascara upwards into your own lashes to help blend them with the falsies. If you need more make up advice, feel free to contact me. My website is: lillyblack.wix.com/makeup, for contact details

I agree with both, you can apply mascara before or after, I sometimes think a little bit before does help and then a little after to adhere natural and false together, especially if your natural lashes are quite straight.
I also suggest you put some black eyeliner on first...that way if your join is not perfectly against the lash-line, this will help to disguise that.

x

Latest posts

Back