Ball Point pens.. anyone tried it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdskora

Reaction score
I had an idea .... What about those metalic gel pens that scrapbookers use?.. do you think they would be ok to enchance in nail art?.. I only ask because I find it hard to control a fine brush sometimes...

Can anyone reccomend super fine nail art pens?

thanks
Mel

I had that idea too, but didn't get along with it. It took a while to dry, and the details wasn't what I expected. BUT keep in mind that I bought some cheapo ones, so maybe I'll try out some of my more expensive ones today, will let you know how it goes:green:

And for the nailart brushes, I'm no fan of them. I use a no. 0 or no. 2 davinci brush and acrylic paints, and wouldn't use anything else... well a dotter tool, but thats it:)

thanks karen... yeah i too thought you would need to buy the more expensive pens.. i do have 2 gold and silver but i just did my nails.. ( will post a pic in crit tonight) and didnt feel like buffing my nail again.. lazy but ... well if someone already tried it saved me some work...lol

where do i buy those art brushes.. at any art store or on line?.
thanks karen

mel

your welcome... :hug:

I have bought mine at a store here in Denmark, but I'm sure you can find it online in an artstore, these brushes are wellknown, so shouldn't be a problem...

I just tried the liners on my nail, the more expensive ones were able to draw on it, and with details, but I'm in a hurry so didn't have the patience to allow to dry, but might work.

I def. have to try, when I have the time, maybe coat with a bit of topcoat and try to encapsulate in L&P....

Now you got me started on playing, guess hubby has to make his own dinner tonight:green:

Karen you are a bad woman... LOL... glad it worked.. I might have to try in out on the mother in law on the weekend.... Like I said I have a gold gel paint pen thingy..lol.. I will give that a go before i buy any others..

Did hubby get his own tea?...lol
X Mel

I often use a fineliner (write on anything type) to add detail to my nails.

I would defo reccommend.

i didnt like gel pens because i found them too long to dry.
when trying to do fine design i prefer to use the tip of a cocktail stick dipped in paint and used like a pen.

I have loads of Sakura scrapbooking/Cardmaking pens and tried them quickly over the top of my enhancement earlier (but didnt coat over the top, just tested) and the Jelly Glaze ones work well so do the souffle ones (obviously they scratch off without some sort of protection but they are for shiney surfaces) The Metelics were harder to work with but i could work on that if i had more time to play.
These are really good quality pens with a lovely flow to them, all they need is a little push on the nib to control the flow of the gel, the gel is a lovely thick consistency too. :)

thanks Karen.. I think they are similar to the ones that i have at home.. like I said.. I only have the metalic ones..
I will have a play with them when i get a bit of time over the next few days and if any turn out i will post them..
x Mel

Latest posts

Back