Baby fight club??????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that does turn my stomach, kids should be kids well at least 11. My son is still a kid at heart but trains like an adult and is treated like an adult in the gym. no messy about as this can cause injury to himself or his kids. His life his mapped out completely and I hope he can fulfill all his dreams, as a parent its my job to help him o his way and cuddle him if he comes across any set backs (hopefully not)

My fiance does muay thai. Enters competitions and inter clubs. Before the adults go on.the kids are on! Part of Muay Thai is learning about respect and physical strength. Dave-my fiance-his trainer was interviewed for the show and spoke about muay Thais principles etc but wen he heard how the show was goin to be edited he pulled out! Those parents-especially of the boy n girl-I agree were totally out of order and i would never speak to my daughter like that or force my kids into a ring! We went to an interclub at the weekend and they were there! The dad looks quite like a bully anyway-prob never had a fight in his life-ive def not seen him doin muay thai competitions!
There are rules of the fighting for juniors-like no head contact etc and they are wearing protective gear.
Pushy parents-u see them in all sports!

My fiance does muay thai. Enters competitions and inter clubs. Before the adults go on.the kids are on! Part of Muay Thai is learning about respect and physical strength. Dave-my fiance-his trainer was interviewed for the show and spoke about muay Thais principles etc but wen he heard how the show was goin to be edited he pulled out! Those parents-especially of the boy n girl-I agree were totally out of order and i would never speak to my daughter like that or force my kids into a ring! We went to an interclub at the weekend and they were there! The dad looks quite like a bully anyway-prob never had a fight in his life-ive def not seen him doin muay thai competitions!
There are rules of the fighting for juniors-like no head contact etc and they are wearing protective gear.
Pushy parents-u see them in all sports!

I do not blame you fiance for pulling out, the show has done no good for Muay Thai, when my son was asked in the start, his trainer was informed that it will raise awareness of Muay Thai and do wonders for the kids. We declined to do the so and would not comment for the program too, I do not want to be tarred with the same brush as those pushy parents. My son will go far on his own without the help from dodgy tv programs.

For any sport involving children, there are always parents pushing their children into it for the wrong reasons.
be it Thai kickboxing or whatever, OR swimming or ballet.

A child should be permitted to be a child.
If he/she DOES NOT WANT to participate, they should have that option.

At events like that, a child advocate from social services or whatever, should be on hand to be sure that the child's best interests are served.

And while I do advocate sports for children, I do NOT feel it's appropriate for a child as young as 2 or 4 or 6 to participate on that high of a level.
ESPECIALLY something so aggressive.
Just my opinion.

My reasoning is this: a child may say he/she wants to, BUT does he/she really want to? OR are they only wanting to please their parents and looking for a way to do it and it seems to be the only way?
Children are so easily influenced.

I understand self-defense and I agree with that side of things, But I will never understand the sport of fighting of any kind for adults or children.
I have never approved of it. I just can't see the "sport" in causing harm to someone. (FYI: I don't like rugby, or football either, people getting crushed and all that)

Give me baseball or ballet any day.

thank god I have girls:lol:

For any sport involving children, there are always parents pushing their children into it for the wrong reasons.
be it Thai kickboxing or whatever, OR swimming or ballet.

I agree there wil lalways be pushy parents, I even know parents who push there children too much at school and have even chosen there options and told them what job is best for them.

A child should be permitted to be a child.
If he/she DOES NOT WANT to participate, they should have that option.

Children should always have options it is a part of growing up.

At events like that, a child advocate from social services or whatever, should be on hand to be sure that the child's best interests are served.

I do not agree that at every thaiboxing match a social services rep should attend, we have a doctor and st johns on hand at every one of our fights.

And while I do advocate sports for children, I do NOT feel it's appropriate for a child as young as 2 or 4 or 6 to participate on that high of a level.
ESPECIALLY something so aggressive.
Just my opinion.
I know this is only your opinion but learning thaiboxing at a young age is a skill, i do not mean like the show portrayed.

My reasoning is this: a child may say he/she wants to, BUT does he/she really want to? OR are they only wanting to please their parents and looking for a way to do it and it seems to be the only way?
Children are so easily influenced.

I can only speak for my son, we do not push him in anyway he is just a natural Thaiboxer, my sons kids look forward to his lessons as he makes it more fun, especially with the warm up, he has them crawling, jumping and alsorts, its fun. He also makes the lesson fun for them so I know nobody is crying to go home.

I understand self-defense and I agree with that side of things, But I will never understand the sport of fighting of any kind for adults or children.
I have never approved of it. I just can't see the "sport" in causing harm to someone. (FYI: I don't like rugby, or football either, people getting crushed and all that)

My son does not think on the lines of ok I am going to harm him, this sounds quite brutefull but he is a professionel Thaiboxer and if he never defened himself as well as coming forward he would not be the winner he is today.

Thaiboxing is a skill, it uses all parts of the body unlike normal boxing or kickboxing. Elbows, shines, feet, hands ect. You must also have good reflexes and stamminer too. Full Thai rules and full contact is not for the give up easy for us, you need to be dedicated.

Give me baseball or ballet any day.

thank god I have girls:lol:

I myself love Thaiboxing, I love watching (not shouting) all the fighters except my son. As i said before this is an art which has been in Thailand for centuries and was used by the Thai army in years gone by to win wars too

Latest posts

Back