backsratchers tip & dip white tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KattyB

Reaction score
Ok.. I hope this makes sense.

I have always worked with the fibreglass/silk backscratchers system but have decided to offer the extreme tip and dip for clients who want a quick system with white tips.

I have been practising on friends and have completed two sets of the white tips. (very simple to do and good results so far) However the problem I have with the white tips is that both my models natural nails are very short with no free edge and so there appears to be an awful lot of white tip in comparison to nail bed on the finished result.

I have discussed with both of them that in 1-2 weeks time they will look so much more natural as the nail will have grown and the extra length will give them more proportion, however if a client came into the salon requesting the white tips and had similar nails to my models I would suggest the fibreglass system with a french manicure instead to achieve a better length and finish...but I'm not sure how they would react to this since i was going charge less for the white tips than the fibreglass.

Does anyone else have this problem? or is it me just being picky?? any advice would be much appreciated.

xx

I personally wouldn't offer this system,mainly for the reasons you state :D

Under these circumstances i would offer an L+P custom blend to elongate the nail bed.

If you are wanting a quick system IMO you can't have everything ie a balanced looking finnished nail ,this would require L+P or Gel iykwim

Hth's

I personally wouldn't offer this system,mainly for the reasons you state :D

Under these circumstances i would offer an L+P custom blend to elongate the nail bed.

If you are wanting a quick system IMO you can't have everything ie a balanced looking finnished nail ,this would require L+P or Gel iykwim

Hth's

Hi becki

Thanks for the quick reply...
Only problem with this would be that i am not a fan of L & P, was trained with NSI in this and feel it is too thick incomparison with the backscratchers products...would prefer to stick with this product so I suppose like you say I can't have everything. Just wondered if anyone else has had similar experiences and do clients accept it or complain?

L&P is only as thick as you make it...i would give it another go. Or what about trying Gel.....they have some lovely coverage gels to help elongate the nail.....and white gels for your french clients.

I used tip and dip for a while and hated the limitations you have with it.....as you are experiencing now. x

What type of white tip are you using?
Does it have a contact area (well) or is it well less?

If it does have a contact area, and that covers too much of these small nailbeds you are talking about, then, using curved scissors, cut a deep smile line into it just leaving enough of the well to attach to the nail. Not only will you have more nail plate showing you will have a nicer smile.

Alternatively buy some well less tips with a nice smile line on them...and you can attach them at the very edge of the nail without worrying about stop points.

If you don't want to change systems and try L&P......then I think this will help.

What type of white tip are you using?
Does it have a contact area (well) or is it well less?

If it does have a contact area, and that covers too much of these small nailbeds you are talking about, then, using curved scissors, cut a deep smile line into it just leaving enough of the well to attach to the nail. Not only will you have more nail plate showing you will have a nicer smile.

Alternatively buy some well less tips with a nice smile line on them...and you can attach them at the very edge of the nail without worrying about stop points.

If you don't want to change systems and try L&P......then I think this will help.

The tips I have used have deep smile lines already and are well less...I didn't want to attach them too near to the free edge in case that compromises the strength.

I dunno maybe I'm stuck with this unless I change! Thanks for the help!

I don't use this system,but maybe an alternative is to use natural tips and then do a french mani :idea: hth's

The tips I have used have deep smile lines already and are well less...I didn't want to attach them too near to the free edge in case that compromises the strength.

I dunno maybe I'm stuck with this unless I change! Thanks for the help!

The strength is in the product not the tips...they are there just to stop the product falling on the floor...:lol:...well almost. x

i was going to suggest what becki suggested using natural tips instead and doing a french polish.​

hey, ive used the pearl french tips, and i take the well down on them a bit more as i find it too deep.
I dont have any probs with them falling off, as bagpuss says, the strength is in the product, not the tip.
hth

Latest posts

Back