'Argos Trained' technician makes me mad!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, for an hour until they went in water, i.e having a wash or washing the pots. they are so rubbish, it makes me mad how they have the cheek to sell it. and then stupid ppl like me go and buy the dam thing. just glad ive seen sense now.

Honestly, some people have a bloomin cheek!

Here we all are, paying out loads of money, training with the best training academy, practising for hours on end, working hard to please our clients to find that your so called friend goes and buys an Argos cheapie nails kit, does a C**p job and then has the cheek to steal your hard earned clients.

I really hope this girl digs herself into a real hole on this one and that when she ends up with a bad reputation (give her time and she will) your clients will return to you and you can have the last laugh (at her!!).

Dont give up girl, chin up, keep going and let us know when you finally get to have that last laugh at her!

She is no friend.

All the best

Eve

Hello Just wanted to add to the thread in general.

Its all so confusing and I think a lot of companies take advantage of the confusion in the industry. I am trying to start out and am so confused and have researched for hours but still unsure.

I think everyone should do the NVQ to say they are fully qualified, learning all the skills of a nail tech per se not just product based. Then go onto do training in a particular product that you like.
I think training companies do charge a real lot and so people think well I'll just go to argos and learn that way as they probably don't understand what's involved.

It seems product training is being seen as fully qualified I don't understand it.
You are qualified to use a product and apply it but are you really a qualifed nail tech after doing a foundation the spa manicures advanced systems etc in some ones product.

Totally confused and think there are no standards to follow just great products with great training but no really national qualification to get you to a certain level.

Oh well just a wee thought.

Actions speak volumes - in time, people will realise that she isn't qualified - too late for their nails - but they will appreciate you all the more in their hour of need. You can then gently educate them about good and bad nail techs.

im not a nail tec and thats why im saving up to do a proper course, i would not think about going to argos anything could go wrong and your not insured you pay for what you get if you want naf nail pay a monkey, if you want quality pay the quilified and experienced that why they are quilfied

Karen Wright said:
Hello Just wanted to add to the thread in general.

Its all so confusing and I think a lot of companies take advantage of the confusion in the industry. I am trying to start out and am so confused and have researched for hours but still unsure.

I think everyone should do the NVQ to say they are fully qualified, learning all the skills of a nail tech per se not just product based. Then go onto do training in a particular product that you like.
I think training companies do charge a real lot and so people think well I'll just go to argos and learn that way as they probably don't understand what's involved.

It seems product training is being seen as fully qualified I don't understand it.
You are qualified to use a product and apply it but are you really a qualifed nail tech after doing a foundation the spa manicures advanced systems etc in some ones product.

Totally confused and think there are no standards to follow just great products with great training but no really national qualification to get you to a certain level.

Oh well just a wee thought.

I agree with Karen above and everyone who has replied. It is soooo annoying that people who havent bothered their backsides to go and get educated, think they can whack on a set of crap nails and brag about it. I graduated with a C&G a couple of years ago and not had a chance to get stuck in as much as I would love.... family, business etc. There was a 'so-called' friend that was jealous of my doing family and friends' nails, she thought she could do better and put a set of temporary (the glue-cheap ones) tips on my sister-in-law. What happened? she pushed the tip too far under the cuticle, it became inflamed and ended up with an infection... better known to us geeks as 'Paronychia' (think I've spelt it wrong). Rachel, stick with the advice everyone has given you, the so called friends will be back... just like my sister-in-law was.....lol:biggrin:
HTH
Debbie (Lush)

just imagining an interview taking place, '....and who was it you trained with' people giving answers like creative etc and then 'Argos' or maybe she would pronounce it Argoose lol

and like doblush explained what happens if something goes wrong? she could be taken to the cleaners for not being properly trained

I like that Tink18....pmsl.... could you imagine Richard E Grant with his lank hair putting on a set of tips from Argoooose and Julia Sawalha running around panicking when it all goes horribly wrong....lol

I know from my point of view.. If I go to anything done i.s. acupuncture, beauty etc.. I always check to see if their registered with the right people and insured/suitably qualified. I suppose some people just want to take the cheaper option and not think about the possible consequences. They must look pretty pants though???!!!

Latest posts

Back