Autoclave & couch anyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venus1

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am just starting a mobile beauty business, but don't know which autoclave and portable couch to get! :cry:

Can someone give any recommendations?

Hi there,

I am just starting a mobile beauty business, but don't know which autoclave and portable couch to get! :cry:

Can someone give any recommendations?

I'm only a nail geek not a beauty geek, but what treatments are you offering that require an autoclave??? I believe an effective method of disinfection is enough for the nail and beauty industry, and there are plenty of produts out there suitable for mobile use. Check out mundo, the products are ace and teh advice re: disinfection is great as well.......

Actually, it was the tutors where I trained that mentioned we might invest in an autoclave for metal implements...I did think it was a bit much, but guess being new to all this I did not dare contradict them!

But many thanks for your helpful advice...I shall visit the site right now.

The fact that they sell them in standard beauty product catalogues also seems to suggest that one ought to have one...perhaps to get newbies to spend their money!

I have an autoclave and sterilise my metal tools once a day. This gives me the confidence that I have significantly reduced the risk on spreading infection.

The REM airlight is a good couch :hug:

I have an autoclave and sterilise my metal tools once a day. This gives me the confidence that I have significantly reduced the risk on spreading infection.

All you are doing in this case is to reduce the risk of spreading infection on the first client after your tools come out of the autoclave. It doesn't render them sterile for the whole day and multiple uses.

I use the Hard Surface Disinfectant Wipes from Mundo because they are a hospital grade disinfectant, easy to carry around and store, and I use one every time I use my metal tools. Doing this I know that my tools have no pathogens on them when I start working on each individual client. As there are no open wounds disinfection is all that is needed in the salon (or mobile) environment.

I use mundo as well, and whenever i can i will use disposable stuff!

I had an inspection from my local authority to my salon today and they told me i had to get an autoclave for my electrolysis tweezers or i wont get my licence!
They also told me i had to get a contract for clinical waste just in case i draw blood during waxing!(yellow bins)
Dont know if this is the same for everyone,just wanted to share!!
We took over salon last month and the previous owner(my old employer) i know for a fact never had either of these for the past 5 years and had routine inspections. And the inspector we had today is the one she had!! Hope that makes sense!
Thanks for reading.x

i have had to get an auto clave also before i got my licence and also had to get a clinical waste bin for ear percing and waxing

Try Therapy 2000.If it is a mobile buisness please dont make the same mistake as i did and get a heavy one x

All you are doing in this case is to reduce the risk of spreading infection on the first client after your tools come out of the autoclave. It doesn't render them sterile for the whole day and multiple uses.

I use the Hard Surface Disinfectant Wipes from Mundo because they are a hospital grade disinfectant, easy to carry around and store, and I use one every time I use my metal tools. Doing this I know that my tools have no pathogens on them when I start working on each individual client. As there are no open wounds disinfection is all that is needed in the salon (or mobile) environment.

Just to let you know i use a lot of mundo products including the hard surface disinfectant and i was told by the local authority that it wasnt good enough,that i have to have an autoclave for metal tools.
That the wipes only disinfect and do not sterilise!
Also the wipes only reduce the pathogens,they dont completely get rid of them!
Such a lot of conflicting advice,all gets quite confusing.

once the instrument is sterilised, it is then transfered into barbacide solution where it will remain until the end of the day. Barbacide keeps the instrument sterile for the day.

Latest posts

Back