Balayage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky_Loves

Reaction score
Hi guys,
How do you feel about Balayage. I had a client ask me about it last week and I done my research and done it on her this week. Ive been reading up about it and its got such mixed reviews..what your take on it if youve done it before...
Thanks N x
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've actually transferred most of my highlight clients into Balayage. I love it! It looks better as it grows out as well. Clients are starte hung appointments further and further apart these days. It keeps your work looking good even though they're doing so.

I absolutely LOVE balayage, and would love it if most of my foil highlights converted to balayage eventually!

I took balayage class earlier in the year and it really made me think about the way I colour in a different light. After years of foiling, I felt like I was becoming robotic, but with balayage I feel more free to be creative just like I am painting!

But just like foil highlights, learning balayage takes practice so for me it is my main focus at the moment to master the technique. =)

I absolutely LOVE balayage, and would love it if most of my foil highlights converted to balayage eventually!

I took balayage class earlier in the year and it really made me think about the way I colour in a different light. After years of foiling, I felt like I was becoming robotic, but with balayage I feel more free to be creative just like I am painting!

But just like foil highlights, learning balayage takes practice so for me it is my main focus at the moment to master the technique. =)

Where/who did you do you're balayage training?

I agree you feel like a artist! Haha Its all about balayage ATM x

As a beauty geek ive always wondered what is balayage? Ive never heard any of my hairdressers say it x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Where/who did you do you're balayage training?

I learnt from Jack Howard, at the time at he was running the course at L'Oreal academy, next year it will be at Neville salon, but I know L'Oreal will also be running balayage courses next year as well. He has a blog if you google him. x

Yeah I love the free aspect of it..and I totally understand the roboticness of foils.
I would really like to do some proper training tho. Im up in Scotland tho :confused:

I do balayage so often I feel that Ill forget how to foil! You just get beautiful results with balayage. Google balayage and look at images.

I love it! My absolute fav way of coloring; works just as well for highlights as lowlights. I hardly ever do foils anymore.

I just moved a client onto balayage from foils because she is going to india for 5 months and needs something that wont look harsh as it grows out. It looks so natural I love it.

May ask my hairdresser about this... is it more natural than foils?

May ask my hairdresser about this... is it more natural than foils?

Have a look on google images. It looks much more natural yes. You dont get that line when it grows out because much of your roots are left natural, so ideal for younger clients, maybe not so good if you want to cover greys like foils do.

On the Internet there is such a divided opinion on it. Some say its great others say that its basically a load of rubbish. What techniques do you all use?
I done cotton wool under the roots then cling film inbetween.xx

Pros:
More natural looking
Softer at the root
No line of demarcation when it grows out (foils leave a harsh line)
Less stripey than foil
More up to date
Good for ombre
Can also put in lowlights
Can do bigger pieces without chunky look
Its faster
Clients love the exclusivity and further time between appts

I have no cons. Whoever says they dont like balayage probably because they arent experienced in it enough

I have no cons. Whoever says they dont like balayage probably because they arent experienced in it enough
Do you charge similar to foils?Xx

I watched a video on you tube where the guy said it is more expensive but all a client needs is 3 6week appointments and then they can go up to 4months without any colour x

I charge the same as full head foils, because its quicker and takes less product, foils etc. I dont do barely any highlights at the moment anyway because my clients arent really that into natural looks, they all want crazy colours, but if i can move clients onto balyage that need highlights then i will, much more enjoyable experience for me and more interesting i find.

So what are your methods of application? Xx

Latest posts

Back