Asked to work at your friend's wedding?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done!
If she's a really good friend she have no problem in paying your rates

Dolly, i know you have already made your desicion but i thought I'd share how i have handled situations like this in the past as it may help others too.

None of my really really close/almost like a sister friends have married yet but quite a few mates and acquaintances have gotten hair and makeup done in my salon. I always quote them my full prices but tell them because we are friends I'll give them a good deal, such as i will do their mum's hair for free. I actually do that with most of my wedding packages anyway as this usually results in the mum deciding to pay to have her makeup done too.

If we are a bit closer friends i usually offer a free tan aswell, something that doesn't cost much in product or time.

I never offer any services as a gift because i may not even be invited to the wedding if we aren't all that close. Offering my services as a wedding gift may put the bride in an awkward position too of thinking that now i expect an invite because i have offered a gift. The amount of money i make from a wedding party is a whole lot more than i would ever spend on a wedding gift.

I will charge the bride adequently for my services, and if i am blessed to receive an invite to the wedding I will show up with a beautiful store bought gift for both bride and groom to enjoy.

Others will do things differently, this has worked well for me

Dolly, i know you have already made your desicion but i thought I'd share how i have handled situations like this in the past as it may help others too.

None of my really really close/almost like a sister friends have married yet but quite a few mates and acquaintances have gotten hair and makeup done in my salon. I always quote them my full prices but tell them because we are friends I'll give them a good deal, such as i will do their mum's hair for free. I actually do that with most of my wedding packages anyway as this usually results in the mum deciding to pay to have her makeup done too.

If we are a bit closer friends i usually offer a free tan aswell, something that doesn't cost much in product or time.

I never offer any services as a gift because i may not even be invited to the wedding if we aren't all that close. Offering my services as a wedding gift may put the bride in an awkward position too of thinking that now i expect an invite because i have offered a gift. The amount of money i make from a wedding party is a whole lot more than i would ever spend on a wedding gift.

I will charge the bride adequently for my services, and if i am blessed to receive an invite to the wedding I will show up with a beautiful store bought gift for both bride and groom to enjoy.

Others will do things differently, this has worked well for me

that's a really good idea, i used to be close to this girl but now i don't really see her and we never really talk, we knew each other through work and i don't work there anymore and haven't done for over a year (non beauty related work). As my dad put it, it is my job and i would never go into her place of work and assume i'm going to get a discount or ask her to give me a discount or even ask her to give me part of her wage to benefit myself so why should i feel i have to? the other night i was worrying about if i gave her a discount how much discount would i give without making myself cheap and without looking like a stinge, so i like the idea of if she has her makeup done with me then doing a service free of charge such as a tan that will not cost me much in product or time. She still hasn't got back to me yet x

Latest posts

Back