Baby fight club??????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet again the media exploits twists and misrepresents for their own gain.

Yet again the media exploits twists and misrepresents for their own gain.

All too true,they appear to be painting all parents who's kids take up martial arts as monsters - but you do have to say those parents were truly awfull people.

This is correct the media is very dangerous, but there is always the scum who will do anything to try and get famous the easy way.

What I say is if you want to be famous, get out there and work hard for it, dont piggy back of your children.

Well if they had had decent people on there it wouldnt have been so entertaining would it.Millions of kids do martial arts in the country and other contact sports.Its excellent for discipline and fitness.I t certainly helps my son with his pubescent temper.

With my son doing Muay thai how many children do you know who have world champion Thaiboxer on speed dial like Khamlok Fairtex, one songchai also Top world champs like Rampage Jackson, Check Kongo.

My son is so privilage to train with the best of the best

I do agree the program did get the scum from the backs of beyond.

But teaching Muay Thai to kids is not harmful this is what my son does. As I have said in the thread above I would never put my son in a dangerous position at all. He never uses his skills at school at all, the school know that he does Muay Thai and have praised him on his achievements. My son always keeps his cool, in fact he is very layed back if he was to use his skills I am sure his trainer would exclude him from the camp (gym) this is explained to all students when starting that you cannot use Muay Thai outside the gym.

Not all gyms teach full contact Muay Thai it depends on the student and what stage they are up to. I agree a 5 year old should not be doing full contact. My son is 14 and does full contact because he is so experienced and would look silly coming out with head gear and body shield on. He has been training with a Lumpinee Champion for years in Thailand. My son trains his kids excellent and I am very proud of what he has achieved.

Hi hun, I completely agree with you, and I know I said it should only be a 16+, but at 14 your son isnt far from that, and you know how mature he is and are able to make a decision as to whether he is mature enough to compete or not, I was just using the age of 16 as an indication of the severity of that particular sport. You are totally right though, however you decide to let your kids participate in such sports, whether it be full contact or semi contact, 5 is way too youg!! Kids in my husbands class must practice at semi contact until they reach brown belt, and even then they must be mature enough to have reached that level.

I agree, my son matured in this sport very early. If he sees these threads I am sure he will be embrassed by me saying I am proud, but I am. He is my Champion.

The big problem with this programme as far as I can see (except the blatant child abuse) is that it now gives parents a negative attitude towards such classes. Kids are obese at a record rate in this country, and these sorts of classes should be encouraged and shown in a good light.

There was just too much of a "Jeremy Kyle" air about that programme for me, such a shame as it could have been a very good programme.

I dont think that little girl wanted to be anywhere near that ring....

I think some of those parents were living their lives through their kids....

I think fitness and discipline are important for kids but not putting them in a ring and watching the kids hating being in there.

It was probably edited badly, as most of those programmes are !

The big problem with this programme as far as I can see (except the blatant child abuse) is that it now gives parents a negative attitude towards such classes. Kids are obese at a record rate in this country, and these sorts of classes should be encouraged and shown in a good light.

There was just too much of a "Jeremy Kyle" air about that programme for me, such a shame as it could have been a very good programme.

Record rates are good also rankings it give kids goals. My son has high goals to be world champion, I am sure he will as he is dedicated.

I dont think that little girl wanted to be anywhere near that ring....

I think some of those parents were living their lives through their kids....

I think fitness and discipline are important for kids but not putting them in a ring and watching the kids hating being in there.

It was probably edited badly, as most of those programmes are !

If the kids hate being there then this is abuse, I agree.

Keeping my son away from the gym and ring he calls this abuse. God bless him.

Sorry i got it mixed up Chelle...its muay thai......sorry :o...the programe did make it look sick and at times it was like watching a dog fight like soda said.....good input on it and its good to hear what really goes on xx

In the real world (good gyms) this does not go on, My son looks after every one of his students with his trainer. He goes to every inter club with them and gives them support. There is (make me famous parents out there) but we are not one of them and my son makes his own path.

I had to turn this program off as it made me so sad :cry:

In the real world (good gyms) this does not go on, My son looks after every one of his students with his trainer. He goes to every inter club with them and gives them support. There is (make me famous parents out there) but we are not one of them and my son makes his own path.

I totally agree with the MAKE ME FAMOUS parent .....also its WELL I DID NOT DO IT SO MY KIDS WILL parent aswell and that ,to me, is abuse cos they are forcing the kids then to do something they dont want to do....

The boy thai...he said he wanted to go out and plat with his mates....his mum and dad said no you have GOT to train....thats not just one night thats every night.....thats is bad.

I totally agree with the MAKE ME FAMOUS parent .....also its WELL I DID NOT DO IT SO MY KIDS WILL parent aswell and that ,to me, is abuse cos they are forcing the kids then to do something they dont want to do....

The boy thai...he said he wanted to go out and plat with his mates....his mum and dad said no you have GOT to train....thats not just one night thats every night.....thats is bad.

I think anything that is taken to the extremes without the full backing of the child is wrong ......... But hey the world will always have some pusher parents

We dont live our lives through our son, this is what is done on the tv program, "I only had one fight and didi not win, but thai will be a champ"quote from tv program

I cannot stop my son going to train at the gym and academy we often say should we go out for the day or are you going out with your mates. He always says after training.

When he fought in Thailand, most fighters always rest for 5 days after, my son was in the gym with his trainer doing light work and running even the Thais think he has Thai blood in him, he will never stop.

Sounds like he has had a good dose of ambition as far as his sport is concerned, and that is NOT a bad thing. That is why he has parents like you and his trainers who decide whether he is overdoing it or not, but those parents were just so pushy.

They reminded me of those stage parents dressing up little girls as adults (more like mini prostitutes) to win modeling contests at 4 or 5 or even younger. Dirty ole men must be in paradise going to see those contests, I mean imagine dressing your child up to fulfill a perves dreams, its sick.

Some people do not deserve the children they have got.

Trish xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back