Balayage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the Internet there is such a divided opinion on it. Some say its great others say that its basically a load of rubbish. What techniques do you all use?
I done cotton wool under the roots then cling film inbetween.xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

What is the cotton wool and cling film all about I'm confused! X

What is the cotton wool and cling film all about I'm confused! X

Laying a small piece of cotton wool underneath the roots of each highlight helps to prevent the colour bleeding onto the other hair, and cling film helps to seperate the sections and prevent the lighener from drying out so quickly.x

I understand the theory behind this but You shouldn't really need to use these it is achievable with them lol x

I saw sallys do balayage day courses, do you think its ok to do it fresh from qualifying next year? Im thinking as foils will be fresh so no bad habits/set in my ways and we do have an ombre input day at college, do you think , as a technique, its a good add on?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

may ask my hairdresser about this... Is it more natural than foils?

Sent from my gt-i9100 using salongeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386890293.045830.jpg

I use foil to layer on top/ underneath pieces it works well enough and looks way more profession imo. Allow fiddling about with cling film

Yeh clingfilm is sooooo fiddly, i do use it though or sometimes just the cotton wool xx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I saw sallys do balayage day courses, do you think its ok to do it fresh from qualifying next year? Im thinking as foils will be fresh so no bad habits/set in my ways and we do have an ombre input day at college, do you think , as a technique, its a good add on?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Most my clients are balayage. I would do it if I were you. Its much more fun than foiling imo but foiling is important as well.

I understand the theory behind this but You shouldn't really need to use these it is achievable with them lol x

The film keeps it ftom drying out especially when you are using heat. I dont see not getting by without it. I personally dont use the cotton. Never needed it..

I've never done Balayage before and got a client asking to have it done. Has anyone got any tips on how to do it please? Love the idea of it and i'm doing on a client who has never had colour before so be an easy way of introducing her to colour. :)

I've never done Balayage before and got a client asking to have it done. Has anyone got any tips on how to do it please? Love the idea of it and i'm doing on a client who has never had colour before so be an easy way of introducing her to colour. :)

Depends, are they light now or dark?

what should the consistency of bleach be like? I did this once but the bleach dried out and didn't take well. How many parts bleach to peroxide would you say?

what should the consistency of bleach be like? I did this once but the bleach dried out and didn't take well. How many parts bleach to peroxide would you say?

I make mine like tomato sauce and I try to keep it inside foil even if I just cover the sections to keep it warm and stop it from drying

Tomato sauce good description! Do you use a paddle? I really want to perfect balayage, the results are gorgeous, guy tang hair is fabulous x

looooooove doing balayage :) i learned off one of my stylists and i put my own twist on it, i point colour some of it to give a more balayage look, rather than a grown out look, and one of my clients i did a couple of days ago said its THE best balayage she has ever had, and its the first time ever she has walked out of the salon happy... EVER

Laying a small piece of cotton wool underneath the roots of each highlight helps to prevent the colour bleeding onto the other hair, and cling film helps to seperate the sections and prevent the lighener from drying out so quickly.x

I did the jack howard course at loreal too !! I love it however, how do you take somebody from light to dark ( ie precolouring ) then balayage ? Do you precolour the lot then lighten over it or just colour match darker pieces you are adding ?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I did this the other day, I just darkened the roots and feathered down in sections and foiled away some blonde on top to give the balayage effect. I've attached a pic.

Attachments

• balay.jpg
    balay.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 693
I've never done balayage but def something I am keen to learn and do. Does anyone use wella colour ID to go this technique? What is ppls thoughts on colour ID.

I've never done balayage but def something I am keen to learn and do. Does anyone use wella colour ID to go this technique? What is ppls thoughts on colour ID.

I've never tried balayage and nobody in my salon does it but I'm itching to try it now! Although I do love colour ID that's the product that makes me feel like an artist!

I did this the other day, I just darkened the roots and feathered down in sections and foiled away some blonde on top to give the balayage effect. I've attached a pic.

Love this!!:) i want this doing to my hair as i dont want my roots coming through every month soo prominent.. and i also want to be able to do my hair myself as i cant trust no-one with my hair anymore :( what colour did you use to darken her roots?
thanks in advance xx

Latest posts

Back