Babyliss perfect curl

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanx Hun I'm going to have a look at them at salon international sit down and get a little demo hehe x

Defo the best thing for it! I wasn't fussed by it thinking why would I spend £170(when it first came out) on something I can do with straighteners and curlers anyway.. And I had the fear of the hair getting tangled..but was in Sally's the other day and the girl offered a demo and now I NEED IT in my life !! 😍Xx

Defo the best thing for it! I wasn't fussed by it thinking why would I spend £170(when it first came out) on something I can do with straighteners and curlers anyway.. And I had the fear of the hair getting tangled..but was in Sally's the other day and the girl offered a demo and now I NEED IT in my life !! 😍Xx

Haha I think il be the same! I love a new gadget! 👍 X

Hiya

I'm not a hair pro, I've popped over from beauty. I'm looking at getting one of these for xmas :) eeeek! Is it easier to curl the back of your hair with these? I currently use ghds and it still drives me potty curling the back! Lol

Thanks

Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya

I'm not a hair pro, I've popped over from beauty. I'm looking at getting one of these for xmas :) eeeek! Is it easier to curl the back of your hair with these? I currently use ghds and it still drives me potty curling the back! Lol

Thanks

Xxx

Much easier and quicker :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

They are on special in Costco this month £80 plus vat just bought one they are amazing 😀

They are on special in Costco this month £80 plus vat just bought one they are amazing 😀

Is that the pro one or the one they have in Argos :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Ooo! I may need to renew my membership...is it the pro one? x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Has anyone got a photo of any curls done with this? Xxx

Is this excluded from all VAT free days? x

Ooo! I may need to renew my membership...is it the pro one? x

No it's not the pro curl, it's the U curl retail version.

Mind you at £89.00 inc VAT at Costco, but at nearly £70 cheaper than the Pro version, I think I'll chance it and buy the non-pro version as it's only to do my own hair.

They explained the difference to me in Sally's today..

The pro curl ( trade ) has left, right and alternate curl settings, and has 3 heat settings, and has 3 timer settings

The curl secret only has alternate curl setting, 2 heat settings and 2 timer settings..

Other than that they work the same xx

The pro curl has

Re the alternate curl and the pro curl difference. If you're a non-pro hairdresser adn you just want to do your own hair and there's nearly a £70 quid difference, would you just go for the U Curl???

It's in Costco for £89 inc VAT and I'm trying really hard to justify paying the difference for the Pro version...

From what I have seen, yes x

Boohooo :'( lol xxx

Well I couldn't resist and bought the one from Costco and I must say I'm impressed!!

I'm struggling a little with the back of my hair, but then I'm absolutely RUBBISH at doing my hair at the best of times, but I'm sure I'll get the knack of it.

Not sure how it compares to a proper professional curly blow, but it's made my thin, fine, poker straight hair look like it's got loads of body and curls. :biggrin:

Well I couldn't resist and bought the one from Costco and I must say I'm impressed!!

I'm struggling a little with the back of my hair, but then I'm absolutely RUBBISH at doing my hair at the best of times, but I'm sure I'll get the knack of it.

Not sure how it compares to a proper professional curly blow, but it's made my thin, fine, poker straight hair look like it's got loads of body and curls. :biggrin:

Give us a pic!

Silly question - sorry

So if I buy this - I use it instead of rollers on wet hair that are dried under the hood dryer? Wash and set?

Silly question - sorry

So if I buy this - I use it instead of rollers on wet hair that are dried under the hood dryer? Wash and set?

You use it on dry hair like you would curling tongs. It pulls your hair in the machine curls the hair using heat then releases the hair.

I bought one from Costco today. It's called Babyliss Curl Secret. It's for my birthday in a months time but I told my husband that I needed to test it. :). It's a bit nerve wracking using it at first and I did manage to tangle up once or twice but once you get into the flow of it it's easy to use. I'm not a hairdresser so I didn't know how to section my hair and where to start first so admittedly its not particularly even but the results are so much better than any other heated curling device I have tried previously.

The curler is actually dark purple not black (bonus) and it says in the manual that it's not suitable for really long hair or for extensions. My hair is fine so I chose the low heat and medium curl option. I've attached photos showing half done and the back. I obviously now need to buy some sort of spray for flyaways as I would really like smooth defined curls.

Attachments

• Photo 26-10-2013 15 20 59.jpg
    Photo 26-10-2013 15 20 59.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 657
  • Photo 26-10-2013 15 44 04.jpg
    Photo 26-10-2013 15 44 04.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 620
  • Photo 26-10-2013 16 02 04.jpg
    Photo 26-10-2013 16 02 04.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 1,397
  • Photo 26-10-2013 16 02 07.jpg
    Photo 26-10-2013 16 02 07.jpg