Average price for leg waxing in UK?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

besthands

Reaction score
I have a client from "across the pond" coming in this evening, she booked a full leg waxing service and asked how much it would cost, i said usually about $30. She said she couldn't believe how much more expensive things were here in the US. I asked her how much she usually pays and she went on bout the conversion rate ect... i ended up telling her i'd charge here whatever she normally pays. Not sure i should have done that, but i tend to be accommodating to everyone.
Can any of you offer a range that a range of what leg wax service should cost?? Thanks for your time!!

I have a client from "across the pond" coming in this evening, she booked a full leg waxing service and asked how much it would cost, i said usually about $30. She said she couldn't believe how much more expensive things were here in the US. I asked her how much she usually pays and she went on bout the conversion rate ect... i ended up telling her i'd charge here whatever she normally pays. Not sure i should have done that, but i tend to be accommodating to everyone.
Can any of you offer a range that a range of what leg wax service should cost?? Thanks for your time!!

In my salon we charge £12 for half leg wax and £17.00 for full leg wax.

Waxing is one of the cheaper treatments and IMO it is worth much more than I charge (and my local salons). It cant be acheived at home, and can be time consuming.

Im not sure how my prices compare nationally though.

x

I charge £10 for a half leg wax
£13.00 for 3/4 leg
£16.00 for full leg

In London £25 - £30 is not unusual for a full leg wax, but in some places outside of London charge half of this. With the conversion for what you charge (being $30) would be £18.75 which for a full leg wax is very reasonable.

I think $30 for a full leg wax is very reasonable and its certainly competitive with prices in the UK. I charge £18 for a full leg and £10 for a half leg, and my prices are at the cheaper end of the scale since I am in the north of England in a not very affluent city.

I would charge her the $30 if I were you.

I think the average would be £15-£20 for a half leg and £25-30 for full leg.

I charge £18 for half and £26 for full. A full leg wax is hard work!

I would say 30 dollars is very reasonable. Be aware people try it on though.

When I lived and worked in Spain, people would phone me and ask my prices for nails etc. Then moan about the cost saying that they only pay X amount in the UK. I would explain about the conversion rate etc and also point out which products I use, (high quality). After a while I noticed it was only people from the UK, and in the end I just explained that they are not in the UK now, and that is what is normally charged in Spain, in this particular area too. In fact it was less than most towns around where I lived.

If you have a price, and it falls in line with most people in your area, town, city etc then just stick to it. When people go abroad they have to realise that prices are different elsewhere, and that is that. Prices vary from one city to the next, even in the UK.

I know we need business, but we should not have to barter with them to get it!!

1/2 leg £13
Full leg £19

1/2 leg = 14 pound
Full leg = 18 pound

I do up to knee for 10 just over knee for 13 and full leg 20 as a few older ladies only want up to knee so i added that to list

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I don't think you should EVER have to justify your prices to your clients.

You set your own prices based on what you think YOUR skill is worth, and the cost of your products.

Whether that relates to waxing, nails, lashes etc, I think the same rules apply.

You are also being a bit unfair to your loyal regulars if you give her a cheaper rate. Why should a new client who is cheeky enough to question your price get the same service for less than your long term clients?

Half leg £16.50
Full leg £28.50

I don't think you should EVER have to justify your prices to your clients.

You set your own prices based on what you think YOUR skill is worth, and the cost of your products.

Whether that relates to waxing, nails, lashes etc, I think the same rules apply.

You are also being a bit unfair to your loyal regulars if you give her a cheaper rate. Why should a new client who is cheeky enough to question your price get the same service for less than your long term clients?

I agree but had no idea what the conversion rate is, the salon was so busy i could barely hear her on the phone and her english was good but the verbiage is somewhat different than ours.
I just wanted the phone call to end so i told her I'd charge whatever she normally pays, I'll talk to her about it when she comes in. I'll do the service and do it well, but if it isn't worth my time and materials I'll refer her to a salon down the street. I love meeting people from all over the world, and actually have clients from all corners of the globe.
Lets believe it will all go well and i have met a new friend, gained a new client, and made a few $ !!
Thank you all for the replies, ill report back tomorrow how it all went!!

Hi, I charge £13 for half leg, £15 for 3/4 leg and £18 for full leg.
I think she was being cheeky! Just have confidence in your prices as long as they are inline with the local area then stick to them, don't be bullied!! :(

She said she couldn't believe how much more expensive things were here in the US. !!

I can't believe how much it costs for a glass of wine in the centre of London but I wouldn't query the price and tell them it's only £2.50 in my local pub back home! LOL

But based on today's conversion rates $30 = £18.50 so I think your prices are reasonable. x

Thank you all for your input! Well, the client came in last evening and the whole session was a complete joy! She was very chatty and well informed concerning waxing. I waxed, she chatted about British history, the Royal Family, Princess Diane, (we all here in the US loved her). The newest Royal couple, (awesome couple). The awful sniper photos of Kate. The Queen, protocols concerning bowing, and historical properness. (I'm fascinated with all that)
In the end we exchanged email addresses and in short i enjoyed her visit very much.
She said my attention to detail was very good and she and would be rebooking again as she will be in the states through the spring of 2013. Payment was $47 total, she wants to come in to do the pedi, and massage. All in all it was a great experience!!
Thanks again geeks for the imput!!

Latest posts

Back