Quantcast

Backfill colour change with glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Annemarie

CND Grand Master tech
Reaction score
If a client has a set of glitter tips on and wanted a color change when coming in for a backfill etc, how would I be able to do this without soaking the nails off and starting again? I know I could file most of the old product away over tips and then re-apply but what if it was sculpted glitter tips? Iygwim. How could I do it then? Thanks

sknight

Reaction score
I would remove the glitter tip back to where I want the new smile line. Apply a form and sculpt the new tip, then continue as per normal re-balance. You could always thin out the tip and place on top (depending on colours used). Hth

Annemarie

CND Grand Master tech
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.:biggrin: I get what you mean, but if the sculpted tip is made with mixed glitter acrylic, would the old colour not show through on the underside of the free edge?

GaynorE

Reaction score
i would use a clear or natural tip underneath the glitter then when rebalancing take it right back to the tip, or if sculpting do a very thin layer of clear acrylic as a base then ur glitter over the top, and again when rebalancing you can take it right back to the clear.

yeah i find that if you change the colour without taking away all the original tip then it does normaly show through

Annemarie

CND Grand Master tech
Reaction score
Thanks.:biggrin: will try that.

Latest posts