Baby overdue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You poor thing! I know how you feel, you just want them here in the world but like some else has already said - make the most of the peace and quiet coz you wont get any again for oooooo 20 yrs!!!

I was 2 weeks on the dot late and I tried all the different ideas!! Hot curry, fastish walk!! (without waddling too much!!!), and sex but none worked for me i'm afriad! My Chloe was happy where she was!! I went in to hospital at 10days and took another four days of herbal tablets, gel, drip, the lot to get her out!!! Sorry i know realise how bad that sounds!!!! But on the good side when she was coming I had a good hot bath in the delivery room and must have been in the bath all day then she was ready and it only took an hour of labour!!! So there can be a good side!!!

Good luck Hun!!!

get your husband to drive you down an unmade road, full of bumps and potholes for as long as you can bear! worked for me went into labour that night! also eating pineapple is suppossed to be good for bringing on labour (not sure about the "after effects" though? could be a bit windy!

good luck hunny xxx

Raspberry leaf tea doesnt help to bring labour on just gets your body more ready for it and it is meant to make it a less painful experience!

Fresh pineapple, curry?? Up and down the stairs as much as you can manage, sex. Pelvic floor excercises, more often than usual (apparently!!).

Cant think of anymore, but tbh try as I did both mine were still overdue by 10 and 5 days!!

I was two weeks over due with my last baby and tried fish oil and orange juice:eek: :eek:(my mother in law said it would work ) it was a load of B.S.and all it did was make me feel sick! have patience the baby will come when THEY decide it's the right time......enjoy what time you have now and take a nap.....it won't be long before you won't be able too.....

When i had mine, Rasberry leaf tea was the thing........they wouldn`t let you take it before 38 weeks as its supposed to really work!!

I second this, fantastic stuff! Drank it from about 38 weeks, baby flew out 2 days early! My friend swore by a hot curry but don't know personally! Hope it comes soon, those last few days . . . . ooooooh!

Raspberry leaf tea doesnt help to bring labour on just gets your body more ready for it and it is meant to make it a less painful experience!

OMG I dread to think what it would have been like then if I hadn't drunk it!

I TOOK RASPBERY leaf capsules and must admit even though kyle was 3 days late the labour was fast as this helps the 2nd stage of labour and my 2nd stage was 9 mins lol

I walked round sainsburys, that did it.....mind you I was 10 days over due so she had to come out at some point!

Oh, just thought, my friend took to riding her bike down a bumpy gravel track near where she lived too. That's just plain silly though!!

bumpy roads worked for me!!!! although i wasnt riding a bike (i daren't of, i probably would of ended up having it surgicallly removed)!!!!!!!!
brave girl!:eek:

Hope all goes well hun when baba finally decides to show!!! Wish I could advise hun but I was lucky really as both my labours were quite short, all though my first son was 11 days over my second came on his due date!! Sex will help but apart from that they will arrive when they feel like it, little monsters!! :) :hug: Was kinda happy though that both mine stayed put as threaten prem labour both times once at 27 weeks & the second at 28 so told baba's to hold on & thank god they did!! :) Should have guessed they were boys!! Trouble from the start, lol!!

SEX worked for me (it's the little swimmers that do it) the following morning went in to labour a quick one at that 2 hours hope all goes well Michelle:hug:

My last baby was 9 days overdue. my midwife gave me a sweep and she was born the next day so its definatly worth a go in my opinion.

Well Im still here Geeks with my Bump now 5 days over after seeing my midwife she has booked me in for an induction next Fri-god i hope my baby comes before then!I am doing everything that I can 2 get this baby out and I mean everything:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: will keep you updated if baby comes sooner than later

Did you get a sweep done?

:cry: :cry: Hi Geeks Me Again well Im now 11 days over due and feeling so low today I had the sweep and that did nothing for me so looks like Induction this Fri for me-God Im feeling so scared now!have any of you Geeks been induced?If yes how bad was it?

Hun I wasnt induced but my middle daughter was 11 days over due so there is hope yet good luck on Friday if the bubba doesn't appear before that :hug:

:cry: :cry: Hi Geeks Me Again well Im now 11 days over due and feeling so low today I had the sweep and that did nothing for me so looks like Induction this Fri for me-God Im feeling so scared now!have any of you Geeks been induced?If yes how bad was it?
oh i know how you feel... I was two weeks overdue and had to be induced and she STILL didnt want to come out lol
it actually wasnt horrible at all. I had cream applied to induce me which failed then a long while after they broke my waters . none of it was awful at all. I hope baby makes an appearence for you soon xx :hug:

They threatened me with induction for my first baby and I think it was just the thought of it put me in labour. Good luck :hug:

Sorry to hear you're still waiting ... good luck Friday though hun :hug:

Latest posts

Back