Awkward dating question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question/ advice from you lovely ladies whilst we are on the subject and will warn you- its another long one!

I'm currently going through a divorce after 14 miserable years of marriage.
Was at the hotel where my sisters manages and got talking to a guest who comes from the north but was working down south.
Long story short, we met up 3 times which were great, both said we felt like we had known each other years, then he moved back, haven't seen him for two months now and am gutted, we talk about meeting up as he works in reading which is about 1hr 40 mins away but goes home to yorkshire every weekend to see his boys and i work late nights in week. Having snipes at each other now as im getting frustrated at not seeing him but we both say we want to see each other again.
Problem is i don't know him well enough but think he may have been hurt in past so has issues, but i can't get him out if my mind (annoying really as i had not intention of getting involved with anyone at all any time soon). Should i just cut my losses and try to get him out of my life? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

You need to forget him. I think it's my husband!!!! Are you sure he has boys? Have you seen pics of them? We have girls but he could be lying. Does he look like a cross between Ian Beale and Phil Mitchell? I'm getting worried now. :eek:

I think you didn't get my meaning. I wasn't saying stay with a man you have to work hard with. Quite the opposite. I was saying if he's going to duck and dive and not lay his cards on the table then he'll always be hard work and you'll have to think for him.
I personally thought my previous relationship was worth the effort as he was working hard and staying away but it turned out never to be enough.
You have to be prepared for opposing points of view if you ask for opinions here!

I agree missymuffin, i have been on SG enough years to know that we all have different opinions and i did completely understand where you were coming from.
I value yours and everyones opinion and i agree, at the moment it seems when we're together we have a great time, its when we are apart that it becomes strained. He does work very hard but im hoping that as we progress he will think it worth the effort, if not i will definately be saying goodbye. By the time he leaves this weekend, i hope we have some ground rules in place.
H xx

I agree missymuffin, i have been on SG enough years to know that we all have different opinions and i did completely understand where you were coming from.
I value yours and everyones opinion and i agree, at the moment it seems when we're together we have a great time, its when we are apart that it becomes strained. He does work very hard but im hoping that as we progress he will think it worth the effort, if not i will definately be saying goodbye. By the time he leaves this weekend, i hope we have some ground rules in place.
H xx

HELLO!!!!

You didn't answer my question.........are you seeing my husband?????.:eek::eek::eek:

HELLO!!!!

You didn't answer my question.........are you seeing my husband?????.:eek::eek::eek:

Ha ha sorry missed your post, he is definately single as enough if his friends mention that on facebook and yes i have seen pictures of him with his boys!!

Are you relieved or disappointed? :) xx

Ha ha sorry missed your post, he is definately single as enough if his friends mention that on facebook and yes i have seen pictures of him with his boys!!

Are you relieved or disappointed? :) xx

Not sure really now that I think about it. I was hoping you could take over some of the bedroom shenanigans and I could just collect the pay packet. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Oh god, I'm just starting to think about dating after coming out of a 16 year relationship. Even more scared reading all this :-/

Oh Sam, thank goodness. Thought it was just me!

It was hard enough doing it all the first time around but at least I had a running start. I've been out of the game for sooooo long now, I won't even know how to start! x

Trust me i was exactly the same, not even interested in dating or meeting someone and in walks this guy to the reception of the hotel my sister manages.
But together, we get on so well and i laugh so much with him. If this doesn't work, i'm back to plan A !!
H xx

I shall cross my fingers for you xx

Me too Heather, hope it all works out :)

Hope you get some good times and he makes you smile. After all that's what dating is about. If something more develops then that's great. In the meantime enjoy it for what it is, put your best outfits on, flirt for England and have done nice times x

Better a grower then a show-er

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was just reading through this read and I have an extremely naive question.
You know how one of you said they have to be beautiful on the inside and out - I completely agree %100 and when someone loves you of course they are going to be generous, loving, caring and in your eyes will be beautiful inside and out.
Maybe I don't understand this whole love thing well enough but I've only been with one guy and was with him for a reallllllly long time in high school and he seemed beautiful on the inside and outside but to everyone else he wasn't .
He was only "beautiful on the inside" because I was in love with him, he was only good to me because he knew that was how you're meant to treat your lover, he wasn't good to other people, infact, he was the completely opposite.
I'm sure everyone wants a partner with a very good heart and a kind soul, but how many truly good people out there are there?
Not many.
Some people talk. Anyone can talk, but what's on the inside is what's important.
My point is, I've seen soo many guys that are not very nice people in relationships with the sweetest women, in the women's eyes they're beautiful..
So, my question is, how can people look for a partner "with a good heart" when there aren't many of them out there that are genuine.
Does love blind you? Can you eventually see their true colours? Because I sure did, because the "honeymoon" stage doesn't last for long and then you start seeing the way they really are.
It confuses me, I don't even know if I'm making sense.
I always wonder about things like this.

I was just reading through this read and I have an extremely naive question.
You know how one of you said they have to be beautiful on the inside and out - I completely agree %100 and when someone loves you of course they are going to be generous, loving, caring and in your eyes will be beautiful inside and out.
Maybe I don't understand this whole love thing well enough but I've only been with one guy and was with him for a reallllllly long time in high school and he seemed beautiful on the inside and outside but to everyone else he wasn't .
He was only "beautiful on the inside" because I was in love with him, he was only good to me because he knew that was how you're meant to treat your lover, he wasn't good to other people, infact, he was the completely opposite.
I'm sure everyone wants a partner with a very good heart and a kind soul, but how many truly good people out there are there?
Not many.
Some people talk. Anyone can talk, but what's on the inside is what's important.
My point is, I've seen soo many guys that are not very nice people in relationships with the sweetest women, in the women's eyes they're beautiful..
So, my question is, how can people look for a partner "with a good heart" when there aren't many of them out there that are genuine.
Does love blind you? Can you eventually see their true colours? Because I sure did, because the "honeymoon" stage doesn't last for long and then you start seeing the way they really are.
It confuses me, I don't even know if I'm making sense.
I always wonder about things like this.

this is way too deep for me... if hes got a big

wallet

thats all that ever matters !!!:Love::cool::twisted:

this is way too deep for me... if hes got a big

wallet

thats all that ever matters !!!:Love::cool::twisted:

Wallet being a code word for other things aswell :lol:

^^^ :D :D lollll
Well I must say I do like a ... Successful man ;)

Intelligence is attractive.

However, call me shallow but if I dont find them attractive on the outside no personality, money or intelligence will change my thought process.

Not even in a dark room.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok, here's a question.. if you met a short fat ugly troll, but you knew he was a millionaire with a heart of gold to boot, and he asked you out on a date ..say dinner at the Ritz, would you say 'yes' and go ?

I definitely would.

Latest posts

Back