ASP/ salon systems/ mercia - for gel nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmaspeers

Reaction score
Has anyone used these products out of curiousity and are any of them any good for gel nail enhancements / overlays - this is following a discussion with anoter professional i am in contact with and wondered wot ur thoughts are and experience.... thanks

In my opinion ASP is similar to thoses acrylic systems you buy in the drug stores....rubbish! Don't know about the others though.

Hi,

I used Salon Systems gel for a couple of years before I started using AcryGel.
I never had a problem with it, and it always gave a good result, and my clients were always happy with it.
I've never used ASP or Mercia, so can't comment on those, but I'd say give Salon Systems a try and see how you go!
HTH's! :)

It amazes me, that a lot of nail techs only want to offer cheap brands/products to thier clients.
The statements made "my clients are happy with it"..but then do you clients know any different!

Why does everything come down to getting products etc for as cheap as possible!

The simple answer to that is because i dont work in a salon, i do a little hobby at home charge not very much which just about covers my costs, and usually on friends and family... I am offering lechat at the mo, not sure if thats classed as cheap, but u may have heard the uk distributor is no longer (for now at least) and so once the products gone, its gone (i can order from abroad but financially its not worth it for me). I have a family to support, with a baby due v soon so money is pretty tight right now, as is time to do any further training at this point. Its either i find a product that i can afford, thats of good quality, or i can no longer do nails which i love doing and is the only time i have for myself! Feel free to suggest products that are in same price range as lechat, i looked at the above as the beauty supplier who offers these is a 2 min drive away and i have heard good things about salon systems, espescially their new range that they are bringin out v soon in a soak of range....

I agree that there are better quality products out there as well as more generic L&P and gel and in my limited experience of using both I think that if you have excellent training you can probably get away with using a cheaper brand.
The more expensive brands (gel) have more "builder" properties I feel so you need to be more skilled sometimes to get the same result. If you pm me I can send you some products you can try first.

When I say 'My clients were happy with it', I meant that they were happy with how good their nails looked and how well they lasted.
They say a bad workman always blames his tools, but tbh, I think if you are a good nail tech, then you should be able to create a good looking, long lasting set of nails, whether you use a high end brand of product or a cheaper one! :)

Hi
I am new here and new to nail enchansments too but have just completed a course in gel and acrylic. Unfortunatly when I finished the course I was too late to call and order the kits that I had trained with so went to Sallys to see what they had I had a choice of asp or mercia I opted for the Mercia kit as seemed cost effective.
Well my Mum opted to be a model for me so thought I would just try one tip and acrylic well what a mess when I first put the brush in the powder it would not just collect on one side regardless what I did it just collected the whole way around the brush so I thought ok will just keep going well on applying the bead to the nail it seemed to dry out so quickly and had very little time to work with it the finished effect was that there was like a cracking effect under and maybe join lines where I had put the product so I thought I am obviously doing something wrong so tried again but just on plastic nails and it was the same each time. I had managed to buy a custom kit of powders (creative) from the course so I decided to try that and even though I was using the liquid from the Mercia kit the same brush and everything else the result on the nail was just as I had done during the course.
I know I have no experience yet but it was very disheartening and I kept thinking what am I doing wrong but when I tried the other product and got a good result I thought well maybe it wasnt me and I felt alittle better.
Kayla

I will be using gel products, thanks goodness. Still undecided if i will at a later date try soemthing else tho....

I was trained using salon system, and found they are quite good but not the best. Ive found they last well and look nice, but there are better out there. I have tried ASP and I think there rubbish, Ive got there colour acrylic and I dont think its any good. The colours arent impressive either. As and when I get more income I will venture out into different systems.

go gel for me both on quality and price

Latest posts

Back