Are these the worst nails .....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah bless you hun you are a sweetie, you are the sort of nail tech that people should come too, can you imagine the state the poor woman would have been in if you hadnt sorted her out, especially whenshe is getting married. Thank god she found you in time.

When she returns she should get on to the local council and report them, let us know how she gets on
take care

Am I seeing right Fi looks like full well tips put on no blending and thats it her fingers look so sore poor lady...............she is doing the right thing by contacting a solicitor something has to be done about places like this what is up with these people!!!!!!! makes me so cross I am funing here, I bet she left you a lot happier and looking forward to her big day.........good on ya babe for sorting them out for her.

Take care
Dawnie xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Fiona

I'm sure you will keep on the 'case'. If I can be of any help please let me know. This is exactly where an association that truly supports the 'professional technician' or, in this case, the client who has had a very raw deal.

This was something that, years ago, the INA used to do. It helped and supported what was ethical and professional. I have to say that this was not always the salon/technician but at least it gave the client a bit of confidence that things were trying to be done properly!

I am making 'noises' in the right direction (I hope!) that this is what is needed by the indistry as a whole.

What you are doing is great (giving a very good service, on-going support and sharing your experiences)

:D

:D Fiona, you are a star, your new client must be unbelievably happy with her new set. Well done for raising the profile of the industry.

Cathy :D

Well done Fiona!!! Unfortunately, I have seen sooooo much of this type of work in the last 18 months. In fact 95% of my business has been built from situations similar to yours. Well Done and keep up the good work. If you need any info/help with regards trading standards etc.... just pm me!

I have never seen anything soooooooooooo bad, I have just started in the business and have been worrying about the quality of my work, I need not worry. I cannot believe the owner of that salon can sleep at night???

These have to be the worst nails i have ever seen. That poor lady, if only she had had the courage to refuse to pay, i certainly would've refused. She was probably in shock.
Im just glad she has found a great tech to make her look nails look fab for her special day.

Michelle xx

Fiona,

I wouldn't inflict that on my worse enemy. They must have made a special effort for them to be so appalling!

Big hugs to you for sorting her out, especially FOC, hopefully now she can relay the story with a smile and put (proper) nail techs in a good light!

I'm also amazed she paid up, it's not even as if they were cheap! Trading standards would have been my first stop; can you put in a complaint to them yourself or does it have to come from the injured party?

I liked the idea of going to the local press, something ought to be done ASAP to prevent others suffering the same fate, but I also agree with Marian that bad press is the last thing the industry needs.... Is there some way the client could approach the paper but slant it as 'local businesswoman (miracle worker) saves the wedding day' - have the picture you've posted and a wedding piccy of the nails you did in contrast? Might help educate the public on why choosing a trained nail tech has it's benefits, and shut this place down.

I agree, they are unbelievable and yes it would be a good idea to contact the local paper, so the public can see what this so called salon is really like

WHAT AND ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How could anyone calling them self's a nail tech do such crap nails, They are totally disgusting. This poor lady wants to look her best from tip to toe for her wedding day and these untrained idoits have made such a mess of her hands.
Just lucky Fiona has managed to help her.

Oh and while your at it, let them have a photo of some of your work as a comparison.:D

OMG these are DREADFUL. I was so shocked to see this picture.

I think it is about time there was some sort of standard for all those who call themselves nail technicians.

These are the worst nails I have ever seen.

Even if the NVQ Qualification was used as some sort of standard, that would at least fish out some of these bad nail technicians, giving us good and caring ones a bad name.

I really fear that unless something is done, the industry is going to lose a lot of really good nail technicians, who cannot compete on price etc.

Sam

OMG!!! I nearly cried when I saw these nails, I feel so sorry for her. Did you by any chance take any after photo's? Gald to hear that you came to her rescue!! You go girl!!!!

I think my grandma can do better enhancements than that fellow. At least if she is unable to enhance, she would not "de-hance".

However i like to comment that in the country (malaysia) that i am at, i have a staff that produces nails like those in the picture minus the blister and swolleness. She never blended the tip into the nail. I am quite surprised as she told me she had learned her skills from a very experienced nail technician that co- owns a well known salon in Kuala Lumpur. And in her training kit, she only recieve clear powder. She can't even do a decent sculpture nail with clear powder much less a french. And she told me her teacher is getting a certificate from US for her soon.

Just another thought - How did you get them off? Bet she went through the ceiling if they were soaked off with that big cut?

OMIGOD!!!! Cannot believe how bad they are! Imagine having to show your wedding ring off all day with those attached to the ends of your fingers! And to think i worry bout few tiny bubbles in my pink!!

Aspirations said:
Just another thought - How did you get them off? Bet she went through the ceiling if they were soaked off with that big cut?

I didn't even get as far as putting the water in the Quicksoak Bowl - she removed them - they actually peeled off like paraffin wax - it is amazing that she had only lost one from Saturday to today - although she did say that she wore gloves all night at work on Saturday night incase she lost any.

Fiona they are unbelievable!! I have never seen any nails like it. I am so glad for her that she was encouraged to come to you ... well done Fiona and I really hope that something is done, both for the poor lady and all the other unsuspecting clients that are ready to have their nails done at this salon.

Those have got to be the 2nd worst set of nails I have ever seen!!!!!!

However, I don't want to burst anyones bubble or put the preverbial spanner in the works....BUT unfortunatly trading standards can do absolutly NOTHING about it. And unless the cowboys salon is breaking any health and serious safety issues(varies from area to area), neither can the council.
When I first joined 'geek' I had had a similar experience with brand new salon in our area(checking out competition!).
I was left with THE most horrendous nails u could ever imagine, swollen fingers, hardly any nail plate, primer burns from saturation and an overwhelming urge to wear a baseball glove for the rest of my life!!!
Knowing what damage this woman could do to the young impressionable students she was advertising to train(after 1 day training herself), I wrote to my local trading standards office, only to be told that as there she hasn't broken any laws as such and there was nothing they or I could do apart from to go back to this charliton(?) and ask her to redo them or refund me!
After bout 6 months my nails did start to grow again! Nearly a year later they back to a pretty good condition.

The moral of this story is,.... tell this lady that she MAY be wasting her money if she thinks trading standards will back her up, coz they won't.

Sorry to p on the parade folks.:cry:

Debz xx

I totally agree with every one..........never seen such awful nails. how do they get away with this kind of work. wonder how long the business has been going. anyhow well done you Fiona for being not only a credit to our industry but also for showing kindness to a distressed bride. Hope all goes well for both of you. My dog could have done a better job. (Lets face it he's watched me do enough) lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back