Awful month

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabellamae

Reaction score
Hi geeks I'm having an awful month!! Is anyone else....?

I have clients cancelling left right and centre saying they are saving for Xmas/just paid for Xmas etc....

I am normally really busy and struggle to fit people in, this month I am sat around waiting for appointments!!! :(

I put up 'Xmas offers' on FB & a mass text yesterday, but to be honest I'm on the cheaper end of the scale, (& kick myself for it) so I can't really do much to discount!

December is getting booked up but I'm really worried now for the start of 2014!! Xx

This is my first year and I don't know what to expect but I've been really quiet as well I've had the odd appointment but not many, and the last 2 weeks december are getting booked up pretty quickly.
let's hope there is a mad rush in december. X

In Malaysia, we don't have a lot client doing Christmas nails, but we have tons of appointment for Chinese New Year.

What our company do is, a week before Chinese New Year, we only take classic mani & pedi, gel and express( without spa mani pedi), the week before Chinese New Year we take gel colour and express mani & pedi only ( all including art of course ) so if clients want their cuticles or calluses removed, they would come a weeks before, and come again for their nails to look best before Chinese New Year, it will take lesser time to do all the services if only doing gel and express, because a week before Chinese New Year the appointment will be pack until 2-3am even if we only have gel and express appointment.

You can try this method for the appointment, dunno if it helps or not

In Malaysia, we don't have a lot client doing Christmas nails, but we have tons of appointment for Chinese New Year.

What our company do is, a week before Chinese New Year, we only take classic mani & pedi, gel and express( without spa mani pedi), the week before Chinese New Year we take gel colour and express mani & pedi only ( all including art of course ) so if clients want their cuticles or calluses removed, they would come a weeks before, and come again for their nails to look best before Chinese New Year, it will take lesser time to do all the services if only doing gel and express, because a week before Chinese New Year the appointment will be pack until 2-3am even if we only have gel and express appointment.

You can try this method for the appointment, dunno if it helps or not

Wow 2-3 am! How do u stay awake! Lol xx

It's the time of the year. I have the same problem, I'm busy with my regulars but that's it. I got really depressed the other day even though I've reached my target of a certain amount every month, just feel like it's not enough so I'm upping my goal now and going to go do some leafletting (ontop of all the other stuff I have going on right now :/ ) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

We have been a little quieter at the salon and usually I struggle fit clients in especially with myself but it's getting busier towards xmas x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Girls stay positive:wink2:! This is good time to think about new designs and ideas for Xmas nail art, try them on tips etc. and practice, practice... because you will not have enough time to do it next month!!))))

I had so many cancellations last week :-/ this week is better so far!!! I think ppl genuinely are skint with xmas. I have already pretty much written january off and going to do some courses while its quiet xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

One of my clients who books literally every three weeks or so has said she's now saving her nails for Christmas :(

Wow 2-3 am! How do u stay awake! Lol xx

That's what I can still do while I'm young, after a few years..... I can't imagine:Scared: ...... Lol

The only advice I can give is that if you're not working with a client then do something to promote your business be it twitter, facebook, delivering leaflets - anything. These can all take a while to get going but if you start to look at them now when you're not as busy it should mean you don't have this problem in the future. Hope you start to get busier soon.

Aww I feel better that is not only me!! ( not that I wish you ladies to be quiet!!) I started taking paying clients this time last year and every month I have got busier and busier, this month I'm just hitting what I did back in august and I have been so upset by it!!

Chin up! Thank you for your replies it's made me feel better about it!

Ps I sent a mass text to all past and present clients yesterday afternoon, this morning I have booked in 4 clients who I had almost written off!! It works ladies!! Xx

I'm sat up at night worrying about this! I work from home so I rely on repeat clients and referrals and I'm so quiet recently! Since September really, I was really busy then all of a sudden i kept finding myself spending the evening with my husband which I never could do as I was always working! I still have loads of appointments for christmas, told myself to work sunday 22nd and I'm regretting it now as I only have one booked in which at this rate will have to move her to monday night!! I wasn't this quiet last year and I'm just hoping and telling myself I will get bombarded with texts soon for the parties and christmas/new year! Thank god I work part time in a salon too because I'm going out of my mind, if I have to watch another episode of peppa pig with my little girl I will scream! I need to work!!

I've been really quiet too, and I'm only just going to be able to hit my rent this month, not sure about the other bills yet though.

I did a mass newsletter email at the beginning of the month to all my old clients that haven't been for the last 6 months - not heard a single thing. I update Facebook etc, but many clients aren't on there. Leaflets haven't worked. Advertising Christmas gift vouchers and goodies hasn't helped either. So I sit waiting for clients and preparing nail art - but most of the time I don't want to sit in my salon alone waiting for someone who may walk in, especially when i can't afford the electricity, and heat etc.

Yes I have my regulars booking in every 2-3 weeks, but it's not enough. I only had 6 people last week!

I take it you have all been through Lynne Bakers more ways to promote your business thread?

Some fabulous advice and if you're that quiet it's definitely worth a read.

I'm the same cancellations left right and centre and regulars stretching appointments out too! I had a lot of interest in the lvl lash treatment to bought the kit and did the course not one of the interested clients or anyone else have book £500 down just before Christmas :( Getting booked up for certain days for December fingers crossed it picks up for us all <3 x

I take it you have all been through Lynne Bakers more ways to promote your business thread?

Some fabulous advice and if you're that quiet it's definitely worth a read.

Yes, had a look through there, still re-reading and doing anything I may have missed before. Fantastic thread though - I think my clients are just immune to all promotions lol

I'm the same cancellations left right and centre and regulars stretching appointments out too! I had a lot of interest in the lvl lash treatment to bought the kit and did the course not one of the interested clients or anyone else have book £500 down just before Christmas :( Getting booked up for certain days for December fingers crossed it picks up for us all <3 x

I was thinking about investing in lvl lashes, and I still want to do it, but I'm worried that I'll lose the money and not gain customers. I had thought about doing this in the new year to try and attract new clients as just don't have the money at the minute.

Fingers crossed we all get a good December! x

Latest posts

Back