Are these the worst nails .....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

naturalnails

Legend
Reaction score
that you have ever seen!

I got a call today from my beauty therapist saying that a lady had come in to see if they could sort her nails. Who you gonna call - me! They don't do nails.

This poor lady is flying to the Dominican Republic very early tomorrow morning to get married at the weekend. She had gone to a local high street salon on Saturday and they did her nails for her and charged her £45. When I saw them I asked why she had not refused to pay - she didn't like to - I wonder how many of the general public would have refused to pay - we do not really live in a society of complainers - unfortunately to a certain extent.

When doing her nails they stuck the full well tips on and then continued to take some liquid from a brown unmarked bottle and apply powder - when she asked what the liquid was she was told it was ... wait for it ... iodine. I asked her if she knew what iodine looked like and if she thought it was - she is a nurse so most definitely knew it was not iodine.

The stuff was all over her fingers - the nails just peeled off right in front of my eyes as if they were paraffin wax - if you get the picture.

They gave her a nasty slice down the side of one finger - looks like a large paper cut and on her ring finger she has what looks like a fairly nasty chemical burn - blistered - nice look for her when she has her wedding ring placed on her finger.

She has been to a solicitor and was going to go back to the salon today to speak with someone in charge but they are closed on a Monday.

One of the worrying things about this salon is that they have recently put an advert in our local paper saying from next month they are doing nail training - OMG - lots more people doing nails like this.

Oh well, the upside is I have got a new client. I felt so sorry for her and felt the nail industry had suffered a real blow that I did not charge her. First time I have had a client in tears and she gave me a hug which was worth more than the money I would have earned.

OMG!
The poor love!
I really don't know how they expect to get away with this. How do these people sleep at night?
At least she's in good hands now (pardon the pun!).
K x

Oh Fiona - I am truely SHOCKED!!! That poor woman! I am totally speechless!!!

I hope she does go ahead and make a complaint and I wish her every success with it! Those people should be closed down immediately!!!

Thank goodness she is in your capable hands now. What a kind and caring person you are!

Kx

Unbelievable, I've never seen anything like this. How they had the cheek to charge her £45, I'm gobsmacked I dont know what to say how people are doing this kind of work and are in this industry makes me so mad.

Thank goodness she has come to you to sort her nails out I'm not surprised she hugged you.

Best wishes

Dear me - seeing is beleiving how could some one let that happen they are minging...

And big hugs to Fiona - what a gesture, hats off to you Fiona for raising the profile of the Professional Nail Technician's out there....

I hope she sues the ass of them for causing so much damage and upset...

Having said that I cant beleive she paid there's no way i'd cough up for an equivalent disgracefull service - no way, if you don't tell them they dont know and can't learn

I'm disgusted that someone could do that.

I have not done any training yet but if mine look like that i wont be going near a paying client ever.

Fiona you are a star for not charging, i hope she recomends you to loads of new clients.
You will have made her wedding day by giving her beautiful nails

em x

OMG!! they are horrendous! and to think I worry if my smile lines will be smiley enough etc etc....I feel sorry for her, would have been awful at any time, but just before your wedding day doesnt bear thinking about does it?? It was lovely of you to do them for her for nothing - Hope they close the place down!
On a positive note though, its boosted my confidence! Have been really self critical lately, but compared to these my nails are competition winners!! x

They are totally shameful, and to think I was worried if I was ready for the public yet (see earlier post 'am I ready for the paying public').

Surely this person could not have been trained to do 'false nails' - I cant bring myself to call them enhancements as it is just not so, I would be broken hearted and for her wedding day as well, the 'false nail' applier should be shut down.

Well done Fiona for sorting her out, I am sure you will have a client for life now and just think of all the knock-on effect business once this lady tells everyone of her experience.

I cant believe she walked out paying for these they are DREADFUL.

Thank goodnes you have been able to sort them out for her at such short notice.

I would be tempted to ring the salon anonymously - not very professional i know but someone needs to give em a kick up the backside.

Terrible.

Ambx

Hi there,

this is so unbeleavable and to think they run a profesionel salon. Its people like this that give us nail techs a bad name, and theres lots of them out there in industry.

Well done you made her feel a million dollars and thats what were here for.

OMG they are SOOOOooooooo terrible! Even when i was 15 using Boots DIY acrylic kits, mine NEVER looked even remotely that bad. Should call then 'de-hancements' - certainly don't enhance anything.

They are horrendous! The poor lady.

Fiona - I'm not surprised she was in tears, you were so kind to her.

:cry: OMG, what a mess. I would be crying too !

poor poor woman,
at least she has nails to be proud of now..it beggars belief, i bet she was too shocked to say anything initially.
bless her heart

AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL!

No there can't be real, can they!!!!!
They are awful. You or the lady should get in touch with the local press and get them pics printed. let the locals know what they are letting themselves in for if they attend that 'training day'. and pics don't show up all the detail so they must be really bad.

I can't believe anyone would allow someone out with them nails. I wasn't even that bad when i was training.

AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL!

Appalling workmanship! Situations like this make me very angry because they can do the industry so much damage. Many others that have suffered in the hands of poor "tecs" then go on never to have enhancements again because their first experience was so bad.
Fortunately in this case the lady was referred to you Fiona to put that mess right and show her what enhancements should look like.
That "tec" needs to be stopped from doing further sets of nails until she's undergone proper training!
Situations like this make you wish we had to undergo some sort of test before being let loose on the public. But then again a license doesn't make a good driver. It's down to good training, integrity and self worth.

Hi Fiona

How scary is that!!!! Thank goodness that there are many good people around who know how to behave professionally.

It is such a shame she didn't say anyting at the time. When you next see her can I suggest that you suggest (without being too critical of the other salon, if you possibly can) thet she contacts the local Environmental Health Dept and Trading Standards. Also, it is worth, if possible, trying to find out who they are insured with. If your 'new' client is dealing with a solicitor and takes it further they may not be insured and any expenses incurred will be down to her.

I know bad publicity is no good for the industry but a mention of contacting the local/national press (not necessarily doing it) will work wonders!

Iodine!!!!!

unbelievable,

thank god she found you a true professional.

OMG YES they are the most awful nails i have ever seen

All i can say Fiona is that i agree whole heartedly with everything everyone else has said and you thoroughly deserve all the future business this will bring you - this will do your reputation no harm at all !

Can this place be reported to anyone ? There has to be something we, either as a nail technician or general public can do about this surely ??

How wonderful you are and how totally satisfied you and your client must now feel

Best wishes

kx

mum said:
Hi Fiona

How scary is that!!!! Thank goodness that there are many good people around who know how to behave professionally.

It is such a shame she didn't say anyting at the time. When you next see her can I suggest that you suggest (without being too critical of the other salon, if you possibly can) thet she contacts the local Environmental Health Dept and Trading Standards. Also, it is worth, if possible, trying to find out who they are insured with. If your 'new' client is dealing with a solicitor and takes it further they may not be insured and any expenses incurred will be down to her.

I know bad publicity is no good for the industry but a mention of contacting the local/national press (not necessarily doing it) will work wonders!

Iodine!!!!!

Thank you all for your positive vibes - some of the comments brought a tear to my eye.

To Marian, I think if time had been on our side then there was a lot more we could have done - like go to the local paper but she had no more time - she only had them done late on Saturday - nothing happens on Sunday, she was at her solicitor this morning and then had her nails done here - she was then going to her doctor to have the sore looked at.

She has made an appointment when she comes back so I will keep you all informed. BTW I kept the nails she peeled off LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back