Balayage bleach?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scarfgirl

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if it's ok to use your normal bleach when doing balayage?? I use wella blondor or loreal. And I'm also a little confused....if I weave a section bleach it and foil it isn't that the same as balayage , where I would take a section, back comb and bleach it and foil it???? Do you not get the same result?? Or is the point of it that you don't get near the root?? I'm over thinking it I think!!!! Or am I?? Xxx

I balayage regularly using blondor.. Also use Tigi.

I personally find I have a greater control of where I place my colour. It can achieve a really natural sun kissed effect which can be hard to obtain with foiling.

The main thing to remember is to work cleanly. You can quickly end up with a disaster if not! Lol xx

Forgot to say.. You can really work with the way the hair naturally falls too! I love it! :-D

Hi there, balayage is a freehand technique where you usually work in small sections hand painting onto the hair. There is a fab thread on here if you search for it. YouTube as well.

Any bleach that doesn't swell is great so Blondor and Infinie Platine by loreal are great. A nice creamy consistency, not too wet or dry.

http://youtu.be/w169c1mvzWQ

It can be used as an alternative to traditional foiling too. This vid demos both.

Can you tell I'm a balayage fan?? Lol x

Ha ha yes!!!! Thanks guys. So correct me if I'm wrong but do I not need to foil my bleach balayage ??? Xx

Was worried about bleeding when I dropped the bleached hair on to non coloured hair!!!! Scary xx

You don't use foil with balayage. You are in effect 'painting' the highlights onto the hair.

I'd advise lots of practice on a head block first.. Get used to loading your brush with an amount you can work comfortably and cleanly with.

There's a knack to it.. Using minimal pressure will avoid an overload of product and therefore avoiding bleeding. Some people like to put cotton wool etc between sections until they are confident enough to go without.

I can't stress enough how important the practicing is.. You'll find your own mojo with it lol x

Hope my waffle makes sense! X

Yes it does!! Ok great I did think it was painting the colour on the hair but I got confused whilst reading the thread posted today re root drag and balayage, I think she said she used foil which is why I got confused!!!! Thankyou for the info, really want to try it out as I mostly have clients who have highlights, think I will have to get my dolls head out xx

Wella fetch out new bleach freelights for baylage no bleeding x

I use tigi bleach for everything including balayage. Love balayage highlights, foiling is kinda a pet peeve of mine I find it really boring so much prefer doing freehand. I just mix my bleach up slightly thicker, more of a 1:1 ratio than 1:2 so then it sits nicely on the top of the hair and is less likely to seep through. A lot of people use clingfilm in between the layers as that keeps the heat in and stops it drying out, I have been using foils just placed over the sections to stop bleeding etc, and that works quite well but would like to try clingfilm too.

I put cling film on my own hair whilst it processes x

Latest posts

Back