Are these the worst nails .....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievale...I cannot understand how they could do this!!!! She would have obviously told them they were for her wedding (can any bride to be stop talking about it???)
and they just went ahead and not only did a rubbish "job" but obviosly hurt her too!!!
Well done you for restoring her faith in human nature!

By the way, could she not have them with the trade description act.... They sold a service for "nail enhancements"
I think her nails are anything BUT enhanced!!!

xxx

naturalnails said:
that you have ever seen!

I got a call today from my beauty therapist saying that a lady had come in to see if they could sort her nails. Who you gonna call - me! They don't do nails.

This poor lady is flying to the Dominican Republic very early tomorrow morning to get married at the weekend. She had gone to a local high street salon on Saturday and they did her nails for her and charged her £45. When I saw them I asked why she had not refused to pay - she didn't like to - I wonder how many of the general public would have refused to pay - we do not really live in a society of complainers - unfortunately to a certain extent.

When doing her nails they stuck the full well tips on and then continued to take some liquid from a brown unmarked bottle and apply powder - when she asked what the liquid was she was told it was ... wait for it ... iodine. I asked her if she knew what iodine looked like and if she thought it was - she is a nurse so most definitely knew it was not iodine.

The stuff was all over her fingers - the nails just peeled off right in front of my eyes as if they were paraffin wax - if you get the picture.

They gave her a nasty slice down the side of one finger - looks like a large paper cut and on her ring finger she has what looks like a fairly nasty chemical burn - blistered - nice look for her when she has her wedding ring placed on her finger.

She has been to a solicitor and was going to go back to the salon today to speak with someone in charge but they are closed on a Monday.

One of the worrying things about this salon is that they have recently put an advert in our local paper saying from next month they are doing nail training - OMG - lots more people doing nails like this.

Oh well, the upside is I have got a new client. I felt so sorry for her and felt the nail industry had suffered a real blow that I did not charge her. First time I have had a client in tears and she gave me a hug which was worth more than the money I would have earned.
I can believe it, A few months ago I went to a book shop looking for the nail encyclopedia. I couldn't find it, so asked one of the members of staff. She asked me to wait while she got the manageress.This lady came out from the office wearing white cotton gloves, took them off and said "I'm going away soon. Can you advise me on what to do with my nails" On looking at her nails, 4 of them had been drilled through the entire nail plates and were full of scabs, infected full of puss and inflamed and there was a fungal infection on the rest of them. She had gone back to the salon, where they just soaked off the product and drilled and told her to have a long rest from having her nails done. I sent her to a doctor and told her she might be on antibiotics for a number of months, if not years and she called me back a week later. thanking me for my advise ect. She is also in the process of a neglegance case. This shouldn't happen but.How many people have you heared say.. I've had acrylics ect and it ruined my nails! I hate comments like that. People like the salons doing this, give us great techs a bad name.

CRIKEY!!!! my 8 year old granddaughter could do better - and to pay £45. i agree with everyone that has said about getting in touch with the local press. i wonder just how many other poor unsuspecting people have been to the same salon as this poor girl and didnt say anything....

:eek: If I didnt know better I'd say someone done this as a joke :(

It's salons like this that give the rest of us bad names :mad: I'd be inclined to book myself in to get a birds' eye view of what exactly their 'professional' service entails.

Oh no!

I hate this feeling. :irked:

I get it when I read stories like yours or I'm told a similar tale.

I have a training centre in Northants and Lecture part-time at my local college to try to stop this sort of thing from happening. Unfortunately, my students tell me these sort of stories weekly. Hopefully, they will learn from this.

I'm going to be chuntering all afternoon, now.

But isn't it rewarding when you can make such a difference to a client?

Keep on dooin' it.
icon14.gif

Burtie

I am absolutely HORRIFIED!!

It makes me so angry that so called Technicians are allowed to do this!! And they wonder why we are all so passionate about tidying up this industry!!!!

It makes the rest of us good techs (not blowing trumpet here) look like we are ready for the Nailympics!!!!

Just remember tho, for every client you impress they will tell ave of 6 people who you are. For every client you dont...they will tell on ave 12 people how crap you are.
That "tech" whose nails look crap....I think the client will be telling EVERYONE!!! And so she should.

Tell her to put an article in the local paper!!!! I would if it was my nails, especially as a wedding was imminent......and it is good advertising for you!!!

To all great techs out there.....keep up the high standard!!!!

OMG! - words fail me - I cant believe the state of the poor womans hands!
I notice this thread was started a while ago - Any updates?

naturalnails said:
that you have ever seen!

I got a call today from my beauty therapist saying that a lady had come in to see if they could sort her nails. Who you gonna call - me! They don't do nails.

This poor lady is flying to the Dominican Republic very early tomorrow morning to get married at the weekend. She had gone to a local high street salon on Saturday and they did her nails for her and charged her £45. When I saw them I asked why she had not refused to pay - she didn't like to - I wonder how many of the general public would have refused to pay - we do not really live in a society of complainers - unfortunately to a certain extent.

When doing her nails they stuck the full well tips on and then continued to take some liquid from a brown unmarked bottle and apply powder - when she asked what the liquid was she was told it was ... wait for it ... iodine. I asked her if she knew what iodine looked like and if she thought it was - she is a nurse so most definitely knew it was not iodine.

The stuff was all over her fingers - the nails just peeled off right in front of my eyes as if they were paraffin wax - if you get the picture.

They gave her a nasty slice down the side of one finger - looks like a large paper cut and on her ring finger she has what looks like a fairly nasty chemical burn - blistered - nice look for her when she has her wedding ring placed on her finger.

She has been to a solicitor and was going to go back to the salon today to speak with someone in charge but they are closed on a Monday.

One of the worrying things about this salon is that they have recently put an advert in our local paper saying from next month they are doing nail training - OMG - lots more people doing nails like this.

Oh well, the upside is I have got a new client. I felt so sorry for her and felt the nail industry had suffered a real blow that I did not charge her. First time I have had a client in tears and she gave me a hug which was worth more than the money I would have earned.

she should sue the pants off them!!!!

Ouch...my cuticles are burning just looking at that pic!!!

I honestly can't believe the state of those nails, and they charged her for them? how do these people manage to get it so wrong......the person who did this can't possibly have had ANY training at all. I am quite frankly shocked!
She'll be thrilled to bits with you fantastic work hunnie! :green:

naturalnails said:
that you have ever seen!

YES

this would have been a great before and after

OMG, my 2year old would have taken more care!!!

I have never seen anything like them!!

Guys this is a really old thread!!

Maybe Fiona can update us on how this clients nails have recovered!

poor thing hope she gets her money back and somehow i think you have got yourself a customer for life

I cant believe what I have just seen!! I would love to know what happened with this. Did she sue the salon have you still got her as a client. If anyone knows please post

loualarta said:
I cant believe what I have just seen!! I would love to know what happened with this. Did she sue the salon have you still got her as a client. If anyone knows please post
Me too I'd love to know what happend! Those nails were an absolute disgrace I could not believe my eye's!! I have only done a few sets and mine are 100 times better than those!! Poor thing.

xxx

I can't believe what I have seen :eek:
That's crazy!!!!!!I would be so embarrassed if I did those nails.And what about the salon.What some places get away with is unbelievable.Cheers to you for fixing her up!!!!!!

I thought this thread had died a death but obviously not.

On further investigations, I am not 100% sure of the accuracy of the clients report. I know the salon that she said she had them done and some of the information did not ring true.

Best left dead and buried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back