'Argos Trained' technician makes me mad!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllaX

Reaction score
just want to have a quick rant. (sorry long post)

i have a workmate who is a bit jealous that i have done PROPER nail tech training - not i ain't saying im brilliant as i'm still learning BUT i have gone the right way about it.

now in her view ANYONE can do nails - so much so she went to argos and bought a gel nails kit and UV lamp and now charges £15 a full set.
now ive seen these nails - she sticks a natural tip on, does no blending at all then puts the gel straight on top) they are all uneven too. i haven't done gels so not sure how you do them.

last night she told me she bought some great products off...yep u guessed it EBAY (clear uv gel and cuticle oil - that is apparantly WAY better then the solar oil i use and its only £1) and some nail 'glue'

i said ooh i use gel bond its much better cos u don't get air bubbles when applying tips and she said - 'u must be doing it wrong then' then she went on to tell me that her nails were much better then mine (which im sick of hearing now) much more natural looking and that id wasted a load of money on training when i could have bought a set from argos for £50 and a load of professional products off ebay!! (so now we know who buys em all)

so yep im keeping my eye on who buys the creative badge (as in a previous post) as she's the kind to buy it! i wouldnt mind but shes taking my customers and also using products she hasn't been trained too on unsuspecting public, without insurance all cos she can buy 'all she needs' off ebay!

Its upsetting when a 'friend' treats you this way. if she is choosing to go down that road then its her parogative. You know that your giving yourself the best education and you will be armed with knowledge where it counts. What is she going to tell her clients when their nails dont last or something goes wrong? I bet argos dont sell a troulble shooting book.

As for pinching your clients, its clear that they are only interested in price and you know the saying 'you get what you pay for'.

Pride yourself on what you've done and just let her get on with it, just politely tell her that you don't appreciate the way in which she is upsetting you with her comments.

you know what Rach... let her carry on... she won't have any 'clients' left as they won't like the finish of the nails or the lack of longevity they'll get with their nails. they won't like the burning sensation as she takes their nail plate off when she does a rebalance either.
you will then probably get even more clients with nails in a bad condition all because she 'thinks' she is a nail technician. she is being stupid and will learn the hard way and so will her clients.
i wouldn't worry about it too much... look forward to the day she has to eat humble pie and tell you that it's a lot harder than she thought it was :hug: xx

thanx for that - she put me on a right downer last night! xx

off out tonight and tomorrow armed with fliers to try and get a few more new customers (xmas party season and all that).

make sure that you have the words FULLY QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED NAIL TECHNICIAN somewhere on your leaflets :wink2:

HUn I can see why you are annoyed and understandably so. when you do your flyers make sure you big up the fact that you are qualified and insured. I've started putting on mine that my techniques will not damage your natural nails. She may think her nails look okay ... but so did I when I first started and now I know they were just awful because I now know what makes a good and bad enhancement.

Good luck to you. I found my most successful way of getting clients was to use a few friends as models for my nails and armed them with business cards. Also wearing them myself.

:mad: Well what can I say. She's taking your clients? Its funny what people are prepered to put thier nails through just because it's cheap. Surely thay must be able to see that your work and practices are of a much higher standard?! I can only imagine what she does whilst carrying out prep, if there is any at all.

The cheek of the women Why do so many people tink that nails ehancements are simply thrown on? Those NSS salons have a lot to answer for!

I agree with the above; make sure that you stress that you are fully qualified and insured.

Please tell me you are joking on this one!!!

no training mean no insurance does she know this?

how is she claiming your customers? surely they know quality and if not then your better off with out them, they'll soon come back running with the tail between their legs barking "look what she did to my nail"

yeah i have 'Creative nail academy trained and certified' and 'fully insured' on my flyers! i think its time to step up the advertising!!

shes real busy at the moment she told me (where as im fairly quiet which she finds funny)

never mind, i will NOT let it upset me!! - this means 'nails war' lol

Davinia said:
Please tell me you are joking on this one!!!

no training mean no insurance does she know this?

how is she claiming your customers? surely they know quality and if not then your better off with out them, they'll soon come back running with the tail between their legs barking "look what she did to my nail"

no i ain't joking!! im hoping people will realise cheaper isnt always best! xx

hi Rach
i have seen the pictures of your nails in your gallery and theres no way on earth she can do anything any where near as good as yours with some cheap non professional kit from ARGOS! lol omg tell her shes a moron and not much of a friend if she was my friend i would have told her to "do one" by now ....dont let it worry you she will make a mess and when she does she will be coming to you for help...! good luck to you hope you get busy just in time for xmas xxxkatxxx

I think she's one those people who brag I got this and I'm doing that but she doing and got nothing you know the type.

I don't think she's got any clients I think she just looking conversation and she's found it by lying

have fun tonight and let it go over your shoulder

hey i would not worry about this bacause you will have the last laugh trust me.
for one if she waks out nails on her workfriends she will emarrass her self greatly.
she wont know how to do poper prep forstarters and rio nails....they are going to look great arent they ...lmao
you are going to have people come to you who have had her nails on asking if this lifting they are getting is normal..if the breakages are normal and the discolouration...you will then be able to inform them that no this is not normal.
ask yourself why she has gone on to "do" nails...because she is jealous of you. at the end of the day you will have the last laugh.
do not show her that you are bothered...your not bothered because you nails are great and hers are gonna be utter pants.....keep smiling at her expense she will fall from a great height because people will not put up with her shoody and uneducated work.
you will get your customers back and maybe more once people realise how awful her work is

Hi Rach, Just had quick look in the gallery, you have nothing to worry about. She'll trip herself up soon enough. xxx

thanx everyone for your nice comments i feel a lot better now!!

fingers x'd my clients will come back!! she might have put em off having their nails done for life lol! xx

ok, dont fret. I've put a jinx on her and all the nails she does from now on will get great big fat greenies all over them, and soon all her clients will be BEGGING you to put right all the mistakes she has made.

ooooooow wouldn't that be great.

ooh the curse of the greenies - sounds scary doesnt it!! xx

Cameo Val said:
ok, dont fret. I've put a jinx on her and all the nails she does from now on will get great big fat greenies all over them, and soon all her clients will be BEGGING you to put right all the mistakes she has made.

ooooooow wouldn't that be great.

Val,can you do some "magic" on me please?something along the lines of lots of clients,boyfriend being madly in love with me,planning permission going through super quick...

Back to the argos tech...
How rude!!!!!Honestly!!??!!

Latest posts

Back