Applying Nail Art Tape?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi there

I was wondering if you lovely ladies could share with me how you handle your nail art tape when applying it?

Mine comes in a roll (from nail delights) and I've been pulling off what I require, nipping with cuticle nippers and then placing onto the nail. At the end I then go around the nail trimming the excess neatly away.

Is there a better/easier way to apply it? As in maybe leave it on the roll and don't cut pieces off, only cut once you have it on the nail.... Does that make sense?

Thanks

I've never heard of this!! Can't wait for the replies! How do you use it?

As far as I know its been around for ages, probably called something different to what I have called it....striping tape?

What's it used for? :)

Personally i think you have the best way as leaving it on the roll can get a bit fiddly, i find it easier to file off at the free edge rather than trim but i think both work well, hth x

Ok so you think leave it on the roll, pull off required amount, place and nail and then trim?

I must admitt the other way (the way I was actually doing it) is extremely fidderly!

Hi... I always leave mine on the roll as i find if i cut lengths i lose some stickness from too much handling... once a top coat is applied either polish or finishing gel i file away the free edge... Friend of mine go acrylics done elsewhere and was not happy, so i blinged them a little for her...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1319877390.152328.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1319877390.152328.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 709
I always leave mine on the roll too, I pull it along where I would like it on the nail and across the skin too (not so much that it would be a huge waste mind you), then I go around trimming it to size afterwards :)

This ones done in gelishI keep it on the roll otherwise gets very fiddly once placed in topcoat i snip off the roll then cure then remove the excess with file or nail scissors its amazing how a few wee strips can bling up a nail

It can also be encased into acrylic which looks awesome 2 ;)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326102838.876647.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326102838.876647.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 187
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326103027.159753.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326103027.159753.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 254
I hate this stuff, and once I have passed my college course I hope never to see this stuff again lol x

I hate this stuff, and once I have passed my college course I hope never to see this stuff again lol x
hahaha Agreed!

I usually stick one end to the starting point and use the sharp end of my pusher or tweezers to hold, pull it (from the roll) the way I want it on the nail then snip. And file off the excess. I don't really use these anymore as there's not a high demand for them on my end.

I loooove striping tape!! i got mine off ebay for about £2 i think i got 8 colours?! I keep it on the roll when applying, drag it across in whatever direction i'm going and snip at the end, then once im done tidy up any straggly bits at the edges. the only thing i've found with the tape is it seems to lift around the edges after a few days? i tried putting a polish top coat over which didnt really help then a gel top coat which seemed to hold it a few extra days. any one else had this problem or is it possibly becoz my tape was such a "bargin" lol. x

I totally despise striping tape haha Not because it isn't a wonderful tool for nail art but because no matter what I do it peels, sticks to my fingers, forehead and any other bit of spare skin it can find haha

I totally despise striping tape haha Not because it isn't a wonderful tool for nail art but because no matter what I do it peels, sticks to my fingers, forehead and any other bit of spare skin it can find haha

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I once found a piece of tape in my hair! Would be the weirdest thing ever but... it's me!

Curved manicure sisers cut it perfectly and very close to the nail,

I always find it best to trim it just before the edge of the free edge , this stops it curling away after a few days , HTH

Curved manicure sisers cut it perfectly and very close to the nail,

I always find it best to trim it just before the edge of the free edge , this stops it curling away after a few days , HTH

Totally agree and this is how I was taught to apply it on my course.
x

Latest posts

Back